Photo

Does anyone else retain a lot of water during that time of the month?

Retain Water Weight Gain Bloated Time of month period

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Pixie01Angel

Pixie01Angel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

Help! :o Does anybody else retain water during that time of the month? :unsure: It seems like every time I go for me weigh in, and it is that time of the month, I am always about 1 lb heavier. It is something that always happens & my JCC tells me that I just retain a lot of water and not to worry about it because that is not my true weight. She also asked me if I was drinking enough water because not drinking the adequate amount makes it worse. Last week, before my weigh in, I upped my water intake to see if it would make a difference, but as you guessed it, it did not and I weighed 1 lb over from the last weigh in. :( Any advice as too what else I can do for that? I didn't know my body was like this until I joined JC and had to do a weekly weigh in. <_<
*¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•` ~Elena~

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 FaizaYagi

FaizaYagi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

I too see more bloating the week before my period but no real suggestions other than upping your water and maybe boosting your activity around that week.

Total Loss 85.2 Prior to pregnancy in 2013

My Weight Loss/Life Journey Blog: http://jessicafaiza.blogspot.com

Start weight Sept. 2012: 271.4 lbs

Weight prior to pregnancy 2014: 187.2

Jessica "Faiza" Yagi

1157666_10101584879974698_870074806_n.jp

1504087_10101458953926508_1656941785_n.j

#3 tylerbrandonsmom

tylerbrandonsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

I have the same problem and have to weigh in in the morning and am dreading it. I'm just hoping to be even tomorrow and then have a big drop next week. It is so frustrating to know that you have done the right things but don't see the results. But just keep in mind that you will have a good weigh in next week. I will also double my water intake today, hoping that I will show some sort of loss tomorrow. Hang in there.
Posted Image

**Cheryl**

September 2011 - Reached goal 160lb
Had baby May 2012

"If it's important to you then you will find a way, If it's not you will find an excuse."

#4 Pixie01Angel

Pixie01Angel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

I am hoping for the big drop but I am also going out of town this weekend :ph34r: Nervous!!!
Thanks for the info Tyler & Faiza!
*¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•` ~Elena~

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Pixie01Angel

Pixie01Angel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

I too see more bloating the week before my period but no real suggestions other than upping your water and maybe boosting your activity around that week.

BTW Faiza, lovin the new pics!
*¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•` ~Elena~

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 FaizaYagi

FaizaYagi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

Thanks!

Total Loss 85.2 Prior to pregnancy in 2013

My Weight Loss/Life Journey Blog: http://jessicafaiza.blogspot.com

Start weight Sept. 2012: 271.4 lbs

Weight prior to pregnancy 2014: 187.2

Jessica "Faiza" Yagi

1157666_10101584879974698_870074806_n.jp

1504087_10101458953926508_1656941785_n.j

#7 BlueEyedAngel

BlueEyedAngel

Hannah Banana

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

UGH, alas being a woman has a few downsides, and periods (to me) are one of them. I bloat too, and also go from craving something one moment, to not wanting to eat the next! Just try to drink lots of water, and get some excersize in. I drink a lot of tea during my period week.Its soothes my upset tummy and also adds more fluids, helping to flush out that water a bit more. :)

♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•Hannah•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.

bBw0m7.png

Forum Abbreviation Definitions

How to Get A Ticker For Your Signature

How to Post Pictures In Your Signature

♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥• ¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.

#8 Pixie01Angel

Pixie01Angel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

UGH, alas being a woman has a few downsides, and periods (to me) are one of them. I bloat too, and also go from craving something one moment, to not wanting to eat the next! Just try to drink lots of water, and get some excersize in. I drink a lot of tea during my period week.Its soothes my upset tummy and also adds more fluids, helping to flush out that water a bit more. :)

Thanks Blue-Eyed-Angel! What kind of tea? Chamomille?
*¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•` ~Elena~

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 BlueEyedAngel

BlueEyedAngel

Hannah Banana

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Thanks Blue-Eyed-Angel! What kind of tea? Chamomille?

I drink Chai tea, with a packet of fake sugar (sweet n low, splenda, ect.) and a splash of milk:) I drink it year round:) I also started drinking regular lipton tea (again with splenda & Milk). I imagine you can do whatever flavor you like:)

♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•Hannah•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.

bBw0m7.png

Forum Abbreviation Definitions

How to Get A Ticker For Your Signature

How to Post Pictures In Your Signature

♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥• ¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.

#10 Pixie01Angel

Pixie01Angel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

I drink Chai tea, with a packet of fake sugar (sweet n low, splenda, ect.) and a splash of milk:) I drink it year round:) I also started drinking regular lipton tea (again with splenda & Milk). I imagine you can do whatever flavor you like:)

Thanks! I love the Chai Tea!
*¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•` ~Elena~

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 Michele2013

Michele2013

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 05:49 AM

Yes, I relate. It is the week before my period and only week 2 only Jenny and I weighed in 1.4 pounds heavier. I was pretty bummed... I am also doing 2 MOMO each week. I wish I could do Jenny 7 days a week but it is just to expensive. my JCC suggested green tea... we shall see!! Take care ALL, Michele

#12 Pixie01Angel

Pixie01Angel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

Yes, I relate. It is the week before my period and only week 2 only Jenny and I weighed in 1.4 pounds heavier. I was pretty bummed... I am also doing 2 MOMO each week. I wish I could do Jenny 7 days a week but it is just to expensive. my JCC suggested green tea... we shall see!! Take care ALL, Michele

Thanks for weighing in Michelle! Next week you should see the drop as I did! It wasn't the drop I normally see but since I went out of town my goal for this weigh in was to remain the same. I actually saw a .4 lb drop AND I was weighed in the evening as opposed to the mornings on an empty stomach (the way I am usually weighed.) woohoo! <~~~ me being happy :D
*¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•` ~Elena~

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 laura8308

laura8308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:17 PM

yes i do all the time then once its gone the next weigh in i have dropped alot of pounds
SW-308
GW-140
Weight Loss Center - Your Online Weight Loss Support Group
Weight Loss Center - Your Online Weight Loss Support Group
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Retain Water, Weight Gain, Bloated, Time of month, period

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users