17 replies to this topic

#1 AMars

AMars

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

Is anybody having any luck with building the personal menus, or with the goofy dashboard thingy? I tried to input my weight data from when I started, since it was all lost, and it won't let me. It started me on the current day and now I can't delete it and start over. And I can't find any instruction on the Tools page either.

I went to the Web Master's forum and, mysteriously, there have been no posts since last month to the Web Master. HMMMM. Very suspicious, considering almost nothing on the website is working properly, don't you think?
Anna

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image
Close Enough at 157 pounds.

Start Date: 4/1/13
Goal Weight: 150
Week 1: -4 Week 10 -4 Week 19 -0.8 Week 28 -2.3
Week 2: -2 Week 11 -2 Week 20 -3.2 Week 29 -0.6
Week 3: -3 Week 12 -1 Week 21 -0.6 Week 30 -1.6
Week 4: -2.5 Week 13 -2 Week 22 -2.0 Week 31 +0.4
Week 5: -2.5 Week 14 +0.4 Week 23 -0.6 Week 32 -2.2
Week 6: -1 Week 15 -1.8 Week 24 -2.2 Week 33 -0.8
Week 7: -4 Week 16 -3.3Week 25 -0 Week 44 Lost Track but down 60 Pounds!!!
Week 8: -2 Week 17 +0.5 Week 26 -1.2 Week 45 0
Week 9: +1 :-( Week 18 -1.6 Week 27 -0.8 Week 46 -2.6

#2 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

i am dissapointed wtih the JC personal dashboard, i dont know why we have to put in our own weight and data and goals... it should all be integrated with our data from our JC visits. Our meals we buy, planned menus, calorie level..we should have access to all of that. I dont understand the purpose of the JC dashboard.

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4", 46 years old, start date 7/18/2012 236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 stargazerFWB

stargazerFWB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

It's not that user friendly. I had to plan my meals and then go back and track my food. Once I put in a planned menu it was there for eternity and would not let me delete it. I guess I'll figure it out eventually.

#4 3meows

3meows

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

I am not happy with it -- but as another user said, at least the boards are back!!!!! Nice to see everyone back on these boards!!!!

#5 susietrying

susietrying

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:30 AM

Very unfriendly. Cannot plan my menu, couldn't get my shopping list for this week, wouldn't let me change the calendar dates to match my week. Difficult to pick meal options because you have to scroll through the list every time you wanted to choose. I tried the tutorial, but it never came up. It just searched with no results.

#6 Colleen_2013

Colleen_2013

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:11 AM

I found that if you click on the date, like July 20th, a popup will come up that says "Clear this day". It will delete the food plan for that whole day, so you can start over. I'm not sure you can do one week at a time, but if you need to clear full days, that's how you can do it.
Posted Image
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

#7 JC Moderator

JC Moderator

The Mod

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:29 AM

Hello Forum Fans,

Thank you for your input on our new eTools. It is appreciated and all feedback will be sent to our web team for review.

-Jenny Forum Moderator

#8 JillASinger

JillASinger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:52 PM

I agree. If the webmaster was going to update the sight, it would be nice if the users were told certain parts of the site would not be available.

It's not like parts of the site have been down for a day or two. This is like 2 weeks now! I'm very frustrated. How are we supposed to stay on the program if we cannot use the tools?

Come on Jenny, please make it happen!

#9 france exchange

france exchange

Prudie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:12 PM

Gave up on the menu planner too. I am going fullJC this week and wanted to plan before purchasing food. I waited what seemed like forever to see the food on the menu once I had clicked on the menu item. The drop down list was much easier -- no scrolling or going to another page because pics take up so much space.
New goal--170

Posted Image
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Prudie

Posted Image

Back in the saddle again! Caught myself due to clothes being too tight. Thank goodness I got rid of the big clothes!
Started January 23, 2012 at 275 lb.

#10 wendy...68

wendy...68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

I realloy don't use the tools other than the forums, so no help there with the dashboard, however I understand the frustration. Hopefully the new changes they make will make it more user friendly. I sooo missed the boards while they were down, so glad they're back up.

#11 DTrentRN

DTrentRN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

I can only assume they fixed whatever the problem was before I came back this week because I was able to watch a tutorial and have found that I can track without planning ahead. I have found it pretty easy to use and their data base is actually better than I thought it would be. I hadn't even seen this post so I wasn't aware there had been any problems. I confess I never used the menu planners before and wished that JC had a tracking tool.

#12 MissEmilyS

MissEmilyS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

Tried using it, found it way too confusing. Gave up.

-EMILY

Check out my Blog! http://emilystobs.blogspot.com/

weight.png

.::Overall Weight loss::.
weight.png
SW: 229
CW:182.3
1st GW: 199 (Accomplished)
2nd GW: 167
3rd GW: 140 <3333

#13 Cindcee

Cindcee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:58 AM

Anyone know where the PDFs of the menus went? I like to keep them on my refrigerator to write on and look at. I had gotten a blank one at my meeting, but with a busy weekend, mis-placed it! :(

#14 KarenHinNC

KarenHinNC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:18 AM

I think I'm mastering this new menu thing. But it's a long, slow process. So let me tell you what I've done:

My week starts on the day I visit my center (Tuesday). But to do a 7-day plan, carried it over to the next week and therefore, when I printed my menu, it was double sided (Big PITA). The plan I had previously input was to end on 7/30. So, I went back in and deleted everything I had in there. To those who wondered how to delete a plan; open your plan, click on the meal you want to delete. A meal details box opens. There you will see 'X' next to the item you want to delete. You have to do that for everything you want to remove. Once I had everything deleted, I could start over using Sunday, 7/28 as my start date and next Tuesday, 8/6 as my end date. Using what foods I still had on hand for Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, then adding the foods I want to purchase for Wed/Tues. So far, it's working out.

I don't like the way the menu and the shopping list prints. It is such small print, I almost need a magnifying glass to read it. I don't use the JC shopping list. I just use a MS Word doc to list my choices along with my grocery store supplemental shopping list. But previously entered menues are still there by clicking on the calendar at the top of the menu.

I wanted to log in my overall weight loss on the chart so I moved the calendar back to my start date of 12/18/12 to enter my start weight and results of my weekly weigh-in. But, the only weight showing is my most recent entry so it doesn't show a graph of where I started to where I am now. I know how I'm doing but I want to SEE it on my dashboard.

And let's not even talk about the measurments feature. I still haven't figured that one out yet. All I see is one orange dot in a spot on a meaningless graph. And what's with the little slide bars on top of the graph? What do they do? Nothing as far as I can see. What about the 'show all' button? It doesn't show anything. Why is it there? Will it be activated at some point in time? Actually, the only 'show all' that seems to work is the food tracker....but only if I've actually entered my food in the tracker.

Another thing I have a problem with is the grocery food choices. Some calorie counts are wrong on products I use everyday. Yoplait Light FF Yogurt, all flavors is now 90 calories whereas JC food charts still show 100. Not a lot of difference but it adds up. Most of the salad dressings I buy are not even there (Newman's Own, Ken's Light Options & Ken's FF) and no way to add a product. The activity log is not that user friendly either.

Everything seems to be a great improvement at first glance, but it needs a lot of tweaking before it is totally user friendly.

OK, I'm done with my rant. I have to go off and get my own weight loss ticker!
Posted Image

Start Date: 12/18/12
Start Weight: 246.4
Goal Weight: 150
Current Weight: 214 (8/6/13)

#15 Race1833

Race1833

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:47 AM

I have to say I hate the new format. I had to start all over, and lost all my previous numbers. Unless I'm just doing it wrong.
Karen
Age 45, Ht 5'6"
Start Day 07-05-06
Rejoin Date -5-06-13
SW 236.8
Wk 1 -7.0
Wk 2 -1.6
Wk 3 -1.4
Wk 4 - 2.0
Wk 5 - 1.6
Wk 6 - 1.0
CW 222.2
GW 145.0
I CAN DO THIS!!

#16 Diane2B

Diane2B

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:27 PM

I am also not a fan of the tools. They were difficult to use and didn't work well. Having been forced to use this at home and online stuff since my center closed, IF I WANT TO CONTINUE with Jenny is not setting well with me. My first food order was wrong and my new consultant thought she MIGHT be able to credit me for the wrong items -- I told her not to bother. I joined Jenny because of the excellent customer service. That is all gone and I'm wondering if it is worth my while to stay. Weightloss is challenging enough without the extra stress of tools that are unfriendly or don't work and consultants that read a script to you over the phone. Wow -- what a way to lose customers...

#17 DTrentRN

DTrentRN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

Yeah, I have to say my initial enthusiasm has waned. I have gone back to tracking on another website that is much more user friendly. I have been back and forth with WW too many times to count and yes, I do so while following JC, which is more for the food, the JCC ( she's terrific ), and come to the website more for the community. I don't like the format for the new journal entry, either. I guess I was just trying to feel positive about new changes. :unsure:

#18 laura55

laura55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 01:55 PM

I just track the old school way--- write everything on my Personalized Menu Planner...pencil things in , erase if I have to make a change, write in exercise and track weight loss..no headaches!
Beginning Weight 5/17/2013: 208 lbs
Goal Weight: whatever I weigh in on 8/08/14 will be it!

6/06/14. 148.1
6/13/14. 147.9
6/20/14. 146.5
6/27/14. 146.2. (6 weeks to goal!)
7/11/14. 145.2. (4 weeks to goal!)
7/25/14. 144.2 (2 weeks to goal!)
8/08/14. 143.6. GOAL!

8/29/14. 139.7 Maintaining between 138.7-140.4 for the last couple of weeks..gonna try and maintain@ 139-140 lbs.

Isaiah 40:31

It is never too late to be who you might have been. ~George Eliot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users