• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Grlpwrd

Grlpwrd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

Okay, I am nearing the end of my second week and I have been having CRAZY gas the past few days...anyone else dealing with this or know what the heck is going on? I have heard that the anytime bars cause it, others say the increased fiber intake. Simethicone (Gas X) is not helping and my stomach is just bubbling away :( Help!
Posted Image

Week 1: -1.6lbs 09/17/2012
Week 2: -2.2lbs 09/23/2012
Week 3: +1.8lbs 10/01/2012 (went to Disneyland this weekend)
Week 4: -5.2lbs 10/07/2012

#2 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,877 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

Welcome Grlpwrd!
Well I had problems in the beginning too! Not so much now but still sometimes. Yes I use Gas-X with these additional things: Anytime bars- I always drink a whole bottle or glass of water with them. If I happen to be gasie on a particular day I don't eat a gasie veg that day like: broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower you know gas producing vegies. You can also try to eat only 1/2 of the anytime bar at a time instead of the whole thing, that might help. Your system is getting use to this fiber that is being added to your food and your system will most likely adjust. Just keep drinking lots of water, and hang in there things should improve.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 gettin'skinny

gettin'skinny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

Some meals do this to me too. I say to keep walking and ignor the smell you leave behind.
2014 is going to be the year I reach my GOAL........... Bring it on!

#4 BlueEyedAngel

BlueEyedAngel

Hannah Banana

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

Welcome to JC! Yes, those pesky antime bars give HORRENDOUS gas to some of us! (myself included). One thing a lot of us did after the first weeks of explosive gas was to switch to pria bars. They are an even exchange, come in different flavors, can be bought a box at a time (drugstore.com or amazon.com) and they dont have that gassy side effect. Your consultant may challenge you a bit on them, but explain your gas problem and how you would like to discontinue the anytime bars, and you will purhcase the pria bars (not from jenny craig). Some consultants do understand, but if you wish to do it, just stand firm! I purchase mine through drugstore.com (free shipping on two boxes) and get the vanilla and mint chocolate flavors. best of all? No gas! :)

..Hope this helps! :)

♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•Hannah•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.

bBw0m7.png

Forum Abbreviation Definitions

How to Get A Ticker For Your Signature

How to Post Pictures In Your Signature

♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥• ¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.

#5 Grlpwrd

Grlpwrd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:17 PM

Thanks ladies! I will try the Pria bars. I hate the anytime bars anyways...$10.99 for those gross things felt like a ripoff anyways.
Posted Image

Week 1: -1.6lbs 09/17/2012
Week 2: -2.2lbs 09/23/2012
Week 3: +1.8lbs 10/01/2012 (went to Disneyland this weekend)
Week 4: -5.2lbs 10/07/2012

#6 Krisypinsker

Krisypinsker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

OMG Yes!! I thought I was going crazy.

Beano has helped with the increased vegetable intake.

#7 YayMe2013

YayMe2013

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:42 AM

I'm so glad someone brought up this topic. I'm Week 1, Day 4... and it's not pretty. The worst part for me... and this may sound crazy, is the bloated feeling, the gas just helps relieve it!!

thanks for the tips!

I'm so glad I found these forums...
Started JC: 8/11/2013

SW: 167
GW: 135

Week 1: ???

#8 sillygirl77

sillygirl77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:28 PM

Okay, I am nearing the end of my second week and I have been having CRAZY gas the past few days...anyone else dealing with this or know what the heck is going on? I have heard that the anytime bars cause it, others say the increased fiber intake. Simethicone (Gas X) is not helping and my stomach is just bubbling away :( Help!

I think it's the increased fiber. I'm dealing with the same thing.
Sillygirl aka Heather :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users