6 replies to this topic

#1 English9

English9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:27 AM

• I need a little help. I run (okay, it's really a jog) about 3 to 4 times per week and I teach, so I rarely sit. I'm on week one and am HUNGRY all of the time. I drink water whenever I can as I hear that thirst and hunger gets confused and people eat more because they really need water. Lately, I find myself wanting a snack. I can only eat so many baby carrots!

• Any advice for me?

#2 Yo_Momz

Yo_Momz

~ Kyra ~

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:58 AM

I am new also (I'm actually on week 2) Do you have the anytime bars? They are small but make you feel full. They help me a lot. I also drink lots of water with lots of lemon!

kyrarwb_zpsa291ab85.jpg

weight.png

#3 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

what calorie level are you on, does your JCC know you run? you might have to increase your calorie level to fuel your run. When i run i'm always starving and ill eat extra depending on how much i run.

also make sure you are adding tons of vegitables, i always feel better with dense veggies like brocalli, cauliflower , brussel sprouts, i eat pounds of them . try roasted rudabega, that will fill you up and is a free veggie.

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4", 46 years old, start date 7/18/2012 236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 sweetj

sweetj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:24 AM

I run ~25miles/week and eat ~1500 calores/day. I found that 1200 calories wasn't sufficient.I still get a serious case of the "rungries" from time to time. :P Make sure that you are getting at least 75grams of protein a day - protein keeps you feeling fuller longer. You also need that protein for post-run recovery.
-Jen

Highest Weight: 225 lbs in 2009

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 English9

English9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

I'll have to tell my consultant how much I run when I go in Friday. I feel like I have eaten my weight in tomatoes, baby carrots and broccoli this week. I am allergic to peanuts, so I do not eat the anytime bars. I usually have yogurt as my mid morning snack. I feel like I need to eat every two hours in order to keep going.

#6 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:03 AM

I eat every two hours, that's good for you, and pounds of veggies. you are learning a new healthier way of eating.

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4", 46 years old, start date 7/18/2012 236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Brend

Brend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

I eat 2 weight watchers cheese sticks after I work out to replenish my protein. Delays the hunger pains until my next meal. My JCC suggested it as a replacement for the anytime bars. Sugar free popsicles and sugar free jello help too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users