#1 zapslr

zapslr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

Hey everyone,
I just discovered flavored balsamic vinegars- when roasting things like rutabaga or cauliflower i was thinking maybe i'd use some - do i use this in ADDITION to EVOO or instead of? If in addition to- do i just add it right away, OR drizzle a few min before it's done in the oven?

Suggestions welcome & thanks ahead of time!

Shanna

~~Shanna~~

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail"
"If you always do, what you've always done --> you'll always get, what you've always gotten"

"Excuses are only rationalizations that make you feel better about yourself for not doing something you want or need to be doing"

"If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present"--Lao Tzu

"Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life"

"Everything you want is on the other side of fear"

acf95f63-516a-4f6c-9ed3-59fa57a8f972_zps

#2 france exchange

france exchange

Prudie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:35 PM

I have used it as part of a marinade before I cook the meat. I don't add EVOO because I don't have an extra fat to spare since I eat my fat with lunch salad.
New goal--170

Posted Image
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Prudie

Posted Image

Back in the saddle again! Caught myself due to clothes being too tight. Thank goodness I got rid of the big clothes!
Started January 23, 2012 at 275 lb.

#3 tylerbrandonsmom

tylerbrandonsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:06 AM

I've like to do a balsamic reduction, which you take a cup of balsamic and simmer until it reduces to at least half to make a syrup. This is delicious drizzled over cooked veggies, fish, chicken or even salads (I love mine over fresh tomatoes). I use regular balsamic but I know they sell the reductions premade in the store with flavors like fig and pomegranate so I'm sure the flavored ones would work too. It is a very strong flavor and only needs a little, leftovers can be stored in fridge for later.
Posted Image

**Cheryl**

September 2011 - Reached goal 160lb
Had baby May 2012

"If it's important to you then you will find a way, If it's not you will find an excuse."

#4 Margro

Margro

Marsha

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:51 AM

I buy 18 or 25 year old balsamic, it is thick like syrup with a wonderful flavor. Nothing else is needed, I use a teaspoon or tablespoon depending on what I am doing.

weight.png

SW 229.2

CW 227.8
GW 140

Marsha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users