online menu planner is terriblemenu planner
Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:32 AM
Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:16 AM
Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:48 AM
Starting weight: 241.8 Current weight: 220 Goal: 155
4th of July challenge:
Summer slim down challenge:
Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:17 AM
Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:13 PM
Total Loss 85.2 Prior to pregnancy in 2013
Start weight Sept. 2012: 271.4 lbs
Weight prior to pregnancy 2014: 187.2
Week 1: - 2.4 on 6/5* I haven't weighed at my center in 2 wks so not counting this towards my challenge
Week 2: + 0.8
Challenge Total Lost = 0
My Weight Loss/Life Journey Blog: http://jessicafaiza.blogspot.com
Jessica "Faiza" Yagi
Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:50 AM
The previous menu planner, BTW, worked just fine. It was scaleable, it enabled flexible start dates, and it printed out in black and white. These are key usability features which I did not fully appreciate until I found them completely lacking in the new planner:
- You can specify a start date, but the default start date forces the week to start on Sunday. I always see my JC counselor on a Tuesday, and my menu planner used to fit on one page. The first day was Tuesday, and I could scale the entire menu at about 90% of full size and print the whole thing on a single page. The new planner prints on two pages, and it shows Sunday and Monday as blanks. Page 2 shows Sunday and Monday's meals (my Days Six and Seven) and then five blanks. This not only wastes paper, but (worse) makes it impossible to see the whole thing on one page. Scaling it down to get it on one page makes it impossible to read.
- When printed at full size, the type is tiny, and worse yet, there is no way to specify that you want to print in black and white. So, printed on my laser printer, the menu has very light type. When I printed it out on my color printer, the light blue was very hard to read.
- I tried taking screen shots of the menu and then importing them into an InDesign document, but it still did not scale very well. It's a poorly designed static grid, with column widths and row heights that do not vary. The result: tiny type again. More importantly, who has time for this? And how many people have InDesign?
- Trying to generate my second menu this morning, I discovered I couldn't clear the previous week's check marks on the calendar.
- Then, when I went ahead anyway and selected my breakfasts, clicking "continue" led to nothing. No way to get to lunches or anything else. I finally gave up and made my own list in Word. However, if I want to put it into the previous planner's format, I can create a Word table, but why should I have to do that? It would be missing all the supplemental foods that are included as part of each meal.
Please fix this as soon as possible!
Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:51 AM
I have gone through the planning multiple times and the results are always terrible. It doesn't save correctly- and won't edit.
I tried emailing it to myself and it also strangely copied it to some random yahoo address. Creepy.
Come on guys- this is a big company, please get this right. I'm depending on this site since they closed the JC center in my area.
Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:15 AM
Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:05 AM
I called the other day and someone answered the phone they thought I should email it to me and then it would be a better size Not.
Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:35 PM
Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:20 AM
Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:08 AM
I agree as well. I use MyFitnessPal to log my food and just come online to add my weight and chat with all these amazing people
Thanks for the info on MyFitnessPal app. I have never been able to follow the daily menu, I change my mind and wind up eating a different Jenny lunch, dinner, etc. This has made it a lot easier to stay on track and follow the Jenny plan without worrying if the calories were evening out. So easy with the bar code scanner!
Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:43 PM
Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: menu planner
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users