• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Pink Crayon

Pink Crayon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

Help! I have been getting used to losing my consultant when our center closed and now I just hung up the phone with my new at home consultant. Things seemed to be going fine tonight until I started to order my food. When I said I was not ordering breakfast this time around and would not be eating JC breafast that's when things turned. The councelor said, 'I'm confused, if you want to lose weight then you need to follow the program" I told her I would be having veggies with egg whites and that I thought that was healthy. She admitted it was.....but, it was not Jenny Craig food. I agreed it wasn't but that is was healthy, so why was she confused? She said it again, that if I want to loose weight I needed to follow the plan. I became upset and started to cry and told her that I did not like her tone of voice and that I had budget constraints this week as well. I had to order two weeks worth of food my first time around and I was not expecting to have to do that. I have always only ordered one week of food. I gained weight week cause I ate Japense food at a Bridal Shower and did not excercise as much this week I know what I did wrong. I am back on track since yesterday. I made a carfeful plan on what I was going to eat this week and had my order all ready for the phone call I was expecting. I was ordering dinners, triple chocolate cheese cake and the tuna and chicken salad lunch kits. The first time I ordered my two weeks worth of food it did not include snacks from JC cause, I eat fruit with a cheese stick or hummus with carrots or my Anytime bars with an apple. My phone gal had a comment about that too! I told her I felt my snacks were healthier that the pretzels and corn chips and that those types of foods were trigger foods for me and I couldn't handle them. She told me we would "revisit" that next time we talked. I told her she could revist it if she wanted to, but it wouldn't be with me cause my mind was made up. I know I cannot go near anything salty or crunchy. I go bananas and will eat all my portion control snacks at one sitting. This kind of behavior helped get me overweight!

I told the gal that I did not like her tone and that I was hanging up cause I could feel myself start to cry. I don't want to quit. I really miss my consultant Misty. She undertood me and I was very successful with her. When there were weeks that my budget was tight Misty understood and together we came up with a plan.
:( :( :(

I am responsible for my weight gain this time around and I had a great conversation with my new consultant tonight about that and she was very supportive! She helped me come up with a plan for the week. Things fell apart when it came time to order the food.

I felt this was the best forum to come to as I don't want to start a thread of JC councelor bashing but, I am at a loss. Is there a way to just order food on line with out a councelor to order through?

I feel as though the boards would be very supportive. I have not posted too much but, I can change that. I am almost half way to goal and don't want to lose heart and gain weight. I am open to suggestions and advice. I really loved the face to face support I had and that is why my Mother gave me JC as a present for my birthday. She knew me better than myself!

I believe in the program I am just unhappy about feeling like I am not doing the program because I did order JC breafasts,

Sorry this is so long but I am very upset and feel lost.

Kerry-

It takes much less energy to do; and much more energy not to do.

#2 FaizaYagi

FaizaYagi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

Kerry! I'm so sorry you had such an upsetting experience. That's not helpful during this transition time. Is there any other centers you can go to, even if it might be a longer drive? I'm not sure too much what to offer but I think your choices are smart and you are PLANNING... the failure to plan is the number one reason a lot of us don't stick with it. Keep your chin up! And don't let them get you down. You have been doing this and being successful so just ignore their suggestions and stick to your guns, k?

Total Loss 85.2 Prior to pregnancy in 2013

My Weight Loss/Life Journey Blog: http://jessicafaiza.blogspot.com

Start weight Sept. 2012: 271.4 lbs

Weight prior to pregnancy 2014: 187.2

Jessica "Faiza" Yagi

1157666_10101584879974698_870074806_n.jp

1504087_10101458953926508_1656941785_n.j

#3 Pink Crayon

Pink Crayon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

Thank you so much! I am still crying! I'm replaying this in my mind and can't believe it just happened. I am not one to get upset easily either. There's no other center in the area so I am really bummed. I am glad however we connected, I have always read and enjoyed your posts and I am always eager to hear what you have to say. Your pics are so inspiring.

I see while I was posting that there was a call from the JC but, I don't think they left a voice mail. I couldn't talk now anyway.

Thank you for your response. It was like a hug from a friend. :wub:
Kerry-

#4 FaizaYagi

FaizaYagi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

;0)

Total Loss 85.2 Prior to pregnancy in 2013

My Weight Loss/Life Journey Blog: http://jessicafaiza.blogspot.com

Start weight Sept. 2012: 271.4 lbs

Weight prior to pregnancy 2014: 187.2

Jessica "Faiza" Yagi

1157666_10101584879974698_870074806_n.jp

1504087_10101458953926508_1656941785_n.j

#5 kaiserme

kaiserme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:17 PM

I am so sorry you are having this experience. My @ home JCC has told me that you don't have to order everything. You have to order $150 worth of food or 10 days worth. Doesn't have to be bf, lunch and dinner and all that.
If you want to order 5 boxes of ATB's, some lunches, some dinners, etc. she said that is fine.
Can you ask about that? My @ home JCC told me that I can still use the $30 off coupon from transitioning to @ home, long as I get $150 or the 10 days. Then, you don't have to order for another 60 days and you still get the free shipping.
Just make sure you order within the 60 days after your first order this month, or you lose the free shipping.

I would ask about that and if she says no, I would ask her if she could kindly double check on that, if the @ home will work for you. Now, I haven't ordered the food yet, but she has reiterated (sp?) that to me 2x now.
So, good luck, don't give up, hope this helps if you decide to do the @ home and maybe if she still doesn't click for you,
you could always ask for another counselor, if not comfy w/that, I would call the 800 number and ask for a supervisor in that dept.....know what I mean? Best wishes
Shelly
Started 12/28/2012 214 lbs.

Re-Starting using MOMO 1/2/13 I am still 37 lbs. ahead, however, my lowest this past Summer was 158, so I am up 19 lbs. from that. I can't keep looking at my old stats, it has to be new. I will be 58 in February. I weighed 196 last year at that time...can't go there!

1/1/13 Wed. 177 lbs.
1/8/13 Wed. 175.6 lbs.

Anniversary July '13 Frankfort MI My Kaiser - Spring 2013
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImageThis isn't even my heaviest- Summer '11 I think. Not goin' back there!!

#6 Pink Crayon

Pink Crayon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

Thank you Shelly. I thought I could order what I needed, too. It felt proud that I was choosing to cook a health breakfast. I don't do well on sweet stuff for breakfast and cereal for me is just like chips. I always choose the high protein stuff. I will call the 800 number tomorrow as has been suggested. I want to calm down first and find out what the heck I am allowed to do on this program as far as ordering food. I have enjoyed your posts and amazing photos! Wow! I posted awhile back about how I read more than I posted but, I think it's time to come out of the shadows. Do you live in Michigan by chance? I live in Paw Paw 20 minutes away from Kalamazoo.

Thank you for your support. The good news is that I am on the boards and not in the fridge!
Kerry-

#7 kaiserme

kaiserme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

Kerry- I will PM you about the MI thing :)
Shelly
Started 12/28/2012 214 lbs.

Re-Starting using MOMO 1/2/13 I am still 37 lbs. ahead, however, my lowest this past Summer was 158, so I am up 19 lbs. from that. I can't keep looking at my old stats, it has to be new. I will be 58 in February. I weighed 196 last year at that time...can't go there!

1/1/13 Wed. 177 lbs.
1/8/13 Wed. 175.6 lbs.

Anniversary July '13 Frankfort MI My Kaiser - Spring 2013
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImageThis isn't even my heaviest- Summer '11 I think. Not goin' back there!!

#8 Pink Crayon

Pink Crayon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:58 PM

Great! I'll look forward to it! I am taking my self outside to the high school track to burn some calories and sort out my thoughts. Thanks again for the support. Off I go.................
Kerry-

#9 GwenJ

GwenJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:46 PM

Please don't let it discourage you. A good JCC means the world when struggling. I had one tell me I would never be successful unless I bought shoes and clothes and manicures as rewards. :unsure: You do what works for YOU. Everyone is different and if she can't understand that, it's time you ask for a new consultant. You should never feel pressured. A good consulant will encourage you. I hope it's only up hill from here.

zfEEm6.png 

Year 1 total loss: 127 lbs

Summer Slim Down

Goal: 16 lbs

Finish 6K in 50 minutes

W1: -0.4 lbs

W2: -3.8 lbs

W3:

W4:

W5:

W6:

W7:

W8:

Total: -4.2 lbs

#10 speedquilt

speedquilt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

I'm so sorry that happened to you and way to take care of yourself by hanging up the phone. My co-worker and I are in the same boat and struggling with the transition from a center to at-home. I would definitely encourage you to call the 1-800 number and ask about a new consultant. I promised myself that if I didn't feel I was connecting or getting help from the new consultant, I would do the same. I'm currently contemplating it but waiting another week or so to make sure it's not me and my resistance to change and the frustration of the change that is causing me to feel this way. The one benefit of the at home program is that there are a lot of consultants available as opposed to the few in a center.
Shirlie

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 janiebelle1957

janiebelle1957

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

Jeez, talk about putting you down and then kicking you in the gut. I would have been hurt too. I think she is incorrect and she knows it. In our (and their) perfect world we would buy 3 meals and a snack for each day. It is better to have egg whites with veggies than have nothing or eat sweets. After all, you will eventually have to eat most of your own meals. Does that mean you won't be able to buy any JC? Of course not. Just remember there are jerks at every work place and you just met one today. I wait would until tomorrow and call them back. Tell them you did not click with you JCC and you need another. I hate to say it but, sometimes they are trying to sell more. Of course, I would be too. We all understand girl so empower your self. This is YOUR journey and you are doing amazing! Yes it is difficult to go from one weeks food at the center to a months worth of food. I am now loving JC at home. I never thought I would. You just had a very bad experience.
<a%20href=<a%20href=<a%20href=56 years old
5'6"

Posted Image

<
Posted Image

#12 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:45 PM

Kerry...we are all here for you. So sorry you were made to feel pressured. JC shouldn't ever pressure anyone about anything. So call the 800 number find out what the rule is on what you can order. It just doesn't sound right to me. Lots of us are ordering what we want so best thing is to find out exactly what you can do and then next time you can hit them with the info that corp. told you that you can do "such and such"! Stay strong and let us know what happens. Big hugs and I'm so proud of you for going for a walk tonight! You Rock!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 English9

English9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:33 AM

I hope you got the situation straightened out. My center closed and I went on a cruise, I just rejoined so I know how you feel. I think it is awesome you stood up for yourself. You know what is best for you and where you need help. I hope that you are still on track!

#14 CJforMe

CJforMe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:27 AM

I also hope you got the situation worked out! I can understand why you miss your old "at home" consultant... I think it would be hard to have someone help you SO much, and then lose them. Hopefully these boards will give you the support and motivation you need!
  Week 11 (10/07/13): -0.5 lbs  (-12.9 total)
  Week 10 (10/01/13):  No weigh in

BMI = 35.8 as of Week 9 (down 2 points!!)
  Week 9   (09/24/13): -1.4 lbs  (-12.4 lbs total)
  Week 8   (09/17/13): -0.0 lbs  (-11.0 lbs total)
  Week 7   (09/10/13): -0.8 lbs  (-11.0 lbs total)
  Week 6   (09/03/13): -1.6 lbs  (-10.2 lbs total)

Down 8 inches as of Week 5!!!
  Week 5   (08/27/13): -1.2 lbs  (-8.6 lbs total)
  Week 4   (08/20/13): -2.2 lbs  (-7.4 lbs total)
  Week 3   (08/13/13): -0.2 lbs  (-5.2 lbs total)
  Week 2   (08/06/13): -3.2 lbs  (-5 lbs total)

11/14/13: -.8 lbs (-14.8 total)    BMI = 37.8 at Starting Weight
11/05/13: -14 total Week 1   (07/30/13): -1.8 lbs  (-1.8 lbs total)

SW: 227.4 - 07/30/13 Goals met:  215 (09/24/13)
CW: 212.6  
GW: 165.0
Current goal:   210
Half-way goal: 195

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users