Photo

Mexican food at the mexican restaurant today...OMG!!!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

So after we left my Dad's house today my husband asked if I wanted to go out to lunch, and I said ok...he asked me where and since I have been absolutely dying for mexican food, (I grew up eating it) and I am craving it big time, I told him mexican at Pancho's! He looked at me and said o.k if that is what you want...I proceeded to tell him: I've been so good and I haven't gone off forever so I am just gonna have it! He said whatever you want to do is fine with me, I support you. So for some reason I brought my low cal dressing in my purse (kinda strange, since I had it in my mind all morning I was going to get to Pancho's one way or the other) I looked at the menu and at the bowl of chips the waitress sat down, that my husband had already started to devour and thought why am I going to do this? I really should try to order healthy and I can since I brought my l.c. dressing! I asked the waitress if they would make me 2 soft tacos with chicken and lettace and onion + tomatoe and only warm the corn tortillas on the grill with no oil? She said no we fry the tortillas softly, sorry we can't do it that way? So I told her we'd need more time. I said to my husband oh great now I guess I'm gonna have to just go off! He said yeah just go off! (He was just trying to say what he thought I wanted to hear) Well it sure wasn't that! Anywho...I asked the waitress could they just give me a warm tortilla with chicken, lettace, tomatoe, and onion but no beans or cheese, kinda like a tostada? She said yes we can do that! (Isn't that what a soft taco is, which is what I asked for in the beginning? Geez!
So that is what I had with a salad with my own dressing and NO CHIPS! My husband had my favorite: a chesse enchilada, and beef taco! It looked so good, but I am so glad I had what I ordered. I feel so proud of myself, no guilt and no starving the rest of the day to try and repair the damage I did (which is what I use to do) :D My husband told me how proud he was of me! Guess who is going to start watching their weight too? My husband is going to try and drop 10-15#'s! See it is possible to influence others without even saying a word! BIG NSV!!!

**Need to add that I didn't start out with the intention of being so strong and sticking to the plan, just glad it happened though. I guess the more I do it the easier it will get.**
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 france exchange

france exchange

Prudie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Congratulations on standing firm. You did great! When you are doing MOMO's have your JCC help you with how to count 1 cheese enchilada with sauce. 1 might not fill you up, but that's what the veggies are for, lol.
Cool NSV that you are a role model for DH, too!
New goal--170

Posted Image
            Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Prudie

Posted Image

Back in the saddle again!  Caught myself due to clothes being too tight.  Thank goodness I got rid of the big clothes!
Started January 23, 2012 at 275 lb.

#3 FaizaYagi

FaizaYagi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

Yayyy! You got your mexican!!! I am obsessed with Chipotle which is not quite authentic but delicious burritos/burrito bowls none the less... Well I got a stark wake up when the thing I was eating (much scaled back from my pre-JC order) was out into their nutrition calculator. I went from eating something at 1560 calories!!! to near 600... an improvement but now that I've lost a lot of weight, it's hard to fit that type of splurge in even as a meal on my own... wahhh... but I know it will still be something I have. Just once every month or do... not once a week. I wish EVERY restaurant had that type of calculator!! It would help so much. Check it out: http://www.chipotle....calculator.aspx

Total Loss 85.2 Prior to pregnancy in 2013

My Weight Loss/Life Journey Blog: http://jessicafaiza.blogspot.com

Start weight Sept. 2012: 271.4 lbs

Weight prior to pregnancy 2014: 187.2

Jessica "Faiza" Yagi

1157666_10101584879974698_870074806_n.jp

1504087_10101458953926508_1656941785_n.j

#4 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

Faiza:
Wow...that is way cool.
Didn't know about that thanks!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 BlueEyedAngel

BlueEyedAngel

Hannah Banana

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

I am going to print these stories off and take them with me when I go into town and have a chance to eat out at resturants! You guys astound me with your self reserve! I know it'll come back and bite me, but I tend to just edit a little bit..and I'd never be able to say not to a toastada and chips and salsa at our local mexican joint. I guess its a good thing we live thirty miles out of town! I imagine I'd be eating out more! You go girl! :)

♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•Hannah•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.

bBw0m7.png

Forum Abbreviation Definitions

How to Get A Ticker For Your Signature

How to Post Pictures In Your Signature

♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥• ¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.

#6 BlueEyedAngel

BlueEyedAngel

Hannah Banana

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

Yayyy! You got your mexican!!! I am obsessed with Chipotle which is not quite authentic but delicious burritos/burrito bowls none the less... Well I got a stark wake up when the thing I was eating (much scaled back from my pre-JC order) was out into their nutrition calculator. I went from eating something at 1560 calories!!! to near 600... an improvement but now that I've lost a lot of weight, it's hard to fit that type of splurge in even as a meal on my own... wahhh... but I know it will still be something I have. Just once every month or do... not once a week. I wish EVERY restaurant had that type of calculator!! It would help so much. Check it out: http://www.chipotle....calculator.aspx

You make me want to try Chipotle! It sounds delish! I Think the closest is two hours away. I used my Dining Out Guide (tucked in my driver side door) when I started on JC. I realized that at Taco Bell a burrito supreme was so so much better than a quesadilla! So I switched. Did the same with a few other things. That guide has been a life saver! :)

♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•Hannah•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.

bBw0m7.png

Forum Abbreviation Definitions

How to Get A Ticker For Your Signature

How to Post Pictures In Your Signature

♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥• ¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.

#7 BG6813

BG6813

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:39 AM

Woah its a good thing you told me about that nutrition calculator- thats quite the eye opener!

#8 laura55

laura55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:01 PM

Sheila, came across this today and when I read you wanted to go to "Panchos" I was thinking : is she talking about my favorite Place for Mexican food? On Collins and Glassell? Love their food but haven't been there since I started JC. My favorite was the carne asada plate..now I'd have to divide it into 4 separate meals!
Beginning Weight 5/17/2013: 208 lbs
Goal Weight: whatever I weigh in on 8/08/14 will be it!

6/06/14. 148.1
6/13/14. 147.9
6/20/14. 146.5
6/27/14. 146.2. (6 weeks to goal!)
7/11/14. 145.2. (4 weeks to goal!)

It is never too late to be who you might have been. ~George Eliot

#9 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

Nope there is a Panchos in Long Beach that puts the Pancho's Restaurant in Orange to shame!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 mjsayshi

mjsayshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:39 AM

You were so strong! Congrats! So nice to not have the food "hangover" too, isn't it?

I love that more and more places are putting the calories RIGHT on the menu! It may not be exact, but it gives some measure! I wish they all did that!
Mj- I'm on the 10 week plan...hoping to get to goal by then! (Signed up for the year!) Slow but sure.... :o)

SW: 176.4
GW: 150
Week 1-4: -7.6
Week 5-8: -2.8
Week 9-12: -2.8
Week 13-17: +1.2 (It was a GREAT vacation!)
Week 18-22: -1.0 (HALFWAY!!)
Week 23-26: -0.5

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users