• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ginger Ratz

Ginger Ratz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:03 AM

I financially need to move to every meal on my own. Planning a menu is overwhelming. Although there are recipes from the forum, I need an example.
This is not an excuse but an explanation of why I need help. I have a disability that involves concentration and excutive planning problems. The entrees from JC have been perfect because I don't have to find recipes and put them together. I would appreciate your help.

#2 FaizaYagi

FaizaYagi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:07 AM

I would search for some cookbooks online and see if they might help. I would specifically look for a cookbook that focuses on meals for one or plan general things and freeze your meals individually. Just google search "example meal plans for ____ calorie diets". Also, if you could afford it (I'm not sure how much it costs) but my dad has a subscription to a diabetic magazine that was almost all recipes and it gave you the exchanges.

Total Loss 85.2 Prior to pregnancy in 2013

My Weight Loss/Life Journey Blog: http://jessicafaiza.blogspot.com

Start weight Sept. 2012: 271.4 lbs

Weight prior to pregnancy 2014: 187.2

Jessica "Faiza" Yagi

1157666_10101584879974698_870074806_n.jp

1504087_10101458953926508_1656941785_n.j

#3 Ginger Ratz

Ginger Ratz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:19 AM

Thank you very much. I appreciate your help.

#4 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

also stick to whole foods, dont get too fancy with recipies and cooking. Try sliced deli meat for your lean protiens, whole grain bread for your grains, fresh whole fruits and vegitables, slice of cheese or non fat milk for dairy, Weigh and measure everything. Keep it simple, meals dont have to be fancy, and probably shouldn't be super fancy at first. And the more you stick to whole ingredients, the healthier it is for you. Get the rythym down for the meals and then you can start making little exchanges to liven it up .

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4", 46 years old, start date 7/18/2012 236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 nancy5012

nancy5012

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:02 AM

A couple of real easy lunches: chicken sandwiches and turkey burgers.

For chicken sandwiches Sam's Club sells pre-cooked chicken breasts by the bag - just heat them up in the microwave and put it on a "sandwich thin" bun. Or you could grill up a bunch of chicken breasts yourself and freeze until needed.

Turkey burgers - love these. When they were recently unavailable from jenny I decided to make my own. I grill up a months worth and put them in the freezer.
Take 1 pound of 99% lean turkey breast, mix 1 tbs breadcrumbs, garlic, and spices of your choice. I use rosemary and oregano, but you can use any that you like. Mix it all together then separate into 4 burgers. Grill and freeze for later use. When you want one, just take it out of the freezer and microwave it for about 90 seconds.

You may also want to check out the site "once a month mom"
http://onceamonthmom.com/
She has recipes that you can make in bulk and freeze - diet menus are available.
Nancy

Do or do not....there is no try Posted Image

Posted Image

My Weight Chart:
Posted Image
>

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users