#1 zapslr

zapslr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

Hey everyone,
I just discovered flavored balsamic vinegars- when roasting things like rutabaga or cauliflower i was thinking maybe i'd use some - do i use this in ADDITION to EVOO or instead of? If in addition to- do i just add it right away, OR drizzle a few min before it's done in the oven?

Suggestions welcome & thanks ahead of time!

Shanna
~~Shanna~~

Posted Image

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail"
"If you always do, what you've always done --> you'll always get, what you've always gotten"

Posted Image

#2 france exchange

france exchange

Prudie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:35 PM

I have used it as part of a marinade before I cook the meat.  I don't add EVOO because I don't have an extra fat to spare since I eat my fat with lunch salad.
New goal--170

Posted Image
            Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Prudie

Posted Image

Back in the saddle again!  Caught myself due to clothes being too tight.  Thank goodness I got rid of the big clothes!
Started January 23, 2012 at 275 lb.

#3 tylerbrandonsmom

tylerbrandonsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:06 AM

I've like to do a balsamic reduction, which you take a cup of balsamic and simmer until it reduces to at least half to make a syrup.  This is delicious drizzled over cooked veggies, fish,  chicken or even salads (I love mine over fresh tomatoes).  I use regular balsamic but I know they sell the reductions premade  in the store with flavors like fig and pomegranate so I'm sure the flavored ones would work too. It is a very strong flavor and only needs a little, leftovers can be stored in fridge for later.
Posted Image

**Cheryl**    

September 2011 - Reached goal 160lb
Had baby May 2012     

"If it's important to you then you will find a way, If it's not you will find an excuse."  

#4 Margro

Margro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:51 AM

I buy 18 or 25 year old balsamic, it is thick like syrup with a wonderful flavor. Nothing else is needed, I use a teaspoon or tablespoon depending on what I am doing.

Posted Image

SW 229
GW 140

Marsha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users