14 replies to this topic

#1 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:38 AM

Ok so i'm posting this in maintenance, because this is more of a maintenance thing.

New people please dont read this !!!!! and if you do read this, you must know that i have followed the JC plan exactly for a year and have successfully lost tons and tons of weight and changed my entire life, so keep on the program, it works , i love the JC program, it saved my life ! I suffered, struggled , worked hard, hated it , loved it, rejoiced , cried, celebrated etc over the last 12 months, and every minute was worth it. I'd do it over again in a heartbeat!

Ok here's my vent.
I'm soooooo tired of JC food!!!!! i did 5/2 last week, and went crazy trying to eat the food. I've been doing my own meals 5 lunches , 3 dinners , 5 breakfasts for quite a few months, and i know i've plateaued over those months and my JC said its probably because i'm not doing the recommended amount of JC foods. So i tried the 5/2 and i ended up craving my momo foods, so i ate the JC food and my MOMOs, which isn't good!

I'm also sooooo tired of the drive , its an hour drive one way to my JC, so its expensive in gas , and then the cost of the food, and all my time. I know i always tell new people that the cost is minimal , an expense worth it for losing weight and geting healthy. Well i feel like i've lost so much weight and i'm healthy enough that i dont need to be putting out so much money and time just to maintain? My JCC also left about 6 weeks ago so i have a new JC and she's great, but after having the same JCC with me for almost a year, its hard to bond up with a new one in just a few weeks, especially when i'm so near the end of my journey. I just want it all to end and make a whole new set of non weight loss related goals , and start enjoying life and not stressing on weight loss.

Next thursday is my 1 year aniversary, and i had in my mind to call it goal on that date, no matter what my date is. But my new JCC seems slightly resistant to that idea, and i wanted her to say YEAH !! Lets DO IT! congrats , fireworks celebration, etc. But she seemed like she didn't even hear me when i told her and just kept processing me through as usual. I'm just tired of the JC food, i wanna eat my own food!!!!!

I've been reading over the fitness forums and getting meal ideas from the active fitness/bodybuilding girls. I wanna eat what they eat: spinach and eggwhites and chicken, sweet potatoes and protien shakes! lol, yuck but yess thats what i wanna eat!!!

So now i have to tell my JCC i dont wanna eat JC food anymore , i dont wanna do that drive anymore and i dont wanna be hassled about it. The office has been calling me since i missed my visit, i'm gonna have to answer eventually. I wanna be able to go in monthly for my weigh ins, but thats all i want! i dont wanna be pressured to buy food, or phase out the way they want me to. I wont do it, if i come home with more JC food i'll end up eating the JC food plus all the other food i wanna eat, so i know it will backfire on me. My journey has changed so much and taken on such a different direction that i need to follow a new path , or i'll explode from frustration.

Ok there is my rant/vent. I can do this i know i can. I know i'm good for a lot of years of healthy eating, and when my life takes another direction and i start to pack on a few pounds i can go back to JC food if i need to. but for now, i just can't eat another bite of it!!! So i'm going to officially say i'm on maintence, but i'd rather just say i'm on a different journey, different direction? I'll be losing my last 10 lbs, but just little differently

blah, and one more vent. i am going crazy not being able to run!!!!!!! but on a happier note, i'm falling in love with the pool!

I love you guys!!! Thanks for being here through thick and thin, i'll still be here for a long time cheering everyone on !

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4", 46 years old, start date 7/18/2012 236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

10/19/14  week 1 - in process

weight.png

#2 gennybunny96

gennybunny96

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:14 AM

Sorry, I read your rant. Lol I guess I'm a returning newbie. I understand where you are coming from and I know it can be hard to get it across to your JCC when they have their own model to follow. This is YOUR journey, no one else's and you have to do what's right for you. I look at your posts and pictures and you are such a motivation to me and I know which ever way you go, you will continue to be a Hugh motivation to me. Good luck and I hope it all works out for you.
Genevieve

Starting weight: 241.8 Current weight: 220 Goal: 155
4th of July challenge:
8.6lbs down
Summer slim down challenge:
2.4lbs gained

#3 sweetj

sweetj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:29 AM

I went through the same thing at the end of my JC journey the FIRST time around - it had been a year, and I was battling that last 3lbs to get down to my goal weight, even though I WAS at my goal weight according to my scale at home. I wanted to focus more on my running, and I needed more/different food to do that. It's your journey, and if you are happy where you are at then call it GOAL! I do believe this puts you on the high side of a healthy BMI - congrats! If you change your mind, you can always come back to lose that last 10 lbs (or to relose any weight you regain, like me :( )
-Jen

Highest Weight: 225 lbs in 2009

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 3meows

3meows

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:29 AM

I am also on this journey for my second time around, but I can suggest that you take a break -- eat your own healthy food and enjoy life. If you feel yourself slipping, then come back -- nothing wrong with that! This is your journey -- everyone has a different one, and to be honest, the counselor's do not make the final decision -- YOU DO!

You are truly a huge inspiration for many of us -- good luck to you whatever you choose!

#5 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

If it were somebody else I might be a little nervous, but since this is you we're talking about I am confident it will be fine. You know what to do and you are miles ahead of even most JCC's! So I'd do what I need to do. You have to think about you...not caring what Jenny would like. You better still be on here cause you have been my inspiration all along and I still need you! Thanks for everything by the way! HUGS :wub:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Free of Concern

Free of Concern

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:27 PM

:) Hi Sonya,

I totally understand your frustration and I went thru much the same turmoil last November because I kept bouncing back & forth in terms of weight. After much research I finally determined that the JC food was not going to work for me any longer so I walked completely away and did no transition. The end result was that I finally got to my goal weight of 125 without starving myself or trying to explain myself to the JC folk. Currently I eat clean by making my own meals from scratch with quality proteins, healthy fats, veggies, limited dairy, ancient grains, and limited fruits. Absolutely love the magazine Oxygen and Tosco Reno. Check out the Paleo websites and also the vegan website by Brandon Frazier who has a program called Thrive.

Personally I think that you are ready but don't pull the plug on your JC visitations. Declare maintenance and keep up with the monthy visits. If something should go wrong with your new style, you can fall back on JC. Also keep posting so that you maintain contact with those who have shared your journey so far.

Good luck and best wishes on this new adventure! :D
Formerly known as Patty Lynne
I can't control the outcome of the "game" but I can control how I work in preparation for the "game"
"It is not the mountains we conquer but ourselves"
I may be imperfect but I love and accept myself as I push towards my goal of good health!
Goal weight 125
wgt @ 07/21/12 132.8
Wgt @ 03/05/2013 127.8 Yea...New plan is working great!!!
Wgt @ 03/16/2013 125.4 Almost there!
Wgt @ 05/06/2013 126.8 Still getting back into groove from Easter
Wgt @ 06/07/2013 124.3 Yea...Now for Consistency!!

#7 FaizaYagi

FaizaYagi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

You got this!

Total Loss 85.2 Prior to pregnancy in 2013

My Weight Loss/Life Journey Blog: http://jessicafaiza.blogspot.com

Start weight Sept. 2012: 271.4 lbs

Weight prior to pregnancy 2014: 187.2

Jessica "Faiza" Yagi

1157666_10101584879974698_870074806_n.jp

1504087_10101458953926508_1656941785_n.j

#8 kaiserme

kaiserme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:53 PM

Sonya-
You definitely have more than shown yourself and us that you are ready for maintenance! I actually thought you were on it allready and just going for the last 10 on your own!!!

We all know that afterwhile too much of anything gets boring, even JC food!! It's good for us while we need it, can always go back if we feel the need. But, You've Got This Sonya..........and thanks for being such a great inspiration.
Shelly
Started 12/28/2012 214 lbs.

Re-Starting using MOMO 1/2/13 I am still 37 lbs. ahead, however, my lowest this past Summer was 158, so I am up 19 lbs. from that. I can't keep looking at my old stats, it has to be new. I will be 58 in February. I weighed 196 last year at that time...can't go there!

1/1/13 Wed. 177 lbs.
1/8/13 Wed. 175.6 lbs.

Anniversary July '13 Frankfort MI My Kaiser - Spring 2013
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImageThis isn't even my heaviest- Summer '11 I think. Not goin' back there!!

#9 laura55

laura55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

I'm fairly new to the forums but during this time I really have been so inspired by your words and your suggestions to all who are struggling! You seem so strong and you really know what works for you. You are a success story!
Beginning Weight 5/17/2013: 208 lbs
Goal Weight: whatever I weigh in on 8/08/14 will be it!

6/06/14. 148.1
6/13/14. 147.9
6/20/14. 146.5
6/27/14. 146.2. (6 weeks to goal!)
7/11/14. 145.2. (4 weeks to goal!)
7/25/14. 144.2 (2 weeks to goal!)
8/08/14. 143.6. GOAL!

8/29/14. 139.7 Maintaining between 138.7-140.4 for the last couple of weeks..gonna try and maintain@ 139-140 lbs.
9/24/14 141.4. Lately maintaining between 140.0-142.0... Aiming for 139-140...still experimenting with the right balance of calories to stay at the lower numbers.

Isaiah 40:31

It is never too late to be who you might have been. ~George Eliot

#10 gennybunny96

gennybunny96

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:33 PM

I'm fairly new to the forums but during this time I really have been so inspired by your words and your suggestions to all who are struggling! You seem so strong and you really know what works for you. You are a success story!

I Agree!!!
Genevieve

Starting weight: 241.8 Current weight: 220 Goal: 155
4th of July challenge:
8.6lbs down
Summer slim down challenge:
2.4lbs gained

#11 kwads

kwads

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

I get this, these ladies are giving you some FAB advice. I struggled with my last 8 pounds and what I ended up doing was adding and subtracting calories throughout the week. One day I would eat my 1200, the next eat my 1500, then 1300, then 1500, then 1200, etc. I kept up with my daily workouts and it helped so much! Good luck to you!
God bless,
Kayla

Posted Image
January 2012

Posted Image
July 2013....at a concert
Posted Image
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyways.
- Earl Nightingale

#12 france exchange

france exchange

Prudie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

Sonya, I can't imagine the difficulty deciding what to do. Vent away!
I know you can do the remainder on your own -- you,ve shown us your determination! If you still go to weigh ins you shouldn't have to buy foods. I don't buy much-- maybe a meal or two each week (except for recently when I made a mess over vacation) . Just tell your new JCC how the cow eats the cabbage. I will tell you that my center director had to change my goal weight for me. My JCC told her and she had to go into the computer to do it. So new JCC may not know how it works.

If you stay through maintenance will you get half you membership fee back? I will only have to go every other week although my JCC said some only come in once a month during maintenance. Just something to think about.

I know that whatever you decide that you are going to do fabulous! Just don't forget to keep us posted on JC forums. You've been a great inspiration! I'm always interested to read about your exercising!

New goal--170

Posted Image
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Prudie

Posted Image

Back in the saddle again! Caught myself due to clothes being too tight. Thank goodness I got rid of the big clothes!
Started January 23, 2012 at 275 lb.

#13 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:21 PM

I've been a bad girl and haven't gone back to JC in three weeks! its such a long drive, and they keep calling me and i'm not answering the phone. I know thats bad, but i dont wanna be nagged to make that drive or eat another bite of JC food. The food is delicious its just not what i want right now. I've been eating only the foods off my new fitness diet menu and i love it! i'm having two servings of fruit a day, two servings of dairy, oatmeal and egg whites for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch and I made a huge slow cooker pot of wild brown rice, and i got a bunch of fish and chicken and tons of vegitables for dinner, and protein shakes for a snack. Sometimes i'll have a couple cookies or popcorn or a handful of chips for a treat , but not every day. And the scale is still moving down for me, although very slowly, but at this point i dont expect much more than a pound or two a month, especially without being able to run anymore, which totally sucks!!

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4", 46 years old, start date 7/18/2012 236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

10/19/14  week 1 - in process

weight.png

#14 Erniet100

Erniet100

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

Hi Sonya, you have been an inspiration to many of us. I have been struggling with the same issue. I am a fantastic cook and have been struggling on cooking great (healthy) meals for others, yet have to eat the same packaged food. I had originally given myself a year to accomplish my goal, but after 1 year and 3 months, my budget is completely gone and cannot continue. That does not mean that I don't believe in the program, I DO, however, at this point it is time for maintenance. I already told my JCC the last couple of months that I had to do more MOJOs and she understood. Than I plateaued and could not move that scale even if I wanted to. 6 days of the week at home I would be at my goal weight, and low and behold, the day of my weigh in I would be the same as the week before, yet the day after to my goal weight. 2 weeks ago I told her that I could not carry on any longer and wanted to make that day's weigh in as my goal weight. She needed approval from her director, and they agreed.

So as of last week, I am officially on maintenance, but really, still trying to loose weight but on my own. The past four weeks, she backdated to being as the 'adjustment' period, so I don't have to buy the food anymore. I will go in this week for one more time, and than I only have to come in once a month. So go and see them, and get them to agree to what you want. Don't wait and avoid, that doesnot help you. If they dangle that carrot of 'getting half of your money back' in front of you or you don't qualify, just let that be (did not happen to me). I realized that the cost of food for the next 3/4/5 weeks, whatever time it would take to get to that final goal, will be more than what I would get back.

Good luck and enjoy your new menus, just go back for you final visit and as you said before, this is still the best plan out there.
Posted Image

sw: 266.4, Female 51 yrs old
At 6 months: 224.4 lbs
at 1 year: 198.4 lbs
gw: 195 lbs

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
before JC

at week 12
Posted Image

#15 Margro

Margro

Marsha

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:11 PM

Sonya,

My second time on Jenny I went from 180 to 140, but I had set my goal at 135. I was running 3-8 miles a day and lifting weights 4 times a week. My body fat was 21%, I was ridiculously fit and my scale was not going to budge. I went into see the center director, had her change my goal weight to 140, and called it quits. I was happy, my JCC was happy and I looked darn good! The only mistake I made was not going in for the monthly maintenance visits.

You were really doing this mostly on your own until your knee injury and then many of us cautioned you to go back on the Jenny food for a while to make sure your proportions fit your new activity level. You are continuing to monitoring your calorie I&O on MFP. Maybe get your armband out if you have put it away.

You have this lifestyle down and you know what your body needs at this point. Make an appointment with the center director and explain what you want to do and call it goal for Jenny. Then continue on Sonya's plan and you will land where you want. Driving in once a month should not be that big of a deal as a part of maintenance. You will love them to see you as you maintain or continue to lose slowly.

weight.png

SW 229.2

CW 227.8
GW 140

Marsha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users