10 replies to this topic

#1 FaizaYagi

FaizaYagi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

First, just want to state that this post is related to me. Maybe you might find some common threads but I had a small breakthrough and just wanted to share. Some days, I still find myself either have to talk myself into doing the things I know I should do or talking myself out of it. Why do I do this? Am I afraid of the success I'm having and looking for some shadow under my bed that could come sweep it all away?

Am I just being modest and not really ready to see my new and continuing changing body? Yesterday I was feeling a bit moody and could have cried at the drop of the hat... stupid PMS. I knew I needed to work out but I was still sore from trying the biggest loser workout. So, I talked myself out of exercising. I kept rationalizing this to myself and ended up going to sleep moody and just plain irritated.

Today, I kept looking for clothes and nothing fits (too big, too baggy). Normally, in my non-PMS body I would be super happy but I just kept thinking how I don't have a big budget for new clothes. Tonight, as I was watching the Biggest Loser I just told myself to HUSH. I got on my gazelle and just started to work out. I knew I wasn't going to do 30 minutes because I can still feel my back muscles straining but, it made me feel better. I told myself, that when it comes to Jenny Craig... PMS can not exist anymore. I don't have time to make excuses. I don't have time to let PMS effect me. I need to just work extra hard that week.

One little NSV today though... I had been contemplating going to Target to try on some non-plus size clothing. I didn't go out of fear that either I wouldn't fit into the 16 there or maybe for fear I would fit and then not be able to buy it. I went to Kohls to find my husband a gift for Valentine's and the entrance takes you through the women's department. So, I indulged my curiosity and sure enough I DO FIT!!! So, I'm done making excuses and ready to keep up this week... excited for weigh in on Wednesday :)

Total Loss 85.2 Prior to pregnancy in 2013

My Weight Loss/Life Journey Blog: http://jessicafaiza.blogspot.com

Start weight Sept. 2012: 271.4 lbs

Weight prior to pregnancy 2014: 187.2

Jessica "Faiza" Yagi

1157666_10101584879974698_870074806_n.jp

1504087_10101458953926508_1656941785_n.j

#2 I Called Jenny

I Called Jenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:07 PM

Congrats on so many levels! :)

I'm happy you're pushing through the excuses BUT sometimes, especially with exercise, yes, you do have to push through but to a point. You can't expect to be able to do The Biggest Loser workout as if you were on the show because the show is just that - a show. It's not done in "real" time. So even if you have the DVD or whatever, you can't just start and assume you can do it all because if you wind up over-straining your muscles and do damage - what are you going to do then?

Yes, I know you're already exercising but you shouldn't put yourself down if your body is telling you that you can't do it all on a certain day. Go for a walk. Put on some music and move to the beat. Just get moving but don't try to overdue or exercise past the point of pain. You're only going to hurt yourself and wind up in worse shape mentally and physically then you are now.

Glad you went and tried on clothes. Congrats on getting into a "regular" woman's size. I'm sure that made you happy.

As for clothes, during my in-between sizes, I shopped in thrift stores and different worry about the size (since many of the clothes aren't properly marked) but at least I had clothes to wear and it didn't break the bank. I wanted to save the majority of my money for "real" clothes when I got to goal.

Oh, and I hate to tell you this, but the PMS doesn't stop - not really. I'm well past menopause and while I'm no longer producing estrogen (and I can't take the estrogen pills), I'm still up and down emotionally. I know that these days I cry at too many FB posts or pleading for heartbreaking causes, reading the posts here, during commercials, listening to certain songs, someone saying something nice to me and so forth. So keep those tissues close by. ;) You'll need them forever. LOL

But anyway, just wanted to say I'm so proud of you and so happy about your journey to a smaller-body you! :)
Phyllis

Height: 5'2
SW - 177.6
Goal! - 132
Returning Weight - 143
CW - GOAL AGAIN!!!

Posted Image

Before JC with hubby and nephews in 2006/After JC (2nd time) in 2011

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

I am telling you one thing: that baby girl of yours is just the cutest thing, I just wanna eat her up! (that is what us southern women say when we think a baby is too cute) Anywho...girl, you have been so great at doing all of your exercising/dancing so if you are feeling sore, tired from work, and baby and PMSing cut yourself a break! It is only a day or two! You'll get back into it and you'll do as great as you've always done. Remember this isn't a race. It is a way of life. You know I was talking to my cousin today and she reminded me that there are great second hand clothing stores and even Goodwill. Her Goodwill had a $1.00 sale. She said she got so much stuff she couldn't even put it all away. She has great taste in clothes by the way so I know she got some cute stuff. So I'd check that out if I were you. We all doubt ourselves every now and then so remember how far you've come and just how great you've done in such a short amount of time! Wish I could have mailed you all my 16's! I just dropped them off at a Salvation Army. Feel better sweetheart! Kiss that pumpkin for me!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 FaizaYagi

FaizaYagi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

Thanks ladies! And believe me I don't expect nor want the Biggest Loser results :) I just did the upper body workout to start which was 16 minutes but it kicked my body into gear. I don't go overboard by any means. I had intended to give myself a day of rest with just some light stretching. But I didn't even do that. Tomorrow I'll do my dancing and then Wednesday night I'll attempt the lower body workout :) Legs I don't worry about as much... core will probably be interesting :)

Jessica "Faiza" Yagi

#5 BlueEyedAngel

BlueEyedAngel

Hannah Banana

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

I am glad to hear that I'm not the only one who battles with PMS when it comes along. I'm AFTER ms'ing, lol. I tried on four different outfits todays before finally heading to town. BUT, I try to dust myself off and keep on going too! I try to be thankful! Just feeling a little dumpy today I suppose! BLEH!

YAY On fitting into normal clothes at target! CONGRATS!:)

On a side note..I now DVR The Biggest Loser every Monday and then watch it for inspiration. This week was tough with the eating challenge! :)

♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•Hannah•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.

bBw0m7.png

Forum Abbreviation Definitions

How to Get A Ticker For Your Signature

How to Post Pictures In Your Signature

♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥• ¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.

#6 takebackmylife

takebackmylife

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:37 AM

Faiza, It is so easy and so hard to talk your self out of exercising that you beat your self up for the rest of the day. I have been there.
I am proud of you for just getting in the exercise. Also, congrats on the clothing. Keep going.
Posted Image
SW 231.6  GW 175
1st weigh in 5lbs gone. 1-15-13
2nd weigh in 2.5 gone.  1-24-13
3rd. weigh in 1.3 gone.  1-31-13
4th weight in 2.6 gone. 2-7-13
5th weigh in .6 gone 2-14-13
6th weigh in 2lbs gone 2-21-13
7th weigh in .2 gone
8th weigh in 2 lbs gone 3-7-13
9th weigh in .8 lbs gone 3-14-13
10th weigh in 1.4 lbs gone 3-21-13

#7 I Called Jenny

I Called Jenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:38 AM

Hannah, sorry you're having a blah day. Try a little extra blush, twist your hair into a new style and put on a brighter shade of lipstick. You can trick your mind into feeling better sometimes by just looking better. :)
Phyllis

Height: 5'2
SW - 177.6
Goal! - 132
Returning Weight - 143
CW - GOAL AGAIN!!!

Posted Image

Before JC with hubby and nephews in 2006/After JC (2nd time) in 2011

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Sary

Sary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

I haven't found out my excuse for not exercising right now. I use to be so diligent. Maybe because I was so diligent and didn't loose weight that I don't want to. Or maybe cuz it's so dang cold in my place, that the thought of changing clothes is too chilly! (On average, my apt is 59. I don't control the heat.)

I did have a different kind of break through. I realized that if I eat out (at all) the lingering effect for several days is that I don't want to eat any veggies. I don't want to touch a salad, think about the vegetable & meat stew in the fridge, nada.

So I am going to back to my previous personal challenge - how many days can I go without eating out (unless it's work related)?

Faiza - thank you for your post. It came the right time for me to stop and seriously ponder why I don't exercise. I hope you continue doing some exercise everyday, even if it's just 15 minutes. I read almost all of your posts and find your journey inspirational to me.

#9 FaizaYagi

FaizaYagi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,543 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:11 AM

Awww thanks! And seeing that post is more than a month old, I definitely have become obsessed with exercising in some form each day. Most days I want to dance but would rather watch TV so I get on my gazelle and go to town. Veggies are hard for me as well but all the time! I just don't have a taste for them so I'm lucky if I make myself eat them 2-3 times a week. But, I'm still trying to push myself more and more. We can do this!!

Jessica "Faiza" Yagi

#10 D Lien-Willcott

D Lien-Willcott

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

i'm just starting and was reading through some posts. Thank you for yours. Reminds I am human as I have felt the same way over and over again. Hang in there and remember one day at a time.

#11 mamachill

mamachill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:20 PM

Yup, nodding in agreement as I read this post too! It may have been a thread started a few months ago, but still very applicable and timely. Thanks for posting it.
Returning Client.

Lived outside the USA with no Jenny Craig center, all meals on my own along with personal strength training and walking daily for exercise.
January 30th, 2013: Starting Weight 208.8
June 4th, 2013: 183.6

Returned to USA, gained weight and went offtrack...but came back to JC.
August 19th, 2013: Starting Weight 197.2
Current Weight (September 9th, 2013): 191.6
Goal Weight: 135

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users