31 replies to this topic

#1 Margro

Margro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:16 AM

I have thinking about getting one of the monitoring devices, but it seems as though this forum is not all that active anymore.

Are people still using them or do they become a pain after a bit?

If you like them and are actively using them, which one do you like the best and why?

Is it worth it?

Thanks,

Posted Image

SW 229
GW 140

Marsha

#2 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:48 AM

i have the body media, love it!    it was awesome in the beginning, with it i learned about my metabolism, about calorie burn, how my activity affects my body and weight loss.    I probably would not have lost weight without it.   the one i have counts steps, so i could set goals for myself.  It also gives me a total calorie burn, so i could set calorie burn goals, and calorie deficit goals.   I totally recommend it if you will use it and read the data every day and learn from it and use what you learn to help you through your journey.    I've been wearing mine every day for a year.

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4",  46 years old, start date 7/18/2012   236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Anita K. Collier

Anita K. Collier

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

I have the fitbit flex and I love it!  I also have the bodymedia system but didn't enjoy wearing it during the summer, as the armband is too noticeable and gets hot -- so I decided to try the fitbit flex.  Fitbit flex is $99 and worth every penny!  You can add friends to your profile and track the average number of steps you each take.  We have a contest here at work and it is amazing what you will do (if you are competitive) to not let them beat you, and if they do---not by much!  Also, it is waterproof - so at the pool, it counts those steps.  So comfortable and I've certainly got my money out of this device!  Can't say that about the others-- they are collecting dust in my closet.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/ww8M12u/]
Posted Image

#4 speedquilt

speedquilt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

I have the body media armband and LOVE it!  I've been wearing it for a year, I don't wear sleeveless shirts so it doesn't bother me to wear it on my arm.  Although I've started walking and jogging my main exercise is biking so the body media picked up my calorie burn so much better than the fit bit did counting steps.  I'm addicted to the data and it has helped me figure out when I need to up my exercise because my burn has slowed down as my body gets more efficient.  It also points out when I don't get enough sleep so I can work on that since lack of sleep  hurts weight loss efforts.  If you use my fitness pal, I would suggest you buy it somewhere beside JC since you can't link body media with my fitness pal with a JC armband.
Shirlie

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Margro

Margro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:54 AM

Thank you everyone for your responses. I am leaning toward the armband at the moment, was a little worried because we have this thing called humidity in Atlanta, but really with all of the rain it has not been bad. I keep waiting for it, but it never really arrives. If the rain dries up I will have about a month of it. I am also not big into short sleeves at my weight.

Will decide by next week.

Posted Image

SW 229
GW 140

Marsha

#6 Luzi

Luzi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:19 AM

Awesome job ladies. I just started today. :) I have 30lbs to loose.

#7 arlyons

arlyons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:02 AM

I wonder if Jenny Craig will come up with some sort of metabolic monitor in the near future?

#8 Margro

Margro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

Ok, I am holding off for a little bit. Apparently Bodymedia is coming out with a new band in September. It is small like the Core, but has the Bluetooth link, so I think I will wait for that one. I like the link feature and the smallness of the Core.

Posted Image

SW 229
GW 140

Marsha

#9 Tiffany Simpson

Tiffany Simpson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

Margro-

Thanks for posting this, i was also considering getting an armband. But if you say they are coming out with a new one then i will hold off, my consultant has said as well all the benefits of this armband.

Thanks

#10 Margro

Margro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:28 PM

During my consultation today, they also confirmed that Bodymedia is coming out with a new one. I just want to see what it will be like before plunking down my money. I don't want to have buyers remorse :angry: Remember if you buy it through Jenny there are some restrictions if you want to use other sights to upload your information to such as MFP. I haven't been able to get into using MFP yet, so I haven't decided where I will get one.

Posted Image

SW 229
GW 140

Marsha

#11 Marie!

Marie!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:44 AM

I have had several different trackers.  First, I had a fitbit one.  Then, I thought I wanted the bodymedia one.  It was good and I liked it.  My only complaints were the irritation I got from it against my skin and how it died when I forgot I had it on and went into my hot tub.  I now have a fitbit flex and LOVE it!  Love their "dashboard" on my computer and it syncs with my iPhone also via bluetooth!  Last night I got fitbit aria so now my scale at home syncs also.  Too much I love about it!  This is the best one for me yet!
Marie!
4/27/13 Finally back in the swing of things!  Down 1.8 pounds for a total of 25.2 pounds!

#12 gennybunny96

gennybunny96

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:06 PM

I love my FitBit one!!! I lost mine first one back in April, I emailed customer service to see what kind of deal they could give me on getting a new one and they shipped me a new FitBit one no charge!! Awesome product!!
Genevieve

Starting weight: 241.8 Current weight: 235 Goal: 155

#13 Margro

Margro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

Thanks for the info Marie and Genevieve, I will look at those more closely.

Posted Image

SW 229
GW 140

Marsha

#14 Heatherc130

Heatherc130

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

I am firing up my old BMF now as I just started back today. Thanks for the info on the new band coming out. I was tempted to get the new Link one as it's 20% off right now, but would prefer the smaller profile one, so I'll wait.

I assume by MFP you mean My Fitness Pal. I didn't know that it was an option. Good to know. I think I'll be sure to buy it separately from JC as I want full functionality of the device.

Thanks again for the info!

Heather

Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 amitojean

amitojean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:34 AM

I have the band, but I think I got a lemon. I'm really motivated by stats, so if it worked, it would be great for me. BodyMedia customer service has been responsive, but it's still not working. I went for an hour and 1/2 walk this morning (that I know from other devices is approx. 7K steps) and my band says I did the hour and 1/2 activity, but only walked just under 700 steps. I hate that it's so off and it makes me question the calorie burn stats.

#16 CJforMe

CJforMe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:07 PM

I looked at BodyMedia's website, and I saw the core and the link... is the link the new one? Or is there another new one coming?
  Week 11 (10/07/13): -0.5 lbs  (-12.9 total)
  Week 10 (10/01/13):  No weigh in

BMI = 35.8 as of Week 9 (down 2 points!!)
  Week 9   (09/24/13): -1.4 lbs  (-12.4 lbs total)
  Week 8   (09/17/13): -0.0 lbs  (-11.0 lbs total)
  Week 7   (09/10/13): -0.8 lbs  (-11.0 lbs total)
  Week 6   (09/03/13): -1.6 lbs  (-10.2 lbs total)

Down 8 inches as of Week 5!!!
  Week 5   (08/27/13): -1.2 lbs  (-8.6 lbs total)
  Week 4   (08/20/13): -2.2 lbs  (-7.4 lbs total)
  Week 3   (08/13/13): -0.2 lbs  (-5.2 lbs total)
  Week 2   (08/06/13): -3.2 lbs  (-5 lbs total)

11/14/13: -.8 lbs (-14.8 total)    BMI = 37.8 at Starting Weight
11/05/13: -14 total Week 1   (07/30/13): -1.8 lbs  (-1.8 lbs total)

SW: 227.4 - 07/30/13 Goals met:  215 (09/24/13)
CW: 212.6  
GW: 165.0
Current goal:   210
Half-way goal: 195

#17 Brend

Brend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

I heard there's a new one coming too ( the links been out) but thought it was September. Haven't seen anything on it.

#18 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

the link is bluetooth i think, the core you have to plug in. someone told me they are coming out wiht a water proof one?

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4",  46 years old, start date 7/18/2012   236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 Margro

Margro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

So all the buzz about the new band has died down. It was easy to find before and yes Sonya it was supposed to be water proof. I wonder if there was too much competition with some of the other devices? It seems as they (BodyMedia) have gone back to basics on their website.

Posted Image

SW 229
GW 140

Marsha

#20 Donna Martucci

Donna Martucci

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:30 PM

The Body Media is the one that they used on The Biggest Loser? If so, then I have that one. The only reason I do not use it is because the band, I use the biggest one it comes with, rolls up in my arm. It is very uncomfortable to wear.

I would love to get a smaller one and a water proof one would be perfect for me because every Tuesday night I play water volley ball at my gym. I would love to know how many colories I burn.
Donna Martucci

week 1            326.2
week 2            320.0
week 3            320.2
week 4            Skipped weighed in
week 5            322.2
Week 6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users