• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Jennygoal

Jennygoal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:09 AM

After being a dedicated Jenny fan and member for over 1.5 decades. I decided to leave and do weight watchers. I lost 3 pounds on weight watchers by eating normal food and their frozen food which is half the cost of Jenny frozen food.

The biggest reason for leaving is the menu, IT'S OLD, customers want new items and the items I like stuffed chicken sandwich, stuffed breakfast sandwich, honey oat bar all discontinued. I am done with paying $20 a month eating the same thing all the time only to find out it's discontinued. Between WW frozen food and Lean cusine compare the label they are so close in nutrition info, they work just as well and there is so much more variety. Two weeks in a row I have lost weight eating WW food. Sorry Jenny, your program is a great concept that has worked for me, but your ability to innovate new menu items prompted me to leave.

#2 sandooch

sandooch

Gif fanatic ♥

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:59 AM

WW and Lean Cusine frozen meals also have way more sodium then JC. That's great that you are doing well on WW, I just don't see why you have to come on this board and diss a program that so many of us love and are happy with. I would never even consider going on the WW board and do such a rude, uncalled for thing (and I've done WW a few times in the past and could say some negative things about that program as well).

If you don't like it or the changes, that's your opinion and perogative. But I don't like people coming here and knocking down a program I absolutely love and am doing so well on, and I'm sure many people here will agree with me. Not every program is going to suit everyone's needs. Everyone needs to find what works for them and not knock down what other people are having success with.

jack_o_lantern13.gif    3tKH.gif   jack_o_lantern13.gif

PicMonkeyCollageEaster2014_zps4c7943c9.j

If you hate starting over...STOP giving up!!!

#3 laura55

laura55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:36 AM

I am a Weight Watcher Lifetime member and have rejoined countless times to try to get to goal. I know the program inside out but it no longer works for me. I love Jenny Craig because there is no counting calories and points and so easy to follow. I am eating so much healthier because I am not wasting 15 points on a hamburger and 3 points on another piece of bread and finding I am out of points by 5:00 so I have no other options but fruit and veggies the rest of the day. That would so often lead to binge eating and cheating that I would never continue on program for long.
JC has really been a pleasant surprise and I love everything about it.
Sandy is right, everyone has to do what works for them and if you find that Weight Watchers is the program for you I wish you success! But for me, and many others, We love JC!
Beginning Weight 5/17/2013: 208 lbs
Goal Weight: whatever I weigh in on 8/08/14 will be it!

6/06/14. 148.1
6/13/14. 147.9
6/20/14. 146.5
6/27/14. 146.2. (6 weeks to goal!)
7/11/14. 145.2. (4 weeks to goal!)
7/25/14. 144.2 (2 weeks to goal!)
8/08/14. 143.6. GOAL!

8/29/14. 139.7 Maintaining between 138.7-140.4 for the last couple of weeks..gonna try and maintain@ 139-140 lbs.
9/24/14 141.4. Lately maintaining between 140.0-142.0... Aiming for 139-140...still experimenting with the right balance of calories to stay at the lower numbers.
10/24/14. 145.5. Snacking too much lately! Darn those nighttime cravings! Back on track and aim to lose these extra
couple of lbs.

Isaiah 40:31

It is never too late to be who you might have been. ~George Eliot

#4 Margro

Margro

Marsha

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

I am thrilled that you found something you like, but think it is a shame that your one and only post to the forum was this. Both programs have great things to offer and we wish you luck. Am curious, if you have been on the program for 15 years, why does your profile state you are a newbie? :unsure:

weight.png

SW 229.2

CW 225.8
GW 140

Wk 1 -1.4

Wk 2 -2.0
Marsha

#5 sandooch

sandooch

Gif fanatic ♥

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:50 AM

Exactly what I was thinking, Marsha. She only joined this board to bash the program. Jeesh!

#6 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:26 AM

just curious, why are you on JC for 1.5 decades? you are supposed to do the program, complete it, and learn to eat on your own. I can't imagine why you would eat JC food for 15 years? I got tired of the food also, but i ate what i was supposed to, did what i was supposed to and i'm weaned onto my own food now, after a year.
Best of luck on WW. everyone needs to find a program that works for them, i hope ww is the one for you and that you acheive your goals.

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4", 46 years old, start date 7/18/2012 236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

10/19/14  week 1 - in process

weight.png

#7 acloud

acloud

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

This post is to let Sandy and Sonya know how beautiful they look. I have been on JC for 4 weeks and am doing okay (3.5 lbs). It's so nice to see the photos and know that slowly but surely change comes. Congrats and thank you for the encouragement via posts.

#8 elusivebutterfly

elusivebutterfly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:33 PM

Jennygoal, I agree with you on food cost and I am losing weight just as well. I use the Jenny program but use other food. Jenny & LC are made by the same company. We each have to find what works best for us and our budget and if I didn't use WW and LC I could not afford to follow the Jenny plan. Don't get me wrong I like Jenny but I have to work within my budget and some of us just can't afford the cost. But I am losing each week and that is the goal.

#9 sandooch

sandooch

Gif fanatic ♥

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:42 PM

This post is to let Sandy and Sonya know how beautiful they look. I have been on JC for 4 weeks and am doing okay (3.5 lbs). It's so nice to see the photos and know that slowly but surely change comes. Congrats and thank you for the encouragement via posts.

That was very sweet of you to say, acloud. Thank you. All my best to you on your weight-loss journey. Posted Image

#10 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:32 PM

Stuffed Chicken Sandwich isn't dc'd yet...I just bought some on Monday!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 shushu1961

shushu1961

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:49 PM

Jennygoal, I agree with you on food cost and I am losing weight just as well. I use the Jenny program but use other food. Jenny & LC are made by the same company. We each have to find what works best for us and our budget and if I didn't use WW and LC I could not afford to follow the Jenny plan. Don't get me wrong I like Jenny but I have to work within my budget and some of us just can't afford the cost. But I am losing each week and that is the goal.

Can you please give me some examples of how you incorporate other foods into the plan. I am going to have to start doing that myself. Did your consultant help you figure out a plan?

#12 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

thank you , acloud. JC works when you do the program the way it is intended, thats all i did was follow the instructions. its easy, anyone can do it.

shushu, your JCC will go over everythign with you when the time comes for you to add in your own meals. its best to do it under your JCC's direct guidence, thats what we pay them to do for us.

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

weight.png

#13 kaiserme

kaiserme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:22 AM

Okay, Jennygoal, you posted ONCE. You joined at 11:04 one day and posted at 11:09. Really?
Just wondering if you were really a member. Not to dis you if you really are, but find it hard to believe that you were a member sooooooooo long and never posted before? What a shame that you never joined the boards before for the wonderful support we give each other here, or if you really are not/were not a member that you have to use the boards to dis JC.

Whatever your journey, I wish you luck and if you really are not a member....well, hope you find what you need to help yourself.
Shelly
Started 12/28/2012 214 lbs.

Re-Starting using MOMO 1/2/13 I am still 37 lbs. ahead, however, my lowest this past Summer was 158, so I am up 19 lbs. from that. I can't keep looking at my old stats, it has to be new. I will be 58 in February. I weighed 196 last year at that time...can't go there!

1/1/13 Wed. 177 lbs.
1/8/13 Wed. 175.6 lbs.

Anniversary July '13 Frankfort MI My Kaiser - Spring 2013
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImageThis isn't even my heaviest- Summer '11 I think. Not goin' back there!!

#14 Danaluv52

Danaluv52

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

To quote Margro " Am curious, if you have been on the program for 15 years, why does your profile state you are a newbie? "
I have been on the program and off the program for over 10 years. I am new to this online forum and am posting here today for the first time. When I filled out the profile the system assigned me "newbie" status automatically. I have read your responses to this post and feel like this is an immature forum for members to bash one another for their comments. Are we back in middle school ladies?
I am very happy with the JC program, which has worked for me and i will continue to follow it because i am a believer that you do what works for you. I actually signed up here because I had a complaint about quality control for some foods that I have gotten lately and my counselor suggested I look here to voice my disappointment. I will not be using this forum again. Good luck with your petty comments in the future!

#15 GwenJ

GwenJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:16 AM

Dana- I assure you that you won't find petty comments on this forum. It's just a tad annoying when someone signs up for the forum for the sole purpose of bashing the program. The program works. Sure foods get old, but that's true of all weight loss products. My husband has been eating a mix between LC and WW meals every day to lose weight and he lost interest after 6 weeks because they were getting old. Why complain that they are not coming out with new products then complain that they are discontinuing existing ones and bringing in new ones? Can't have it both ways.

zfEEm6.png 

Year 1 total loss: 127 lbs

Halloween Challenge

Goal: 16lbs

W1: -3.4 lbs

W2: -3.4 lbs

W3: -1.4 lbs

W4: -2.6 lbs

W5: -1.8 lbs

W6: -4.4 lbs

Total -17.0 lbs

New Years Challenge

Goal: 15 lbs

#16 sandooch

sandooch

Gif fanatic ♥

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:16 AM

To quote Margro " Am curious, if you have been on the program for 15 years, why does your profile state you are a newbie? "
I have been on the program and off the program for over 10 years. I am new to this online forum and am posting here today for the first time. When I filled out the profile the system assigned me "newbie" status automatically. I have read your responses to this post and feel like this is an immature forum for members to bash one another for their comments. Are we back in middle school ladies?
I am very happy with the JC program, which has worked for me and i will continue to follow it because i am a believer that you do what works for you. I actually signed up here because I had a complaint about quality control for some foods that I have gotten lately and my counselor suggested I look here to voice my disappointment. I will not be using this forum again. Good luck with your petty comments in the future!

Exactly where was the bashing? You obviously haven't been on many forum boards if you think that what was said here was bashing. Calling someone rude, which I felt she was being, is not bashing...it's stating a fact. I thought I held my tongue rather well for someone who obviously joined this forum to put down our program. Notice that that was her one and only post! I never called her any names as a middle school child would. I also have the right to voice my opinion (and did so in the nicest way I possibly could with this spammer) about a program I love. Like I told her in my first post, it would be rude of me to go onto her WW forum and put down their program.

Sorry if this one thread it what breaks the deal with you wanting to keep posting here. It is a great forum and you'd be missing out on a great motivational tool to go along with your program. But I stand by what I said and will always defend JC, even if I don't lose weight weekly, they take away foods I love or are more expensive than other programs. I love it, it works for me and I don't expect this or any program to be perfect in every way.

#17 oommma

oommma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:37 AM

I came to this forum because I too am a dissatisfied customer and wanted to see what others had to say. I've done JC on and off for several years. This time around I am staying away from the foods that I can barely tolerate (mostly the non-frozen lunches and dinners). Of course that means my menu is quite limited and more expensive than if I mixed in the lower cost non-frozen items. Some of my old favorites are no longer favorites because of the changes. The sunshine sandwich is spongy and bland w/o the salsa. Turkey burger...blah without bbq sauce. Anyway I too miss the stuffed sandwiches and honey oat bar. More than anything though I am appalled at the "Advanced Members" that responded so negatively to the original poster. It would seem that anyone that's paid for the program and food has a right to express their opinion without being berated or questioned at to motives. Don't know whether my profile will show me as a "Newbie" or not. Can't remember if I've posted in the past or not. But my bank account says I've been paying JC on and off since 2008.

#18 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:40 PM

oommma , the OP was a troll, we get them on here occasionally, sometimes the mods will remove them but this one didn't get removed.

weight.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users