2 replies to this topic

#1 JKA2

JKA2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:02 AM

In line with my continued effort to introduce a new fruit or vegetable each week, this week's addition was kale. I tried another of Kelly's/NoThanksToCake recipes, with a little modification--her Garlicky Kale Chips. Thanks, Kelly!

http://www.nothankstocake.com/?s=kale

I didn't have nutritional yeast. I used Chipotle-infused olive oil, minced garlic, chili pepper, garlic powder, pepper, and a very small amount of salt. Don't pack the kale too closely together because it stays soggy--just do another tray. I made 2 trays but would have done 3 for the bunch if I had known that ahead of time.

My husband & I ate the entire bunch of kale within 1 evening. Even he ate more than he thought he would. As Kelly says, YUM-O!
~ Leigh ~

Posted Image

Began JC 12/8/2012. Incorporated BFM CORE armband 1/8/2013.

#2 tylerbrandonsmom

tylerbrandonsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

I've made these before and they were pretty good. I agree with you that you need to make sure they are spaced apart and not overlapping or they don't get crisp. It's been a while though so thanks for the reminder, I think I will pick up some kale on my next shopping trip.
Posted Image

**Cheryl**

September 2011 - Reached goal 160lb
Had baby May 2012

"If it's important to you then you will find a way, If it's not you will find an excuse."

#3 BlueEyedAngel

BlueEyedAngel

Hannah Banana

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

Cant wait to try kale chips! I roasted bok choy and the leaves crisped up like chips as well! It was delicious!:)

♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•Hannah•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.

bBw0m7.png

Forum Abbreviation Definitions

How to Get A Ticker For Your Signature

How to Post Pictures In Your Signature

♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥• ¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users