14 replies to this topic

#1 MusicMom2013

MusicMom2013

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:29 AM

Hi all,

I'm on the last day of my first week on Jenny, and I have my first weigh-in tomorrow. I think I did well this week - stayed on track, drank plenty of water, excercised every day. But I'm so anxious about weighing in tomorrow! What if I didn't lose any weight? What if this turns out to be yet another failed attempt at losing this weight? What if I'm stuck with this extra baggage for the rest of my life? I know these fears are irrational, but I've tried so many times to lose weight with little or no success, I can't help but wonder if my body is conspiring against me! I'm so scared of going to my appointment tomorrow. Silly, right? Did anyone else get a case of the "what-if-this-doesn't-work-heebie-jeebies" their first week?
Posted Image

#2 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,851 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:44 AM

MusicMom
I can understand your irrational fears cause I got em too (before my first weigh-in) cause I did everything you did except I didn't exercise at all (cause I had some back and leg problems). Well guess what the scale said my first WI= (weigh in) down almost 7 pounds! So lets think about this: your cutting back on calories and eating a balanced diet of healthy foods, drinking lots of water which keeps all your organs flushed and happy and your exercising...hum now I wonder how long JC could stay in business with clients doing everything they are supposed to do but not losing any weight? Heck even I lost without the exercise! Trust that JC knows what to do cause she's been doing it for many years. You'll see and if you keep up this dedication as your body starts burning calories more efficiently you'll continue to lose. Less calories in plus burning calories with exercise has to result in pounds lost! Also please don't just look at the scale as your way to measure success cause you are also going to be losing inches which means smaller sized clothes so get ready for the new you cause it's coming, be patient and let your body adjust cause sometimes it takes a while, but it will happen, it will definately happen, and we'll all be here to cheer you on, cause that's how we roll around here! :D

***I eventually got so inspired by everybody on here I started exercising and I'm almost at goal and no more size 18-20 pants for me, I'm in 10's and 12's! If I can do this anybody can!***

One more thing: this forum and the wonderful people on here helped me so much and I honestly can say I'd have never been this successful without them, so come on the forums as often as you can cause it helps not only yourself but others as well! :wub:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 babyrn86

babyrn86

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

Sheila hit the nail on the head so relax and enjoy the ride! JC works if you work the plan, You will be amazed at the results

Janet

Restart 5/6/14                                                        

SW: 273.6 lbs 

CW: 267

Week 1: -3.2 lbs

Week 2: -0.4 lbs

Week 3: -3 lbs

July 4th Challenge: Goal - 10 lbs

Week 1: -3 lbs

#4 GwenJ

GwenJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

I have been on the program for over 4 months and I STILL get the anxiety every week. Today I feel like I just want to cry because I don't know how the WI is going to go tonight. But Sheila is right, do what you are supposed to do and you'll do great! The program works. I've have had many weeks of anxiety then went in and weighed to see I lost 3 lbs or 5 lbs. You'll do great, you'll see!

zfEEm6.png 

Year 1 total loss: 127 lbs

Halloween Challenge

Goal: 16lbs

W1: -3.4 lbs

W2: -3.4 lbs

W3: -1.4 lbs

W4: -2.6 lbs

W5: -1.8 lbs

Total -12.6 lbs

New Years Challenge

Goal: 15 lbs

#5 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:51 AM

i had all those feelings going into this program. I knew they would be the kiss of death if i let them take over, so i pushed them all out of my head for 12 weeks. I gave myself the promise that for 12 weeks i'd stay on this plan no matter what the scale said, no matter what my body decided to do or not to. The program works, allow yourself to have some faith in it.
Anyone in the world can lose weight, your body wont conspire against you. You gotta just let the program do its thing. If you are anxious about getting on the scale tomorrow, then dont get on the scale, but DO go to your appt , DO Get your food, DO stay on track and eat what you are supposed to, DO get in some exercise. Get on the scale when you feel like it. I stood on the scale backwards for 4 or 5 months, because i didnt' wanna see my weight. Dont worry about the scale, worry about having a good week, week after week until it becomes a lifestyle.

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4", 46 years old, start date 7/18/2012 236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

10/19/14  week 1 - in process

weight.png

#6 MusicMom2013

MusicMom2013

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

Thanks so much for the support and advice, ladies! It's nice to know that I'm not alone, and that the plan has worked so well for all of you. I feel much better, and am dreading tomorrow's WI slightly less now. ;) Sonya, I really like your idea of the 12-week "no matter what" commitment.

thanks again all!

MM
Posted Image

#7 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

that 12 week committment i made to myself is what made this all work for me. I told myself after 12 weeks of an honest effort, if i wasn't satisfied with the results, i could go back to being a lazy fat drunk. But seriously, after 12 weeks of a solid true effort, exactly on plan, i was blown away with the results there was no stopping me. But i did stand on the scale backwards the whole time! i never wanted to see that number on the scale. After a while, i would ask my JCC my loss for the week, but never my total weight. I went back later and got all that info after i felt better about everything.
You can do this!!! its easy when you have all the right tools , you just have to do it , thats all :)

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

weight.png

#8 GwenJ

GwenJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:19 PM

That is exactly why I took the plunge and did the full year membership. If I didn't I know it would give me an excuse to quit. But committing myself to a year, I HAD to do it.

zfEEm6.png 

Halloween Challenge

Total -12.6 lbs

New Years Challenge

#9 sandooch

sandooch

Gif fanatic ♥

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

I concur with everyone. The first week is usually the greatest weight loss, but be prepared for it to slow down from here on out especially if you don't have a lot to lose and/or are over 40. If you look at the signatures of those who post their weekly losses, you will usually see their loss are great at the beginning and then slow down to 1-2 pounds a week. Some weeks there will even be no loss or a gain, even when they stay on track, but usually it is followed by a good loss the next week.

jack_o_lantern13.gif    3tKH.gif   jack_o_lantern13.gif

PicMonkeyCollageEaster2014_zps4c7943c9.j

If you hate starting over...STOP giving up!!!

#10 MusicMom2013

MusicMom2013

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:36 AM

that 12 week committment i made to myself is what made this all work for me. I told myself after 12 weeks of an honest effort, if i wasn't satisfied with the results, i could go back to being a lazy fat drunk. But seriously, after 12 weeks of a solid true effort, exactly on plan, i was blown away with the results there was no stopping me.

Sonya, you look AMAZING. Your words and your success totally inspire me. Thank you! I am taking your advice and committing full-force for 12 weeks. Then we'll see. I think maybe the only thing that can silence that little skeptical voice in my head is DOING it, and seeing seeing results! So that's what I'll do. :)
Posted Image

#11 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:52 AM

thanks! you CAN do it, you just gotta do it. And try to not think of it in terms of a "12 week diet to lose weight" but rather a "12 weeks change in lifestyle to get healthy" make everyday count, and the weight will come off. Diets dont work, but lifestyle changes do. and 12 weeks is a great amount of time to start to change bad eating habits and develop healthier eating and a little exercise habits. After that its just about reinforcing it over and over, and eventually it is all automatic. dont even worry about the scale, that number doenst even matter in the course of it all.

weight.png

#12 MusicMom2013

MusicMom2013

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

Just got back from my weigh-in, and I'm happy to report that I lost 4.1 pounds this week! Woot! I'm very happy. It's a good start. Even if I start losing 1-2 pounds from here, I'll be very happy. Thanks again for all the support and advice, everyone!
Posted Image

#13 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,358 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

that is awesome!!! well now you know, you can do this ! Keep up the good work.

weight.png

#14 sandooch

sandooch

Gif fanatic ♥

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

Great job! Don't you feel such a relief once that weigh in is over? Good for you!!

jack_o_lantern13.gif    3tKH.gif   jack_o_lantern13.gif

PicMonkeyCollageEaster2014_zps4c7943c9.j

If you hate starting over...STOP giving up!!!

#15 GwenJ

GwenJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:35 AM

That's great! As soon as I get to the center I always run back to the scale and check my weight. I don't even wait for my JCC to get done with the apt that is before mine. The suspense kills me. lol

zfEEm6.png 

Halloween Challenge

Total -12.6 lbs

New Years Challenge