19 replies to this topic

#1 Yo_Momz

Yo_Momz

~ Kyra ~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:44 AM

Had the Chicken Fajitas for dinner last night and I was in heaven! They are my all time favorite Mexican dish and I have to say I was NOT disappointed! I added some onions and peppers and a TBS of plain greek yogurt (instead of sour cream...can't tell the difference!) I just have to say....I think I could eat those twice a week! Delicious!

kyrarwb_zpsa291ab85.jpg

weight.png

#2 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:53 AM

they are good I ate them twice a, week for a looong time. I loaded then with fresh salsa and cilantro, lime juice, sometimes a sliver of avocado. soooo good and filling

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4", 46 years old, start date 7/18/2012 236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Yo_Momz

Yo_Momz

~ Kyra ~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:55 AM

They are very filling! I would love to have a sliver of Avocado! YUM!

Also I have to say...your pictures are very inspiring & motivating! Congrats on all your hard work!

kyrarwb_zpsa291ab85.jpg

weight.png

#4 SkinnyVirgo

SkinnyVirgo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:09 AM

These were my first favorite on JC I liked that I got to cook them on the stove and not use the mic. LOL

I am going to try the quesedilla suggestion I have been reading about too at some point :)

Vivienne

Memorial Day Challenge - 6 lbs

Week 1-4.1

Week 2-

Week 3-

Week 4-

Week 5-

weight.png

#5 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

Thank you, the avocado is a limited so i only had a sliver occasionaly but it was sooooo good. Sometimes i would smash up the sliver of avocado with salsa, and use my bruchetta chips snack for the day, and have chips and guac with my fajitas, it made it like a fancy mexican dinner.

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

I buy the sweet onions: and I put alot of em on my fajitas with lots of salsa!
This has to be one of the best dishes JC has!
I think they are better than some I've had in a mexican restaurant, especially knowing there isn't any lard involved!
No thanks to cake's website has some different recipes for them but I love them so much just they way they were intended that I haven't gotten around to trying her recipes!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Yo_Momz

Yo_Momz

~ Kyra ~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

I have seen some of the recipes for them (on pinterest) (i believe they were linked to no thanks to cake). one of them was for the quesadilla's using laughing cow cheese. sounds amazing! I could eat them again tonight! Honestly, I could eat them again right now!

kyrarwb_zpsa291ab85.jpg

weight.png

#8 kristie025

kristie025

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

I have been obsessed with making the quesadilla with the fajitas. I crisp up the tortillas first and add just onion and chicken and spices with a little cheese. They are crisp and cheesy yum! I add lots of extra onion, peppers and mushrooms to the veggies and eat them on the side. It's not the same without fresh salsa of course.

#9 Tiacha

Tiacha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:42 PM

I use hot sauce (frank's) when I cook the JC fajitas. I also add garlic and chili powder when cooking them. So goood. Best food JC has in my opinion. Don't ever take them away!

#10 BittBitt

BittBitt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:49 AM

I made this last night and LOOOOOOVED IT!!!! I added fresh cilantro, chopped tomato and a little FF sour cream. I bought two for the week so I will have this again tonight!
Brittney

Posted Image

#11 Yo_Momz

Yo_Momz

~ Kyra ~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:53 AM

I have done mine on the stove and added extra peppers and onions then when they are done I add lots of lettuce, tomatoes, green onions and plain greek yogurt (instead of sour cream...it taste just like sour cream!) I have one in the freezer so I think I'm going to try the quesadilla idea this week.
When I made the fajitas the other day, I made my plate and my DH was like wow! that is a lot of food! I'm like, I know....isn't it awesome! haha

kyrarwb_zpsa291ab85.jpg

weight.png

#12 Brend

Brend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

I hadn't thought of the quesadilla idea. Thanks for sharing that. I usually save mine and have them when my family has tacos so I don't feel left out.

#13 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

Brend go to the website:
nothankstocake.com on there she has lots of ways to reinvent JC dinners. Cause sometimes people get sick of the meals and her ideas and dishes people seem to love!
Enjoy
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 GwenJ

GwenJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

I bought one a couple weeks ago but haven't made it because I'm just not a fan of peppers. I wanted to give it a try at some point but just didn't know when. Generally not a fan of onion either but I can eat them occasionally. So tonight I ate a big salad first because I figured if I didn't like them, I'll have had my salad already at least.

Woah. Seriously, why I didn't make these earlier, I will never know. I took out the peppers and just had about half the onion and all the chicken. No cheese or any other add ons. This was delish! I squirted some I Can't Believe It's Not Butter in a skillet then added the chicken and onion. Sauteed that up and added the seasoning then tossed around. I pushed it to the side of the skillet and put the tortilla's in the skillet one at a time. It soaked up some of the seasoning and kind of made it a little crispy. Not a lot, just a little. SO GOOD! I'm going to get some salsa from Chevy's this weekend and buy more fajita's at Jenny's next week. I love their salsa because it's fresh fire roasted veggies and uses real ingredients, nothing from a can. I may even see if I can stop by JC and pick up two more of them for this week. It's a 40 minute drive there from here, that's how much I loved them!

zfEEm6.png 

Year 1 total loss: 127 lbs

Summer Slim Down

Goal: 16 lbs

Finish 6K in 50 minutes

W1: -0.4 lbs

W2: -3.8 lbs

W3:

W4:

W5:

W6:

W7:

W8:

Total: -4.2 lbs

#15 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:47 PM

I used to have two a week they are so good. I squeeze fresh lime on the chicken when it's cooking

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 GwenJ

GwenJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

Lime sounds awesome! Maybe even some cilantro too. Tons of ways to change this up.

zfEEm6.png 

Summer Slim Down

Finish 6K in 50 minutes

W3:

W4:

W5:

W6:

W7:

W8:

#17 Yo_Momz

Yo_Momz

~ Kyra ~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:18 AM

I made them into quesadillas last night & dipped them in plain Greek yogurt....so delish!

kyrarwb_zpsa291ab85.jpg

weight.png

#18 GwenJ

GwenJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

Made these again tonight and they are still my new favorite meal! I'm going to have to try the quesadilla one of these nights but I can't get over how delicious these are. And they make the apt smell amazing. My mom and cousin don't care for them. I asked how they were cooking them and they said in the microwave. NOOOOOO! Seriously, make them on the stove. Takes a max of 5 minutes and worth every second.

zfEEm6.png 

Summer Slim Down

Finish 6K in 50 minutes

W3:

W4:

W5:

W6:

W7:

W8:

#19 GwenJ

GwenJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

Here we are over a month later and I am still eating at least 3 a week. Always made the same way. But last night I made it into a quesidilla with a wedge of queso laughing cow cheese. Then some salsa on top after it was done cooking. OMG that was to die for. Tonight I added black beans. Wow. That's all I can say. The black beans, onion, and chicken fajita with salsa on top. Delish.

zfEEm6.png 

Summer Slim Down

Finish 6K in 50 minutes

W3:

W4:

W5:

W6:

W7:

W8:

#20 laura55

laura55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:18 PM

Wow Gwen, You're knocking that weight off!
Thanks for the post..I have 2 pkgs of Chicken Fajitas in the freezer I had forgotten about. I will definitely try one as a quesadilla..I usually stir fry loads of veggies (zucchini, baby carrots, bell peppers and onions) and it it to the fajitas and my plate is overflowing..What a great dinner! :)
Beginning Weight 5/17/2013: 208 lbs
Goal Weight: whatever I weigh in on 8/08/14 will be it!

6/06/14. 148.1
6/13/14. 147.9
6/20/14. 146.5
6/27/14. 146.2. (6 weeks to goal!)
7/11/14. 145.2. (4 weeks to goal!)

It is never too late to be who you might have been. ~George Eliot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users