5 replies to this topic

#1 Jackie-6

Jackie-6

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:40 PM

Hello fellows!

I've lost 40+ pounds and I'm near my goal, 10 pounds. I've been stuck for a few weeks now and I can't seem to get it down. Does anyone have ideas/tips/suggestions as to what I can do to lose it. It's getting really frustrating.
Any ideas, shoot them!

Thanks!

#2 sandooch

sandooch

Gif fanatic ♥

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

Hi Jackie. Congratulation on losing 40+ pounds and being only 10 pounds away from goal. I've been where you are so many times and can feel your frustration.

What has been working for me lately and can work in combination with the JC plan is drinking warm water with a good squeeze of lemon juice first thing in the morning, before eating anything. Also, I've been taking Cayenne Pepper capsules (40,000 STUs, 3 times a day) with my meals. Both of these have been said to help you lose weight by speeding up the metabolism. I've also recently switched my regular workouts for interval training, which is said to burn fat for up 48 hours after each workout. You can research all these suggestions on line. They seem to be working for me because the scale started to move a bit more for me this week than the last two.

Good luck!

3tKH.gif

jack_o_lantern13.gif Join the Spooktacular Halloween Challenge here:http://community.jen...lenge★☾★/ jack_o_lantern13.gif

PicMonkeyCollageEaster2014_zps4c7943c9.j

If you hate starting over...STOP giving up!!!

#3 Brend

Brend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

I've been where you are for 4 months now. I lost 65 lbs in 9 months and now have 6.8 to go. But my weight would go down 1 or 2 and the next week up 1-2. I was on 1500 calories and probably adding a few extras every day. I go to spin class 5 to 6 days a week and walk 3 miles on Sundays. I was really frustrated but tried to stay motivated and determined. My JCC put me back on 1200 calories and I kept a Honest journal for the week. Started a cardio/weight class 2 times a week, spin 3 times and walk 3 miles one day. It worked!!! I dropped 4.2 lbs this week. What did I learn-- I HAVE to journal! So I will now have a journal for my food for the rest of my life. It seems that's a lot easier than losing this weight again! So here's to the forum for motivation and goal right around the corner! Looking forward to seeing that post from you.

#4 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:28 PM

i wish i could help you , but i'm stuck 10 pounds from my original goal. I'm not even trying to lose the last 10, i'll go crazy if i do. I did however increase my calorie level from 1500 to about 2K so i'm maintaining now on 2K. I've been the same weight 10 lbs from goal since march , 9 months, So i consider that an official plateau. I'm stabilized on 2K, and i will hang out at this level for about 2 more months and then i plan to drop to 1200-1500 and see if it comes off. If it doesn't, i'm not gonna stress it, but i'm pretty confident its gonna come off when i cut my calories back down after eating at maintenence for so long. So thats my plan, i'll let you know how it goes if it works.

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4", 46 years old, start date 7/18/2012 236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 france exchange

france exchange

Prudie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

Wow--definitely a problem for us here. I have been within 5 lb of my goal for months. I go up and down way more than 1-2 pounds. It's like I go crazy for a day or 2 eating with abandon and then am able to reign myself in for the remainder of the week (or the following week) and get back to where I was. This up/down stuff is driving me a little batty. I know I need to get the out of control days back under my control, but not being very successful with that.
I know I am dealing with quite a bit of stress right now, but to tell you the truth--I don't know if the stress will get less --just seems like there is more to do than I feel comfortable with.
Days that I do well are the ones where I stay with tasks and get them completed rather than worrying about anything else on the list --just completing things one after the other as I can . It's the worrying about what I can't get done that is leading me to overeat and eat off plan.
I wish I had some sage advice, but just know you aren't the only one in the boat. I feel for ya! :unsure:
New goal--170

Posted Image
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Prudie

Posted Image

Back in the saddle again! Caught myself due to clothes being too tight. Thank goodness I got rid of the big clothes!
Started January 23, 2012 at 275 lb.

#6 nancy5012

nancy5012

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:35 AM

I feel your pain!! It is so hard to get those last 10 pounds off. Here is what happened to me..

I started at 215 pounds (ugh!!) with my jenny goal at 140 and a personal goal to get as close to 130 as possible. When I got to 150 I thought - wow - just 10 more. I dipped under 150 - then spent week after week in the upper 140's - losing and gaining the same few pounds. This went on for weeks, then MONTHS!! After 7 MONTHS of this I hit 145 and told my jcc that was it. I reset my jenny goal to 145 - I could not see spending so much money just to gain and lose the same few pounds.
So then I set out to be on maintenance. I was concerned because I was on the 1200 cal. plan this whole time and it was so hard to get to 145 on those calories - what would happen when I upped my calories to 1500 for maintenance?
I decided to tread carefully - doing half the week on 1500 cal. and half between 1200 - 1300. And I switched all my workouts to cardio - I had been doing two days of weights which was doing nothing for me as I was not losing inches.
A funny thing happened...I started losing. Not a lot, a half a pound there, quarter pound there, but I dipped below 145 and never went back up. Suddenly I was at 140 - my original jenny goal. And then I dipped into the 130's - where I am today - closer to my personal goal of 130.
I don't know if it was the switch to all cardio, the increase in calories, or just my body finally ready to give up the pounds. Maybe a combination of all three.
Either way - just don't give up!! Switch some things around - food, exercise, etc. And remember - it does not matter if it takes 3 months or 6 months to lose those last 10 pounds - what is important is that you are eating right and developing habits for the long term.
Best of luck to you!!
Nancy

Do or do not....there is no try Posted Image

Posted Image

My Weight Chart:
Posted Image
>

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users