• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Gal_Amy

Gal_Amy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

What made you choose Jenny Craig over Nutrisystem?

#2 FreshStart13

FreshStart13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:38 AM

I chose Jenny Craig over Nutrisystem for the local consultant support and the accountability of weighing in weekly. I also liked how you transitioned from Jenny Craig food gradually and also had support during the maintenance period (which is so important in weight loss.)
Start Date: 4/26/13, 236 lbs

Week 1: -7.8 lbs Week 6: -2.4 lbs Week 11: +1.6 lbs
Week 2: -2.0 lbs Week 7: -3.2 lbs
Week 3: -4.4 lbs Week 8: -5.2 lbs
Week 4: -3.6 lbs Week 9: -1.6 lbs
Week 5: -2.2 lbs Week 10: -0.0 lbs

Posted Image

#3 tylerbrandonsmom

tylerbrandonsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

I have done both. For one the food is MUCH better then NS. Second, I think this plan really works for me because I have to look someone in the eyes each week and be held accountable for my actions. Did I mention the food is MUCH better.
Posted Image

**Cheryl**

September 2011 - Reached goal 160lb
Had baby May 2012

"If it's important to you then you will find a way, If it's not you will find an excuse."

#4 cjct77

cjct77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:12 AM

I ditto what the last two posters said. In person accountability, help during maintenance and quality of food were all pluses for Jenny Craig. I had tried Nutrisystem a couple of years ago and to me their food = barf! I donated a months worth to a food pantry and ended up feeling guilty about it.

#5 GwenJ

GwenJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:44 AM

The food is much much better. I did NS and it was awful. I felt like eating the box would taste better than the food. I was hungry all the time too. Now that I'm learning the JC plan, you should never feel like you are starving. It is a little more expensive with JC but I feel like you get your money's worth.

zfEEm6.png 

Year 1 total loss: 127 lbs

New Years Challenge

Goal: 15 lbs

WI1: -2.4 lbs

WI2: -3.0 lbs

WI3:

WI4:

Total: -5.4 lbs

#6 zapslr

zapslr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:40 PM

Ditto to ALL of the above!

~~Shanna~~

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail"
"If you always do, what you've always done --> you'll always get, what you've always gotten"

"Excuses are only rationalizations that make you feel better about yourself for not doing something you want or need to be doing"

"If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present"--Lao Tzu

"Fear does not prevent death, it prevents life"

"Everything you want is on the other side of fear"

acf95f63-516a-4f6c-9ed3-59fa57a8f972_zps

#7 kaiserme

kaiserme

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:21 PM

Right. JC is the best of Nurtri, WW, and I'm sure there are others out there.

Have done both Nutri and WW. WW was okay, Nutri sucked as the kids say.......

Plus, you have the support here, anytime you need it. It is the best.
Shelly
Started 12/28/2012 214 lbs.

Re-Starting using MOMO 1/2/13 I am still 37 lbs. ahead, however, my lowest this past Summer was 158, so I am up 19 lbs. from that. I can't keep looking at my old stats, it has to be new. I will be 58 in February. I weighed 196 last year at that time...can't go there!

1/1/13 Wed. 177 lbs.
1/8/13 Wed. 175.6 lbs.

Anniversary July '13 Frankfort MI My Kaiser - Spring 2013
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImageThis isn't even my heaviest- Summer '11 I think. Not goin' back there!!

#8 josephz2va

josephz2va

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:19 AM

Nutrisystem is not really for many people. I didn't join it myself as your food is mailed to you and you have to give your major credit card to them. But you don't get consultations and professional advice. There's also a small chance it'll arrive undamaged and unspoiled. I mean it is coming in the postal mail from wherever Nutrisystem's warehouse originates.

Posted Image

#9 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,877 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:44 AM

[i]Like Shelly said NS sucks![/i]
[i]I saw NS food for sale at Big Lots...that isn't a good thing at all![/i]
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 france exchange

france exchange

Prudie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:04 AM

Sheila--that is so funny! That is where we saw NS being sold like last year! I looked at the nutrition info and cooking directions--all them required you to add some of your own food. One of them was just the meat and you had to come up with the bread! I couldn't have had bread in my house in the first month because I would have eaten the whole package (I still have trouble with any type of bread, but am doing better). I also saw the big bright boxes of NS food at Wal Mart. The boxes were pretty so people could be easily deceived. Not cool!
New goal--170

Posted Image
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Prudie

Posted Image

Back in the saddle again! Caught myself due to clothes being too tight. Thank goodness I got rid of the big clothes!
Started January 23, 2012 at 275 lb.

#11 dajulad

dajulad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:33 AM

I did nutrisystem before and started again last month. Then I tried the three sample pack from JC and found the food was 1000 times better, more filling and more satisfying. I will never go back to NS ever again!

Posted Image

#12 AMars

AMars

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:59 AM

Yes, I sold most of my NS food at a yard sale. JC is miles better, but the best thing about JC is the forums. Well, my JCC certainly Rocks as well. I'm at @Home client, so haven't met him in person, but he is great over the phone.

By the 4th month, on every other program I have tried, and I have tried them all, I was planning my escape. With Jenny, I do not feel the need to plan an escape. I feel at home and comfortable with the program and the progress. I could do better with the activity. Would probably lose a little faster if I did, but what the hey. I'm not going anywhere, and I am losing every week. Can't beat that.
Anna

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image
Close Enough at 157 pounds.

Start Date: 4/1/13
Goal Weight: 150
Week 1: -4 Week 10 -4 Week 19 -0.8 Week 28 -2.3
Week 2: -2 Week 11 -2 Week 20 -3.2 Week 29 -0.6
Week 3: -3 Week 12 -1 Week 21 -0.6 Week 30 -1.6
Week 4: -2.5 Week 13 -2 Week 22 -2.0 Week 31 +0.4
Week 5: -2.5 Week 14 +0.4 Week 23 -0.6 Week 32 -2.2
Week 6: -1 Week 15 -1.8 Week 24 -2.2 Week 33 -0.8
Week 7: -4 Week 16 -3.3Week 25 -0 Week 44 Lost Track but down 60 Pounds!!!
Week 8: -2 Week 17 +0.5 Week 26 -1.2 Week 45 0
Week 9: +1 :-( Week 18 -1.6 Week 27 -0.8 Week 46 -2.6

#13 DDuMouchel

DDuMouchel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:41 PM

I did Jenny 18 or 20 years ago and did well. I considered doing Nutrisystem b/c it's less expensive but read some online reviews and everyone said the Nutrisystem food is awful. Sorry, Marie (Osmond) glad NS has worked for you but I think Jenny is a better fit for me.
Posted Image

#14 elusivebutterfly

elusivebutterfly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:58 PM

I agree with all of the above. I tried it in the past and the taste and quality of JC food is far better. I also have to face a live person once a week and that really keeps you real.

#15 woman4real

woman4real

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:29 AM

I am trying JC because:

• Taste - The food is good
  • Flexibility - A variety of food options
  • Personal Attention - My counselor is great, supportive and honest
  • Convenience - Pre-planned meals rock..I am on the go and having something planned is a good idea. 

The food is really good.  This is my 2nd week.  I have tried many diets before. I realized that I need some hand holding.  WW gave me way too much freedom in the beginning.  NS: The food was not that great.  Atkins: too restrictive

Overall, this seems like a good fit.  I am a premier member so I pay 19.00 per month but the counseling is worth it. There is nothing like being accountable to someone.

Good Luck. 

- Winners never quit and quitters never win

#16 PZFGirl

PZFGirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 05:41 AM

My mom did NS two years ago and lost 15 lbs. pretty easily.  She actually liked the food and said she was never hungry.  At the time, I was like, well I'll never do that, it's all boxed food, etc.  But here I am, weight has gone up, and I thought, I need to do something.  So I went to NS's site and almost ordered....until I decided to look into JC as well.

First of all, taste reviews of JC were so much higher than NS.  Sure, price was higher, but since we don't get that much food to eat here, it better darn taste great.  Secondly, while in my past I shunned the thought of a "consultant" who would track my progress and give me "pep talks", I've enjoyed it.  I'm only one full week in (first weigh-in complete), and I have to say, I really like my consultant and my JC center.  They are all really nice there, it's really convenient for me, and the food tastes really good.

Plus, I like the weekly meal plans, as I spend a lot of time organizing and making notes each day to make sure that if I stay on the plan.  It's a lot of money, so I want to use it to the best of my ability and to the plan's ability. 

I've used all of JC's recommended foods on the meal plans, and I like the taste of everything.  My consultant asked me very hoenstly to tell her any foods I didn't like, but I honestly like 'em all.

I do use the Soupitizers every day (I saute some zucchinini & squash in Olive oil Pam w/salt, pepper, garlic, and add the Soupitzer to the pan, delicious) and the Anytime bars (maybe I'm in the minority, but I like them).

I did a lot of reading, and was worried about gastric issues, gas, bloating, etc., that is out there to read, but I haven't had any of that.  And I'm eatting more veggies than ever before.  It seems to agree with me, as my....ahem....system....appears pretty normal.

52 years old

5"3

4/26/14:  158.0

5/2/14:  155.6

5/10/14:  155.8

5/16/14:  154.8

5/24/14:  154.6

Goal:  140.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users