• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 mofreeze

mofreeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:49 AM

36 year old mother of 2 girls. Soccer mom, corporate mom, christian mom. I've been what most consider thin my entire life, 110 lbs to 125 lbs. But I was at the gym 24/7. Guess it's age, the last 2-3 years, life has changed. Death of a loved one, loss of my favorite job, loss of love, etc ... I'm 20 lbs heavier than I have ever been before and no amount of hour long step classes or 6 mile runs on the treadmill matter. I haven't budged. I weigh 145 lbs (at the center) and 141 (at home). I know some may balk at my weight loss journey but my 20 lbs feel like 200 lbs to me. Because no amount of exercise can get my weight down a single pound. And before my 20 lbs become 200 lbs, I need to make lifestyle changes. My relationship with food as been toxic, I am an emotional eater. I love food, it just doesn't love me back the way I wish. I know what it's like to hate being in a bikini now. I know what it's like to not want to see pictures of myself. It's amazing how even a small amount of weight can break a girls self esteem. I'm afraid of this program, not because it doesn't work but because I seem to not be working. I can't stay consistent on my own 1200-1500 calorie plan with Lean Cuisine, I'm terrified Jenny will be no better. So here I am, posting my first blog. Reading yours for inspiration. My journey is not any shorter than yours as I understand I have to change the way I view food and learn how to make better choices for myself, and my daughters. Day 1, post 1.

Begging God for his strength and begging God to reorder my disordered ways of thinking about food.

Good luck to all on their journey :)
Week 1 | -3 lbs
Week 2 | -2.4 lbs
Week 3 | -3.4 lbs

5'4" | 36 year old mom of 2 daughters
Goal 125 lbs

Sun, Sept 22 JCC center weigh-in 145.2 lbs (at home 141.8 lbs)
Mon, Sept 23 begins day 1 of my 20 lb weight loss journey
Sat, Sept 28 - 5 day weighin | 142.2 lbs
Sat, Oct 5 - 12 day weighin 139.8 lbs
Sat, Oct 12 - 19 day weighin 136.4 lbs | -3.4 lbs
Sat, Oct 19 - 135 | -1.4 lbs
Sat, Oct 26 - 134.8 | -.2 lbs
Sat, Nov 2 - 134 | -.8 lbs

#2 Free of Concern

Free of Concern

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

:) Welcome Mofreeze to the Jenny Craig Program!

Have you ever heard of the book "Made to Crave" by Lysa Terkeurst? She is a Christian author and addresses toxic food relationships from a Christian perspective. It may help you develop a more sane and healthy relationship with food and your own self worth. Remember that you are a Child of God regardless of how much you weigh.

Good for you for seizing control of your life before the pounds add up. It doesn't matter that it's 20 lbs because these pounds are affecting your mental health.

May God give you peace and a clear mind as you travel on this journey to good health! :)
Formerly known as Patty Lynne
I can't control the outcome of the "game" but I can control how I work in preparation for the "game"
"It is not the mountains we conquer but ourselves"
I may be imperfect but I love and accept myself as I push towards my goal of good health!
Goal weight 125
wgt @ 07/21/12 132.8
Wgt @ 03/05/2013 127.8 Yea...New plan is working great!!!
Wgt @ 03/16/2013 125.4 Almost there!
Wgt @ 05/06/2013 126.8 Still getting back into groove from Easter
Wgt @ 06/07/2013 124.3 Yea...Now for Consistency!!

#3 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:00 PM

Mofreeze...the amount of pounds you want to lose is irelevant, we have people on here struggling to lose 4 pounds so don't think we care about that one bit. What we care about is you, cause we are all in the same boat here! We don't judge one another, we only lift one another up. We encourage each other to push through the low points and celebrate the high points. I can only speak for myself and what I know is...until you're really ready to do this, that Jenny Craig food in your freezer isn't gonna make you eat it and stick to the plan. The only thing that can make that happen is you. Sometimes when life gets rough and beats us up we aren't ready to do this. We want it and think we should be doing something about it but we maybe don't have our whole hearts into it? Cause we are still hurting, grieving, or angry (fill in the blank). Why we think that punishing or soothing ourselves with food is the answer I'll never know? So if your exercising but not able to restrict your caloric intake that is gonna be a red flag. However if you're doing both and still no results...I'd say you better tell your doctor cause that seems like a medical issue. However I read in your post that you aren't consistant with your food. So I can tell you without reservation that if there isn't a medical issue and you follow Jenny and exercise you will lose the weight. However darling you have to want this more than anything. Cause it takes dedication and a drive to do this. It means resisting all the other food and sticking to the plan. So when you're ready we'll be here for you all the way! However I hope you'll be able to get ready quickly though...so your kids get a healthy Mom...one that's gonna be around for a long time! Hugs
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 MssPennyLane

MssPennyLane

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

Mofreeze,

I know how you feel, My first weigh in at the center I weighed in at 130 pounds. I actually had a lady you was upset with me when she learned that i wasn't weighing in at my goal weight yet weighing it on my first weigh inn. To others at my center I was already thin, But for me at 28 years old I had put on weight on my small 5'2 frame. I always weighed somewhere between 105-111 going up and down between a comfy six pounds my whole life. I was always athlete and never really had any issues with food or gaining weight. I realized as i got older though, and as i had little time to work out and my metabolism and food choices changed i was gaining weight. When the first ten came on, i lost it quickly almost losing two much but than a number of years went by and i was up to my highest weight. I came to jenny because my sister had lost 25 pounds and i was determined to succeed. Even though there were days i failed and days i didn't lose on the scale or days i cheated and days i gained i stuck with it and lost a cool 22 pounds putting me right at 109, which was actually a really nice weight , i didn't feel the need to lose anymore. Since april i have slowly put on about three pounds in muscle which i realize i am ok with because i now know i don't want to be having a love affair with my scale but one with my body. I notice i am leaner and tighter and everything fits better. Anyways my point in all of this is i would be no where without jenny craig and i would defiantly not be here if i gave up when the first 5 pounds didn't melt off. The truth is , there is not secret you just have to follow the plan and try and move your body and much as you can. Also, i learned not to get tripped up on the number on the scale because there were some weeks the scale didn't move but the inches on my body did. Your clothes are also a great indication if you are losing, if they are fitting loser or better than you are on the right track, regardless of a pound loss. Give this a real chance and come here often for support, sometimes it can mean the difference of a non workout or a cheat.Good luck to you, we all want you to succeed.
Posted Image

#5 harleygirl17

harleygirl17

Harley Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:41 AM

Both posts could not have said it be better.....u must want it more than anything. Everyone feels scared when they start something new...me included but we must realize what made is call JC or visit the centre. U must not be happy with so etching to have gone..Remember that when things get tough...I fully understand where u are right now...I am also n a darks ace in my life...it's tough sometimes..I feel like giving up but then realize that if I gain more weight I am going to feel worse....so I try to stay strong and when I weigh in that 1 pound I lost brightness my day...so smile girl u made the right choice..come here any time....we are here for u...

#6 Rain12

Rain12

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:06 AM

mofreeze - i completely understand where you are coming from because i am nearly the same age as you and weigh the exact same, with my goal being 125. i feel terrible about myself these days with this 20 lb. gain - my clothes fit tighter, i'm uncomfortable, my face is breaking out from all the sugar, i could go on and on. but i was so comforted by your post and i will be praying for you to have the strength (goodness knows, i need it, too!). maybe we can even encourage each other along the way! my food arrives tomorrow morning - i'm so excited to finally do something about this!

Free of Concern, a_red_dress, MssPennyLane, harleygirl17 ... thank you for lifting up mofreeze with your posts, in turn they lifted up me as well! it's so nice to know there are women who understand out there and who are willing to encourage because they understand. i wish you all the very best on your weight loss journey!! xo
Posted Image

Date Started: 9/25/13 - Weight 148
End of First Week: 10/2/13 - Weight 141.5 (-6.5)
End of Second Week: 10/9/13 -
Weight 140.0 (-1.5)

#7 Yo_Momz

Yo_Momz

~ Kyra ~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:57 AM

I too am in the same (no longer sinking) boat! I'm 5'2" and was 146 lbs at my first WI. That's just too much for such a short person! My personal goal is 115 (trying to get to what I weighed when I got married 15 years ago!)
While we are on this journey; that many of us may have tried before, we realize that whatever the amount is that someone needs to lose is their struggle and not for us to judge. If a person doesn't feel happy in their body (at whatever weight) who are we to make them feel worse? I can't understand someone who would get upset because someone else's starting weight is their goal weight.
We are all in this together!

kyrarwb_zpsa291ab85.jpg

weight.png

#8 mofreeze

mofreeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:21 AM

Wow when I logged in to track my food I wasn't expecting so many responses to my post. Each of you are wonderful! I wish there was a way to reply to each one specifically. I want to say that I was SHOCKED how well yesterday went, day 1! I wasn't "hungry" ... i was expecting to eat my arm off by 5 o'clock but surprisingly I felt comfortable. I didn't realize I could eat so many vegetables to carry me through the day. I realized that was my part of my problem. No wonder I felt hungry all day long, I never ever supplemented unlimited veggies during my day. Yesterday was so successful I woke up excited for day 2. I think i've finally found something that works. A program that fits my busy schedule and a meal plan that doesn't leave me wanting to knaw my arm off by 8 pm.

I did read "Made To Crave" about 8 months ago. I do believe God teaches us how to view his world and things inside of it the proper way and untwists our twisted view this secular world has taught us. The truth is, the world has lied. Women on the billboards do not booze it up on budlight, while eating pizza and chocolate chip cookies all day long. LOL

I think about that book often but I found myself not a fan of it because the author, Lysa, never ate sweets again. She has completely abstained from sugar. To me, that's a restriction I'm not comfortable with. I think Jenny has it right, everything and anything, in moderation. Jenny doesn't ever say "don't ever eat this again" ... that's what I didn't like about Made to Crave. But the overall message is true, I don't need to turn to food for support, I need to turn to God. I believe God gave me the courage and desire to join Jenny and I know if I do my part I will be successful. I'm just so thankful I'm not starving 24/7.

And to read posts from other women struggling with very similar situations is inspiring. I'm not a freak after all! What has happened in my life is a normal problem with a doable resolution!

Thank you everyone for your kind words!
Week 1 | -3 lbs
Week 2 | -2.4 lbs
Week 3 | -3.4 lbs

Goal 125 lbs

#9 Yo_Momz

Yo_Momz

~ Kyra ~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

It is strange when we are in a situation (whether it be food, family, job, kids) we tend to feel like we are the only ones going throught that particular thing. It's very nice (and reassuring) to find out others are dealing with and feeling the same things we are feeling. Knowing that I'm not the only one that feels like Food is the be all end all is a relief! Knowing that I can change that is Believable now!

I do still look forward to eating but I also know that I don't have to eat more than I need. ;)

kyrarwb_zpsa291ab85.jpg

weight.png

#10 kim's gettin slim

kim's gettin slim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:02 AM

All of you are wonderful. weather it's 20 or 200 lbs we are in it together!
Posted Image

#11 mofreeze

mofreeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:25 AM

happy to report i lost 4 lbs in my first week on Jenny. It was easy, I didn't feel stressed out trying to figure out how many "points" or "calories" i had left over after each meal. Jenny has really made my life easy. I didn't even workout and lost 4 lbs. It's wonderful to finally be on a program that works for me, no counting, no preparing, no planning, no calculating, no guessing, it's all there on the menu. The simplicity of the program has allowed me to see results for the first time in years. I'm actually thrilled to be on a 2nd week of this program. That's not something I've ever said before :))) I hope everyone else is seeing continued results!
Week 1 | -3 lbs
Week 2 | -2.4 lbs
Week 3 | -3.4 lbs

Goal 125 lbs

#12 laura55

laura55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

Mofreeze,
That's so great! I'm on week 20 and I am still on a high! Love love Jenny Craig! I have been on a "diet" since I got married 38 years ago. My husband recently commented that this is the first time that I have not complained because I could not eat what everyone else was eating, that I wasn't cheating on my diet, wasn't complaining of feeling deprived and feeling sorry for myself cause I had to stick to my diet. He is so right..and so impressed!
I hope you enjoy your journey to goal as much as I am enjoying mine!
Beginning Weight 5/17/2013: 208 lbs
Goal Weight: whatever I weigh in on 8/08/14 will be it!

6/06/14. 148.1
6/13/14. 147.9
6/20/14. 146.5
6/27/14. 146.2. (6 weeks to goal!)
7/11/14. 145.2. (4 weeks to goal!)
7/25/14. 144.2 (2 weeks to goal!)
8/08/14. 143.6. GOAL!

8/29/14. 139.7 Maintaining between 138.7-140.4 for the last couple of weeks..gonna try and maintain@ 139-140 lbs.
9/24/14 141.4. Lately maintaining between 140.0-142.0... Aiming for 139-140...still experimenting with the right balance of calories to stay at the lower numbers.

Isaiah 40:31

It is never too late to be who you might have been. ~George Eliot

#13 Joanie68

Joanie68

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:30 AM

I can totally relate to your post and just started today. I have just 10 pounds to lose but I have been gaining and losing this same weight for months now and it is SO FRUSTRATING. I look forward to helping motivate each other on this journey - thanks for your honest post!

#14 Joanie68

Joanie68

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:31 AM

And congratulations - I just read your post that you lost 4 pounds!!!

#15 Spicei

Spicei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

Your mind is in the right place now, and it is true everything in moderation. I love that fact about this program it gives us the tools to be able to eat the things we love just in moderation. Congratulations on your success and if you keep your mind in the place it is you will see your success in the right direction

Final goal

weight.png
[/url]

This is me at just before I started my journey in October 2012 this was taken summer of 2012

530942_2354659803672_542863697_n.jpg

This is me May 2014

1897944_4169056842464_781719737792564804

#16 robrob

robrob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

I would like to say to all you younger ladies, NOW is the time to get this weight off. If you put it off, it becomes, 20, then 40, then 100. As a 52 year old, I can say from experience, it is much easier when you are younger. You have more energy, you aren't over your head in the bad habits.
I decided at 48 to change, and finish the diet once and for all. First thing, I went to Jenny, then I got off the couch. I'd get home from work feeling exhausted, no way to be active, till I got active, now I have never felt better. I walk, ride my bike, hike with my hubby, all sorts of activites. Nothing feels better than buying the clothes that you want to wear and being proud of yourself in them.
Not to say us older chicks can't do it. You see from the folks who come here, it works for all ages, if you follow the program. I still come here for inspiration and still go to Jenny once or twice a year if I gain 5 lbs. Like I said, I'm done with the diet!
Robin

Posted Image

On maintenance since March 2010!

#17 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

Robin
Amen sister...you got that right!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 sandooch

sandooch

Gif fanatic ♥

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

Robyn, I second Sheila's "Amen." When I was younger, I thought all those "old" ladies in the 50s and beyond were just saying that it was harder to lose weight as you got older was an excuse for them to eat more. Boy, do I know different now! In my 20s and 30s, even in my early to mid 40s I could go on any low-carb diet and easily lose 3-5 pounds a week. Now that I'm almost 51, those exact same diets either don't work at all or I'd lose only 1 pound each week or so. It was so frustrating. Knowing that, I thought for certain that Jenny Craig would not work for me now like it did when I did it 14 years ago. I was wrong. Now, don't get me wrong. I still don't lose as quickly as I did on Jenny when I did it all those years ago, but it is coming off at an average of about 1.2-1.4 pounds a week. And I am grateful for that.

But all that yo-yo dieting over the last 35 years, going up and down on the scale 25, 50 and a couple times 85 pounds, plus having 2 kids, does a number to your skin, too. Being older sure doesn't help, but had I kept off the first 85 pounds I lost when I was in my mid 30s and kept up with my exercise, I doubt the skin on my belly and arms would be as loose and crepey as they are now. But I have to take responsibility for that because I put my body through all that.

So, like Robyn said to all you younger people here, lose the weight and tone up while you're young, because it seriously does get twice as hard to lose once you get into your 40s and beyond. And loose, crepey skin ain't pretty! :unsure:

3tKH.gif

jack_o_lantern13.gif Join the Spooktacular Halloween Challenge here:http://community.jen...lenge★☾★/ jack_o_lantern13.gif

PicMonkeyCollageEaster2014_zps4c7943c9.j

If you hate starting over...STOP giving up!!!

#19 rungirl71

rungirl71

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

I'm new to jenny. Tues will be my first weigh in. Hoping I do as well as you! Your posts are very motivating. I have 20 lbs to lose and I'm feeling like this was the right plan for where my life's at.

#20 Laur8403

Laur8403

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:13 AM

I am also new to Jennie. I think that because I've always been such a "healthy' eater and exerciser, I never really thought that I was overweight. I know that most people would not consider me overweight, at 5'3 and 128 pounds, but that actually does give me a good 15 pounds to lose and be in a healthy zone. I do not feel good the way that I currently look. I work out a LOT, and always have, but there's a good deal of fat over my body, which does not let the physique that I want and work hard for show through. I am also an emotional eater, which is my biggest problem. That's why I joined Jenny - I need to just STICK TO THE PLAn. I will only eat food that is on this program until this weight is off. I'm an instant gratification kind of girl, so my biggest worry is that if the weight does not melt off in 3 weeks then I will become discouraged and give up. I have to remember that my body is this way b/c of years of abuse (binge eating), and that it may take a while to lose the weight that I need to. I really hope that I can stick with it, and I will continue to come here for support.
"Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday."
- Winnie the Pooh

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: week 1, new member, weight loss, jenny craig, faith, hope, journey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users