• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pink Crayon

Pink Crayon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

I love the chicken and tuna kits to take to the office where I work. I make my salad at home right before I leave the house. I fill my salad bowl 2/3 of the way with salad mix of Sweet Butter Mix (my personal fave) and fresh baby spinach. To that I add chopped bell peppers. I can usually find a carton of prechopped tri colored peppers (red, green and yellow) and if I don't see that, I get the strips that are prepackaged and use those. The prepackaged strips are usually red, green, yellow and orange. I add chopped jalapeno peppers, celery, cherry or grape tomatoes, mushrooms and mix it all together very well and then scoop my tuna or chicken salad on top. I also pack a few celery sticks to go with it. It takes no time at all to make this in the morning now that I have it down pat. When it's lunch time, I mix it up again and add Mrs. Dash chipolte seasoning. Sooo good.

Try it out and let me know what you think. Would love to hear what you do with your salad kits too. I love to experiment and would love ideas.

Kerry
Kerry-

It takes much less energy to do; and much more energy not to do.

#2 babyrn86

babyrn86

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:53 AM

Thanks for the idea! The salad kits are one that I struggle to like. Lately I have been adding 1/2 tsp of reduced fat mayo to the chicken and having it on a sandwich thin ( 100 cals). So it is a nice sandwich once I had some tomatoes and lettuce. I toss out the crackers that come with it.

Janet

Restart 5/6/14                                                        

SW: 273.6 lbs 

CW: 267

Week 1: -3.2 lbs

Week 2: -0.4 lbs

Week 3: -3 lbs

July 4th Challenge: Goal - 10 lbs

Week 1: -3 lbs

#3 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:05 AM

i make a salad for mine too, i add dried cranberries instead of the applesauce. I pour the JC dressing over the top (i mix a half pack of each dressing together, i like them better mixed) I break up all the crackers and throw them on top for croutons. I think next time i'm gonna add some chopped hardboiled egg whites.

I think some people mix the chicken or tuna kit with the crackers crushed, you could probably add an egg white, and bake it in a bell pepper or stuffed mushrooms, i think you can add the limited tbs of parmasean on top.

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4", 46 years old, start date 7/18/2012 236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 janiebelle1957

janiebelle1957

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

I haven't used mine on top of salad but it sounds like a great idea. I didn't like the kits at first either. Then I took it out of the can and added a bunch of celery and pepper to it. I love the taste and the crunch. It sounds great on salad.

Kerry, I've been eating a lot of bell peppers too. I should buy them like you do. I just hate chopping up veggies and fruits. Just lazy I guess.
Janiebelle
<a%20href=<a%20href=<a%20href=56 years old
5'6"

Posted Image

<
Posted Image

#5 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

More power to you people cause I just can't eat them, OMG!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Brend

Brend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

Love the salad idea. The kits have been piling up in the cabinet because I got tired of a couple crackers topped with chicken or tuna. This will be my inspiration for lunch this week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users