• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 aprilmg

aprilmg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:47 AM

I can have high hopes to start excercising today, then fibro symptoms start up. Really diffiicult to not get discouraged and just not do anything.

#2 JKA2

JKA2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:51 AM

Do you have access to a pool, or ideally a warm-water therapy pool?
~ Leigh ~

Posted Image

Began JC 12/8/2012.  Incorporated BFM CORE armband 1/8/2013.

#3 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

Are you on any of the prescribed medications to assist with the pain relief, improved sleep, energy and mood? It won't be easy but I wish you the best.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 SonyaCele

SonyaCele

Sonya

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

the good thing about JC is that its set up to lose weight even if you dont exercise. it just takes a little longer. I bet when some of your weight starts coming off, everything about your life and your condition will get easier and you will be able to start exercising a little. Just give it some time.

When you look in the mirror and see no change, and still keep faith, knowing that in time you will get there if you stay focused and on track, that's the difference between those who succeed and those who fail.

5'4",  46 years old, start date 7/18/2012   236.4 lbs, i work out a lot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 aprilmg

aprilmg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

:) Thank you for your responses ! I belong to the local YMCA. It has an indoor pool. It does make it easier to exercise. I just don't go very often as I could. It makes my skin very dry. They have a whirlpool but that makes me feel worse. They warm water therapy pool sounds really nice. Have to check if any in my area. I wonder is health insurance will pay for that ? As far as medications, I take Welbutrin, Trazadone at bedtime for sleep, Lyrica 300 mg daily, muscle relaxers as needed and pain meds only if absolutely needed. That's enough for now. :wacko: Thanks Sonya for your comments ! I remember being well enough to exercise more when I weighed less. So there is hope. Thanks again for all the support. I need it.

#6 Maalinda

Maalinda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:50 AM

Fibromyalgia does pose extra challenges.  I like using the elliptical as there is no impact and I can adjust how hard I work to accommodate my current symptoms.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users