• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Never Looking Back

Never Looking Back

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 04:37 AM

Hello everyone. I am seriously consering joining JC. I am going to be 48 soon and I have always been overweight, for as long as I can remember, and now I am actually obese. I would like to lose 120 lbs. I have tried changing my ways a zillion times and have not yet gotten it right. I don't want to stop trying, since I refuse to give up on myself. I am not a person that opens up much, but here I am.

Have a great day!
Diane

#2 Margro

Margro

Marsha

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:40 AM

Welcome Diane! Jenny is a great program. I have been successful three times on it, but never took it's teaching seriously so the weight came back on when I went back to high calorie food and beverage. We have had some great successes on these boards. Feel free to look around and please post often. You will make some friends and your journey will be even more rewarding.

weight.png

SW 229.2

CW 225.8
GW 140

Wk 1 -1.4

Wk 2 -2.0
Marsha

#3 Tedsbikerbabe

Tedsbikerbabe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:42 AM

Please, come, sit, relax. Let's talk a while. When I started last May I had 159 lbs to lose. I am now down 108 lbs. This truly is the best decision I made for myself to lose weight. I was on the rollercoaster of losing weight, too. I stuck with WW for 20 years until I realized that it just wasn't the right fit for me. This is the perfect fit for me. The structure is amazing and is just what I needed to succeed. I'm now weaning off of JC food and eating mainly my own meals. It's been over a year so it's time to go to regular food. This took some time.

For right now, you join and enjoy the simplicity of the program, the support of these boards and your Jenny Craig Consultant, JCC, and move your little body and drink your water. You can't help but succeed. I truly hope you join us so we can share this journey with you!
Carmen

Posted Image

"I've been on a constant diet for the last two decades. I've lost a total of 789 pounds. By all accounts, I should be hanging from a charm bracelet." - ERMA BOMBECK.

#4 Never Looking Back

Never Looking Back

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 06:50 AM

Marsha - Good for you for coming back! Thanks for making me feel welcomed!

Carmen - Your opening made me smile. Wow, you must feel like a totally new person - congratulations!!! I wish you continued success!

#5 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

Hi diane! Welcome to JC and the forums. i'm 46 and last year around this time i made the same decision to get my weight off , i am down 90 lbs . If i could do it, you can do it. The program works, follow it exactly and you will do great!

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4", 46 years old, start date 7/18/2012 236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

10/19/14  week 1 - in process

weight.png

#6 france exchange

france exchange

Prudie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

Me too, Me too! Diane, you couldn't make a better choice. JC is so convenient! IT also teaches you about portion control so when you are ready ( like Carmen said,, a year in you;re going to want to add in some meals on your own) you'll have an idea of what your meals should look like. All of us are at that 100lb mark--so YES you can do it with JC.
The forums are great--read and post often. IT really does help.
New goal--170

Posted Image
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Prudie

Posted Image

Back in the saddle again! Caught myself due to clothes being too tight. Thank goodness I got rid of the big clothes!
Started January 23, 2012 at 275 lb.

#7 jjsodapop

jjsodapop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

Do it! You won't regret it. I am still a newbie, but I can tell you that it has been a great decision and I am so happy that I actually did it.

I have tried WW and Atkins and all that stuff. This is the first program that I have stuck to and don't feel deprived. I love it. I am also going to be 48 and, although I was never overweight when I was younger, I became hypothyroid around 30. Then, I just got older, more stressed, tired, had no time. I gained weight. Every day I would think about losing weight but never did anything about it. Every year, around Summer, I would say to myself, "Ok, by my birthday (February), I am going to lose all this weight." It never happened. I can honestly say this is the first year that I KNOW it's going to happen, because I have a real plan of attack, not just beating myself up every day.

It's so worth it. I honestly can't even believe I'm gushing so much over this, but I am so excited that I actually feel like I can do this. I want everyone that has awful about their weight to feel the way I feel now.

You can do it!
SW: 222
CW: 205
GW: 150

#8 mofreeze

mofreeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:17 AM

i joined this past wknd, i had put off joining for a year, i don't have more than 20 lbs to lose but for 1-2 years I was unable to get it off myself. Day 3 and this program is a breeze! Wish I'd joined 2 years ago! NO FUSS! I don't have to do anything but eat all day, they do all the work for me! so nice to not have to deal with the stress of figuring out what to eat, when to eat, how much to eat, did i go over my caloric limit, etc... food drama no more! simple stupid! love it! and it takes good too ;))
Week 1 | -3 lbs
Week 2 | -2.4 lbs
Week 3 | -3.4 lbs

5'4" | 36 year old mom of 2 daughters
Goal 125 lbs

Sun, Sept 22 JCC center weigh-in 145.2 lbs (at home 141.8 lbs)
Mon, Sept 23 begins day 1 of my 20 lb weight loss journey
Sat, Sept 28 - 5 day weighin | 142.2 lbs
Sat, Oct 5 - 12 day weighin 139.8 lbs
Sat, Oct 12 - 19 day weighin 136.4 lbs | -3.4 lbs
Sat, Oct 19 - 135 | -1.4 lbs
Sat, Oct 26 - 134.8 | -.2 lbs
Sat, Nov 2 - 134 | -.8 lbs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users