11 replies to this topic

#1 TraBaz

TraBaz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:45 AM

So my Hubby is back from his week long hunting/fishing week with my dad and other guys.

While he was gone, I was ON TRACK 24/7. AND lost 4lbs.

He got home Sunday around noon. And what is the first thing he does. Says "I'm Hungry. Do we have anything to eat?"

So he says he will just have some soup. But instead goes downstairs and grabs a frozen pizza, doctor's it up with some onions and cheese. Than eats almost half of it.

What do I do??

I have a sliver.
Walk away.
Than I have another sliver.
Than another.
Turns into a slice.
But it was only 1 slice. And it was thin crust.
I was sooo peed off at myself.

:angry:

Than the night before my neighbour made a Squash and Pear soup. She insisted on having her daughter bring me over a bowl so I can try it. (This woman knows no boundaries) Even though I said no thank you like 5 times, I tried to say I was in the bath, and than said no thanks I'm on a expensive diet. And please don't bring it to me.
But she wouldn't listen.

So I had that for Sunday morning breakfast. ARGH!

So this morning I weigh myself, and I am up 2lbs. I am so mad at myself.

Now that Hubbers is back, I have to make him dinner. And I enjoy cooking for him, because he enjoys it so much, and appreciates it.

But I truly feel like it's this reason why I have such a hard time loosing. He said to buy him frozen dinners and he will be fine with that. But I feel bad for him. He doesn't need to loose any weight. Not like me anyways. And I want him to enjoy his dinners...

Sorry for the rant. Just feeling a bit defeated this morning.

I was on track for dinner, and my snack. And that 1 slice of slivered pizza was my "lunch". I just wish I would have just had the whole slice with a salad and enjoyed it.

PLUS I worked out all week. Monday-Friday and Sunday! And I will be working out all this week as well...

Tracy

Start 9/3/2013

Week 1
-4.2 Lbs
Week 2
+1.4 lbs
=-2.8 lbs total loss
Week 3
-4.5 lbs!
=6.5 Total Loss
Week 4
-0.5 lbs
=7 Total Loss
Week 5
-2.2 lbs
=9.2 Total Loss

#2 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

Tracy,
It's over so move on girlfriend anyway that gain you see on the scale is probably sodium from the pizza (frozen pizzas have lots of sodium...no telling how much the soup had) just flush yourself away with water...drink till you can't drink anymore, then drink some more! It will help big time, trust me (I'm a doctor, just kidding I'm not :P )

***Forgot to tell ya...I've cooked for my husband all along while on JC and I'm a really good cook (not bragging just fact) It never was a problem for me, I'd eat JC and he'd eat the fabulous dinner I prepared cause he deserves it, and he isn't on a diet so why should he suffer...he works hard and deserves a home cooked meal, yes I spoil him, but he is so supportive of me while I've been on JC! Also married 28 years...gets me lots of brownie points too, especially when I dress up like a girl scout for him...(just kidding) !
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Yo_Momz

Yo_Momz

~ Kyra ~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:48 AM

Tracy, I've had a very down morning as well. I also still cook for my DH and 19 year old son. I try to make them what I am having for dinner or something very close to it, (I'm a great cook too!) that makes it easier for me! Like tonight, I'm having rising crust pizza and I am making them tortizzas! (pizza on a tortilla), last night I had fajitas and so I made them fajitas!

You are doing great, that's a lot of exercise and weight you have already lost! Come on girl! We got this!

kyrarwb_zpsa291ab85.jpg

weight.png

#4 TraBaz

TraBaz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

I have lost on JC before while cooking for him too. I am also a good cook. I am bragging! haha. It just gets hard sometimes. Making 2 meals. Tasting a little here and there to make sure it is spiced enough.

But I know I can do this.

I just got a little used to not having to cook for him....

Tracy

Start 9/3/2013

Week 1
-4.2 Lbs
Week 2
+1.4 lbs
=-2.8 lbs total loss
Week 3
-4.5 lbs!
=6.5 Total Loss
Week 4
-0.5 lbs
=7 Total Loss
Week 5
-2.2 lbs
=9.2 Total Loss

#5 TraBaz

TraBaz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:02 AM

Thanks Kyra!
You are right. We got this.
I put my my food in MyFitnessPal and was very honest and they had the pizza in the the database as well. And it shows I didn't eat enough for the day...
Maybe that has something to do with it to...

But thanks for the pep talk! Your doing really well as well!

Tracy

Start 9/3/2013

Week 1
-4.2 Lbs
Week 2
+1.4 lbs
=-2.8 lbs total loss
Week 3
-4.5 lbs!
=6.5 Total Loss
Week 4
-0.5 lbs
=7 Total Loss
Week 5
-2.2 lbs
=9.2 Total Loss

#6 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

Tracy the hubby doesn't need food anyway...with how gorgeous you are (mean it too) he can live on love by just looking at you...YOWZA!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 momtobbb

momtobbb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

Tracy,
I'm having the same problem cooking for the husband & three kids. I taste while I cook which gets me in trouble. I also tend to eat off the kids' plates when I clean up. Time to start some new & better habits!

#8 TraBaz

TraBaz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:23 AM

I know it's so hard! I try to buy things that I don't like to eat and he does... Like Pork. I'm not a huge fan... Except for Bacon....

Thanks for the compliment Sheila! Haha! I wish it was that easy! Here Honey, you don't need food. Have some love. Haha!

Tracy

Start 9/3/2013

Week 1
-4.2 Lbs
Week 2
+1.4 lbs
=-2.8 lbs total loss
Week 3
-4.5 lbs!
=6.5 Total Loss
Week 4
-0.5 lbs
=7 Total Loss
Week 5
-2.2 lbs
=9.2 Total Loss

#9 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

I understand Tracy...cause it's almost impossible to cook and not taste it to season it right. I'm so weird I've tasted the food chewed it then spit it out! How neurotic is that? It's a lot of work making two dinners so what I do is make a salad for both of us and a vegetable (when it's a veggie he'll eat) then he gets bread and a meat and I get my JC dinner. You're gonna do great especially since you've done this before. However it is a treat when they're gone and ya only have to do your food.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 kristinamdillon

kristinamdillon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:35 AM

Sheila, that's not neurotic at all. I have to do it ALL THE TIME. I'm a food panelist for a company that makes french fries and pizza, so I'm eating all day long. Yesterday we did texture of 10 different onion rings and 10 different kinds of french fries. Sometimes you've just gotta taste! If you get in the habit of tasting and spitting, eventually it'll be an automatic response while doing that particular activity. For example, when I'm in the testing room, I find it VERY hard to swallow anything.

KRISTINA

SW: 178.4

CW: 172.4
GW: 150.0

#11 harleygirl17

harleygirl17

Harley Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:33 AM

Tracy, I've had a very down morning as well. I also still cook for my DH and 19 year old son. I try to make them what I am having for dinner or something very close to it, (I'm a great cook too!) that makes it easier for me! Like tonight, I'm having rising crust pizza and I am making them tortizzas! (pizza on a tortilla), last night I had fajitas and so I made them fajitas!

You are doing great, that's a lot of exercise and weight you have already lost! Come on girl! We got this!

Good attitude...I do the same....I try and eat what my hubby is eating so I don't feel so out of place....if they order a pizza, I just pull out that JC rising crust pizza and Im on my wauy...I do that with many things, fajita kits, fish & chips, spaghetti and meats another big one....it is what we make it...if we have the attitude that it sucks to watch what we eat then the challenge will be even more difficult....its all in our minds....I think we got the right attitude....keep it up...
Posted Image

Week 1 -4.8
Week 2 -1.0
Week 3 -2.4
Week 4  0   (booo)
Week 5 -1.0
Week 6 -0.4
Week 7- Royal
Week 8- Royal
Week 9- -1.6
Week 10- +1.8 urrrr
Week 11 -2.6
Week 12 -1.8
Week 13-15 cruise vacation
Week 16 + 8.0 (urrr dam Xmas & cruise)
week 17 -3.0  (Thank you Lord)
Week 18 -1.8
week 19 +.08  urrrrr (mom & dad)
Week 20 -1.2
Week 21 - 0.8 (still a lose..take it...)

#12 Lulu14673

Lulu14673

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:01 AM

I totally agree with you Harleygirl, it is kind of a mind game. As long as you have the right attitude, you'll be fine.
Tracy, I think you're doing really good! I wish love is all hubbty needed, must he eat too?? LOL :P
Joined JC in 2005
Original Goal - 2006
2011-2012: Working on a lowered goal
2013: Goal!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users