• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Mjddon

Mjddon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:32 AM

I started at a center on July 8 and received a menu that was preplanned, standard. I could not get online until today. Tried to use menu planner and it brought up a menu but NOT the one I was given. So I went into each item and changed it to what I had been given. BUT it is so inflexible. I did not want the soup (don't like it and it counts as 2 free limited). But there is no way to simply delete a food. Also the menu I was given has a snack or dessert every evening whereas the online menu has a fruit some of the time. It does not allow you to "change" a fruit to a snack. I ate a snack bar instead of an anytime bar by mistake the first day, but again there is no way to enter a JC product as an extra food. And to top it off, after I went and changed three days worth of foods and saved it, when I went to the main page which has the day's menu, guess what, it was the original menu, not mine, even though when I go into the full menu my changes are there. I give up, this website is not worth using. And additionally I find there is no IPAD app and the website does not work correctly on the ipad. I love doing my tracking online and I did with weight watchers, but alas Jenny is WAY behind in that area. I do like the food, but still.....

#2 GwenJ

GwenJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:16 AM

You are right, they are so behind in the times. I started off using it but was so annoyed with the lack of flexibility that I started using My Fitness Pal to track. It is so easy to use and if you use it on your phone or iPad, you can just scan the barcodes on everything you eat. So simple.

zfEEm6.png 

Year 1 total loss: 127 lbs

Halloween Challenge

Goal: 16lbs

W1: -3.4 lbs

W2: -3.4 lbs

W3: -1.4 lbs

W4: -2.6 lbs

W5: -1.8 lbs

Total -12.6 lbs

New Years Challenge

Goal: 15 lbs

#3 gennybunny96

gennybunny96

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:48 AM

I agree as well. I use MyFitnessPal to log my food and just come online to add my weight and chat with all these amazing people
Genevieve

Starting weight: 241.8 Current weight: 220 Goal: 155
4th of July challenge:
8.6lbs down
Summer slim down challenge:
2.4lbs gained

#4 KerryH

KerryH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:17 AM

I have been using the Jenny Craig meal planner and printing it out for using when I am not on the internet. The new "dashboard" and etools print out at a much smaller size. My consultant's manager said I needed to call Jenny Craig for an answer. I wish I would not have renewed my membership.

Kerry Howard

#5 FaizaYagi

FaizaYagi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

Sorry that the smaller print and lack of JC help is enough to make you wish you hadn't renewed. But maybe you could copy and the put the menu into a word document and make the font bigger. Or make a spreadsheet of your own. Where there's a will, there's a way. I've never used the etools so maybe I don't know what I'm missing.

Total Loss 85.2 Prior to pregnancy in 2013

My Weight Loss/Life Journey Blog: http://jessicafaiza.blogspot.com

Start weight Sept. 2012: 271.4 lbs

Weight prior to pregnancy 2014: 187.2

Jessica "Faiza" Yagi

1157666_10101584879974698_870074806_n.jp

1504087_10101458953926508_1656941785_n.j

#6 Big Shoulders

Big Shoulders

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:50 AM

I have worked for years on websites and online forms for Fortune 100 companies, as an information architect and content strategist, and I mention this because I want to make it clear that I'm not just complaining about the new menu planner, I'm going to tell you exactly what's wrong with it. And I won't even charge you for this service!

The previous menu planner, BTW, worked just fine. It was scaleable, it enabled flexible start dates, and it printed out in black and white. These are key usability features which I did not fully appreciate until I found them completely lacking in the new planner:
  • You can specify a start date, but the default start date forces the week to start on Sunday. I always see my JC counselor on a Tuesday, and my menu planner used to fit on one page. The first day was Tuesday, and I could scale the entire menu at about 90% of full size and print the whole thing on a single page. The new planner prints on two pages, and it shows Sunday and Monday as blanks. Page 2 shows Sunday and Monday's meals (my Days Six and Seven) and then five blanks. This not only wastes paper, but (worse) makes it impossible to see the whole thing on one page. Scaling it down to get it on one page makes it impossible to read.
  • When printed at full size, the type is tiny, and worse yet, there is no way to specify that you want to print in black and white. So, printed on my laser printer, the menu has very light type. When I printed it out on my color printer, the light blue was very hard to read.
  • I tried taking screen shots of the menu and then importing them into an InDesign document, but it still did not scale very well. It's a poorly designed static grid, with column widths and row heights that do not vary. The result: tiny type again. More importantly, who has time for this? And how many people have InDesign?
  • Trying to generate my second menu this morning, I discovered I couldn't clear the previous week's check marks on the calendar.
  • Then, when I went ahead anyway and selected my breakfasts, clicking "continue" led to nothing. No way to get to lunches or anything else. I finally gave up and made my own list in Word. However, if I want to put it into the previous planner's format, I can create a Word table, but why should I have to do that? It would be missing all the supplemental foods that are included as part of each meal.
In short, the menu planner is a complete bust. This is especially frustrating because you did get it right on the previous iteration.

Please fix this as soon as possible!

#7 TampaJane2

TampaJane2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:51 AM

I'm having great difficulty with it as well. I log on, work through the menu planning, and then press the place where it says create menu. The result? Only a few days show up, and the ones that do are showing a dessert for dinner, but also another dessert as a snack. Lunch is sometimes a dinner- in other words- screwed up.
I have gone through the planning multiple times and the results are always terrible. It doesn't save correctly- and won't edit.
I tried emailing it to myself and it also strangely copied it to some random yahoo address. Creepy.
Come on guys- this is a big company, please get this right. I'm depending on this site since they closed the JC center in my area.

#8 GwenJ

GwenJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:15 AM

I started using an excel document to track food instead of the e-tools. Now it's just MFP but there is an easy way to set up an excel document too.

zfEEm6.png 

Year 1 total loss: 127 lbs

Halloween Challenge

Goal: 16lbs

W1: -3.4 lbs

W2: -3.4 lbs

W3: -1.4 lbs

W4: -2.6 lbs

W5: -1.8 lbs

Total -12.6 lbs

New Years Challenge

Goal: 15 lbs

#9 KerryH

KerryH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:05 AM

I think Newbie explained it correctly. I should not have to take my information and make a separate document Excel or Docx and the food and grocery order is difficult to read my consult could not follow it. i read a post somewhere that stated that Jenny is transferring to more online and less locations if they r going to do that know what u r doing first.
I called the other day and someone answered the phone they thought I should email it to me and then it would be a better size Not.

Kerry Howard

#10 AB123

AB123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:35 PM

Is it possible to copy an entire week from the past to the current week? I can copy each meal which seems ridiculous so surely there must be a way to just copy an entire week from the past.

#11 Pixie01Angel

Pixie01Angel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:20 AM

What I don't like about it is that there are some "grocery" items that are prepopulated in there but you cannot create an item if you cannot find it. MyFitnessPal allows me to track this better. JC please help with all these issues! I would like to keep it all in one place and not have to use several outlets.
*¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•` ~Elena~

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 MeChemist2

MeChemist2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:08 AM

I agree as well. I use MyFitnessPal to log my food and just come online to add my weight and chat with all these amazing people

Thanks for the info on MyFitnessPal app. I have never been able to follow the daily menu, I change my mind and wind up eating a different Jenny lunch, dinner, etc. This has made it a lot easier to stay on track and follow the Jenny plan without worrying if the calories were evening out. So easy with the bar code scanner!

#13 KerryH

KerryH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

sparkpeople has info regarding fitness activities and so does my pyramid

Kerry Howard

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: menu planner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users