Photo

Lost 23 lbs, 10 lbs to goal, and the last two weeks I've had NO motivation!! Help!

Loss of motivation

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Asc341

Asc341

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

Hi everyone,

This is my first post to the Jenny forum. Since October I've been loving Jenny, I was motivated to look great for my September wedding, and before I knew it, 23 lbs were gone. The last two weeks though, I've had absolutely no motivation to lose weight. It's like my head's not in it. I've been cheating like crazy and last week I gained .4 lbs, this week hasnt' been much better on the cheating front. I usually like to exercise, but have done almost none in the last two weeks.

At 5'6'' and 145 lbs, am I just feeling like I'm finally at a weight I'm happy with? (I've lost 65 in my life, it's been a long road!) Still feel like I want to lose more, but can't bring myself to do anything about it.

What's going on with me? Has anyone else experienced this? How to get over the mental block??

Thanks!

#2 I Called Jenny

I Called Jenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

Hon, breathe! :) I was a wedding planner for many years and I know that my brides went through all sorts of things. Your head is spinning now, likely thinking about the dozens of things that will need to get done for your wedding so your concentration likely isn't strictly focused on the diet. You've lost a bunch of weight and you're doing terrific.

Try to remember, though, that you're not losing weight only for your wedding. Hopefully you're looking at this as a way to keep the weight off for the rest of your life.

Do you know why you're cheating? Are you bored? Anxious? Caught up with pre-wedding festivities? What's happening?

What are you cheating on? Are you diving into the cookie jar so to speak? Are you just making bad choices?

At this point, you should be nearing doing your MOMOs so you do have some latitude but you still have to keep your eye on your goal and decide how much you want to lose and what you're willing to sacrifice now to get there.

When you cheat, how do you feel afterward? Are you okay that you've gone off plan or do you suffer regret from a splurge? Then you have to ask yourself if it's all worth it to go off plan. After all the only one you're helping (or hurting) is yourself.

If there is some specific way we can help, let us know. We're all here to cheer you and each other on. We want you to succeed as much as you do.

So let us know how we can help re-energize you to continue toward your goal.
Phyllis

Height: 5'2
SW - 177.6
Goal! - 132
Returning Weight - 143
CW - GOAL AGAIN!!!

Posted Image

Before JC with hubby and nephews in 2006/After JC (2nd time) in 2011

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,877 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

Get out those bridal magazines, come on I know you must have some, get the scissors and cut out some pics of some pretty models in pretty wedding dresses now tape them to the fridge, and bathroom mirrors! Get out a tube of lipstick and write on the bathroom mirror: this is gonna be me in _____ days! Hope this motivates you, cause it sure would me!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Asc341

Asc341

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

Thank you ladies, so many great ideas. The last two weeks have been crazy, I've been incredibly busy at work, things with the wedding have been so busy, plus I've been helping my mom deal with her house (my childhood home) that was completely destroyed in Sandy. We've had a lot of birthday celebrations lately (3 in one week!) and I just wasn't strong enough this week to make better dinner choices (although they were generally good meal choices, just too much volume,) and to hold off on the extra glasses of wine. In other words, life happened in a big way this week!

Besides that, my old eating habits of excess, excess and more excess have come back. I want to eat everything in sight. Besides the dinner dates, my DF ordered pizza (I stuck to Jenny dinner,) and after he wrapped the extra slices to put in the fridge he took the dog out, which is when I took an extra slice out of the fridge and ate it. Binging/closet eating at it's worst. I'm so embarrassed I haven't even told him, and I tell him everything!

I feel terrible when I've got a moment like my pizza slip. I don't like to make excuses for myself with anything, so I've taken all the failures to heart. I've tried making up for it, skipping snacks and what not, but I hate to do that and I know that it's not fixing my real problem here - balance.

My WI is tomorrow, and I'm expecting another gain in a big way. I exercised today for the first time in two weeks, so while it won't help me on the scale, I'm hoping it will help change my mindset. I'm with JC for the long-haul (at least another 10 lbs and a year of maintenance,) so I know that in the long run, I'll get there. But for right now, this is HARD!

Thanks again for your time Phyllis and A Red Dress!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users