3 replies to this topic

#1 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:59 AM

Find one in your area and get on the bandwagon. There is a group of us forming and working on the c25K program to get us in shape to get out and walk or jog 3 miles on thanksgiving morning with our town. Anyone can do this, its not a physically hard task, and people of all ages and shapes and sizes participate in turkey trots.

Remember JC is a lifestyle change, so this is a great way to make a change. Instead of sitting home thanksgiving mornings and tasting everything thats being cooked, make a new annual tradition of getting up and doing a turkey trot. This year will be my second turkey trot , and i plan on doing it every year forever.

We have just about 2 months to get in shape, thats more than enough time to build the strength and confidence to get out there and do this thing! Most turkey trots have an option to jog or walk, so there isn't any excuse to not get out there with some friends or family or even by yourself. I went by myself last year and just made new friends.

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4", 46 years old, start date 7/18/2012 236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

10/19/14  week 1 - 4.2               week 8 - in process

10/25/14  week 2 - 0

11/1/14    week 3 - 4.4

11/8/14   week 4  +1

11/18/14 week 5 - 1.4

11/30/14 week 6 - ?

12/6/14 week  7 - 1.3

sonyabeforeafterjune2013_zps9d3b3f8a.jpg

weight.png

#2 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,884 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

Excellent idea...gobble gobble :P Sonya!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 JackieP

JackieP

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:33 AM

I'm in! I started C25K this morning and will finish just in time for our local Turkey Trot.
~ Jackie

Posted Image

#4 Jen.M

Jen.M

Jen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:23 AM

I don't know if I'll get to a Turkey Trot or not, but I do have one coming up at the end of October - I've talked my hubby and daughter into joining me so we can get the whole family into the act. We're NASCAR fans, and we'll be doing the 5K around the local track, so that'll be pretty neat! Maybe if they enjoy it, I can talk them into another one for Thanksgiving - we'll see. :)
Jen

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users