• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 SuzeeQ22

SuzeeQ22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:45 AM

[b]I never tried Nutrisystem...did Jenny a few years back...considering coming back.[/b]

#22 barb_

barb_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

I tried NutriSystem so long ago, I can't remember what it was like. I remember (this is back in mid 1980's) that we had to pay for a Doctor they had to clear us for the diet. Really? Are you kidding me? But all I have heard from everyone, including many, many at my center is that Nutri food tastes bad. There were 3 of us on a plan at work. One on weight watchers. One on Nutrisystem, and me on JC. In 6 months, the one with WW had not lost as much as I, but she didn't have as much to lose. Also, she upped her goal so she could become a lifetime member when she hit maintenance. The one on Nutrisystem lasted about 5 weeks. I lost the most amount of weight. But, will admit that when I lost all that weight, 50 lbs, I felt empowered to also quit smoking and other things. So, I gained some weight back. Quit going to JC because of some changes that are going on. But, I still love their food! Lordy, do you ever get a sweet tooth and want half a pint of ice cream? Try one of their cheesecakes or red velvet cake after dinner. And learn to volumize. There is a whole thread on here sharing recipes to cook great tasting and good for you food! I even have one on here!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#23 ssahls

ssahls

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:00 PM

My sisters were on NS and lost pounds. I thought about it but looked at the food on their website and it did not look good.

If you think NS is bad though, has anybody seen Medifast? My husband is on that and -- wow. It is all powder in packets, and bars. I feel sorry for him. He is looking wistfully at my dinners. I think he will come over to the JC side soon.

#24 dianekee

dianekee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

I have not tried the momo or domo I am doing well so far, and I ate on my own before and gained weight, and did not lose.

So I will stay 7 days a week for now. Maybe much later with help from jcc, I will try to travel on my own
Began 4-3-13
4-17 Week 1-6.1 pounds
4-24 Week 2-5.5 pounds
5-1 Week 3 -5 pounds
sperm whale brain 16 pounds
5-8 Week 4 -7 pounds
Month 1- 25 pounds
Lost a 2 year old
May challenge continue exercise program until I am able to increase my walking time
May 15 -4 pounds 29 pounds
May 22 -6 pounds
May 27- -5 pounds
Total loss 40 pounds
A 5 gallon water bottle

So far in June 15 pounds
6-19 49.7 pounds total
6-26 -6.2 pounds makes bit a 5000 btu air condotioner-
55.9 total

June: no excuse month

#25 BittBitt

BittBitt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:19 AM

You can get the nutrisystem sample box at WalMart now. That way you can try the food. I have heard from a lot of people that the food is awful.

Last night I was telling my husband how much I love the Jenny Craig food!! There hasn't been a meal that I haven't liked. I have been on the plan since last Monday.
Brittney

Posted Image

#26 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:17 AM

I had a bad experience with Nutrisystem: I couldn't stomach the beef items, they smelled and also tasted like dog food to me so I couldn't eat them. I called Nutrisystem and said do not send me anymore beef items cause it is just throwing away my money if I can't eat them. They said if we are out of an item we replace it with another and there is no way for us to track your order in the warehouse "to not replace any of your meals with beef" they continued to send me beef items! I threw away food every month. I finally asked myself why am I paying for this food that doesn't taste that good, not to mention working with a company that doesn't care what my situation is regarding this "BEEF"? Also they don't help you transition to regular food that you're going to need to eat for the rest of your life. I will never deal with this company again. So believe me when I tell you...don't do Nutrisystem!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#27 ssahls

ssahls

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:10 AM

Oh my goodness Sheila that is too bad you had that experience. I have been choosing my own food at Jenny Craig, I don't know why they didn't let you do that.

Also I see on the Jenny Craig forums, they are closing 100 JC centers soon (mine is not one of them thank goodness). They just announced it. The writing is on the wall for JC centers, I think they will move sometime soon to all online.

Also I didn't know about the WalMart Nutri-System sample box, that is great.

#28 Soapstef

Soapstef

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:29 AM

[quote name='psychonurse1956' timestamp='1365952590' post='694175']
I agree...I tried Nutrisystem years ago and it was terrible. I wasted that money because there was little of the food that I liked. So far I haven't found anything on my menu that I haven't liked...of course I am starting day 5 but I haven't even had my favs like the fajitas and macaroni and cheese. I even like the mashed potatoes and chicken. Right now I am off work and when I start back I will have to be careful since I am using my oven more and it makes things better to eat. But for the difference in the cost it is worth it. I don't plan on being on Jenny all my life but I consider it an investment in my health. [b]To bad you couldn't get it paid for by your health insurance.[/b] I mean they pay for the lap band and it doesn't work all the time why not these programs. Anyway I feel that it is worth it. I kind of beat around the bush but I hope that it helped.
[/quote]

This is exactly my #1 frustration! If you are considered morbidly obese or even just obese...insurance should help cover these programs in some way. I'm totally stuck because I don't make enough money to afford the program. It would even be a stretch to afford Nutrisystem so I'll be relegated to Lean Cuisine until I get a second job and save for year or longer. In the meantime I've wasted what money I did have on things like raspberry keytones and other pill diets.

#29 EbonyTower

EbonyTower

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:51 PM

I did NS and had some marginal success with it (maybe 16 lbs) which I have kept off.  When I had labs checked after being on the plan, my numbers were amazing.  I'm insulin resistant and my Hgb A1c was 5.9.  However, after about 4 months, I just got tired of the food.  I found a small selection of foods that I liked so I got bored quickly.  I tried Jenny a LONG time ago and remembered really liking the food.  NS was nothing compared to that.  I'm on the verge of ordering the program again. . .

#30 amberjoy

amberjoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 11:02 AM

My sister did NS recently,like 6 months ago and paid $320.00 for month of food,frozen and shelf stable and ended up quitting.The food was really gross,especially the chicken pot pie.I would think 3 times before going there.Try the diabetic NS sample at Walmart which is $30. I think. Then you will see how you like the food.

#31 Kate2351

Kate2351

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:06 AM

I hated nutrisystem.
7jAAm4.png Start weight: 230  JC start weight: 201.6Goal weight: 160Current weight:164.4

#32 JWinATL

JWinATL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:49 AM

For those of you who made the statement "I know I won't be on Jenny all my life," I beg to differ!  I lost 120 pounds in 2004-2005, and I have maintained 110 of that loss since by EATING THE JENNY WAY.  Oh, sure, you aren't buying their food - but you are following the program if you eat the way you did on program.  I have come back for a "tune up" because I put on 6 pounds taking oral steroids for pharyngitis I got on a cruise.  I have gone on 7 cruises since the loss, and I never gain weight.  Why?  I eat to feel sated; not to stuff myself.  I take the stairs most of the time (not always UP, but always down), and I book my  cabin as far from the elevator as I can get it.

The point is, we learn HOW to eat and WHAT to eat.  You don't deprive yourself of tasty food to lose or maintain.  You change your attitude about eating, both volume and frequency.

Hope that helps.

Best, Jill

Started 1/5/04 - weighed 282.8
5/24/04 - 216.2 HALFWAY!
5/21/05 - 164.6

Fresh Start 9/6/2010 - 205.8 Goal: 170 (being realistic)
April 4, 2011 - 170 GOAL!!!!!

Posted Image January, 2004
Posted Image March, 2011

Cruise - December, 2011

Posted Image

#33 laura55

laura55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:40 PM

Jill,
You are so right! I intend to eat the Jenny way for the rest of my life! We learn portion control and how to make healthy choices...it is so important to not get into the "I've lost the weight and now I can eat like a normal person" mentality,(which normally means eating fast food and big portions.)
Thank you for sharing your successful maintenance tips and congratulations on keeping the weight off!
Beginning Weight 5/17/2013: 208 lbs
Goal Weight: whatever I weigh in on 8/08/14 will be it!

6/06/14. 148.1
6/13/14. 147.9
6/20/14. 146.5
6/27/14. 146.2. (6 weeks to goal!)
7/11/14. 145.2. (4 weeks to goal!)
7/25/14. 144.2 (2 weeks to goal!)
8/08/14. 143.6. GOAL!

8/29/14. 139.7 Maintaining between 138.7-140.4 for the last couple of weeks..gonna try and maintain@ 139-140 lbs.
9/24/14 141.4. Lately maintaining between 140.0-142.0... Aiming for 139-140...still experimenting with the right balance of calories to stay at the lower numbers.
10/24/14. 145.5. Snacking too much lately! Darn those nighttime cravings! Back on track and aim to lose these extra
couple of lbs.

Isaiah 40:31

It is never too late to be who you might have been. ~George Eliot

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Diabetes, Nutrisystem

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users