• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 PrettyZebras

PrettyZebras

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

Hi there I just joined JC and I have a question for those of you who have reached your goal or half way mark. I want to know which is the best exercise so one wont end up with sagging skin after weight loss. Ive started doing Zumba even tho I cant dance I am planning on going 5 days a week for an hour each day as Ive been told it burns a lot of fat, is this a good exercise so I wont end up with sagging skin? What worked for you? Should I do something else so this doesn't happen? Any suggestions will be great thanks :)

#2 FaizaYagi

FaizaYagi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:12 AM

I think everyone needs a good mix of cardio (jumbo) which is gonna help with your weight loss and then strength training and toning exercises to help mold your muscles. I don't think there's any one thing though that will save us 100% completely from sagging skin especially if there is a lot of weight to lose. C25K was really great and I did the Just Dance for wii. Then I downloaded the abs and arms programs on my smartphone which just uses my own body weight as resistance.

Total Loss 85.2 Prior to pregnancy in 2013

My Weight Loss/Life Journey Blog: http://jessicafaiza.blogspot.com

Start weight Sept. 2012: 271.4 lbs

Weight prior to pregnancy 2014: 187.2

Jessica "Faiza" Yagi

1157666_10101584879974698_870074806_n.jp

1504087_10101458953926508_1656941785_n.j

#3 dijarm

dijarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:15 AM

The best exercise is the one you like and enjoy doing. If you start something that you hate doing you won't find the success your looking for. So don't plan on trying just one thing try several exercises until you find the one that clicks for you. As long as you keep moving those body parts things will tone up, but as said before, it depends how much you have to lose.

Started March 10, 2011
height-5'7
sw-195
1st goal-170
2nd goal-150 Aug. 2011 and still lost more!
maintenance weight-145

3 YEARS OF MAINTENANCE!! WHOOHOO!

http://i1090.photobu...an/Untitled.jpg[/img]P1020021.jpg

#4 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:41 AM

Sagging skin just takes time to shrink back up, there is no exercise to firm up or shrink our skin. Genetics also plays a huge role in the elasticity of your skin and how fast and how much it shrinks back, so does age. Do cardio to help burn fat, eat right , eating right is the most important factor of weight loss. And toning the muscles under your skin can help with appearance. But as far as skin shrinking back up, you just gotta give it time. Eat healthy, get in some cardio a little strength training and you'll do fine.

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4", 46 years old, start date 7/18/2012 236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 PrettyZebras

PrettyZebras

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:58 PM

Great thank you all for the replies the advice really does help me! :D

#6 sillygirl77

sillygirl77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:34 AM

This is something I've been wondering about too. Thanks to the OP for asking the question and to everyone for the helpful responses!
Sillygirl aka Heather :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 sandooch

sandooch

Gif fanatic ♥

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:25 AM

Yes, any exercise you love and will stick to will help with loose skin, as will losing weight slowly like we do on Jenny Craig and drinking tons of water.

I have found that a lot of people have had awesome success with doing the T-Tapp exercise dvds along with dry brushing their skin to help with sagging/crepey skin from losing a lot of weight and just plain getting older. The lady below is a T-tapper who lost a lot of weight and did dry brushing to tighten up her loose skin. Yes, it took her a total of 4 years to go from her before to her after, but who cares? Look at this amazing before and after, and she did it without expensive surgery or laser treatments. You can read all about her story on the T-tapp website (her name is Michelle P. and you can find her story on the main page. Just scroll down to where it says Testimonial Tuesdays on the bottom right of that main page and look for her name on that list). There are also a ton more success stories on this site, along with free "Try before you buy" exercises to check out (again, they are on the main page on the top left).

Posted Image
Before (2007) and After (2009)
Posted Image
From 2009 to 2011

3tKH.gif

jack_o_lantern13.gif Join the Spooktacular Halloween Challenge here:http://community.jen...lenge★☾★/ jack_o_lantern13.gif

PicMonkeyCollageEaster2014_zps4c7943c9.j

If you hate starting over...STOP giving up!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users