#1 DBRegatta

DBRegatta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:53 PM

Hello Everyone,

I have been searching and cannot find a recent topic for Canadian clients.

I would love to hear from some fellow Canadians...

I believe the menu and pricing is different for us.

Any Canadians out there want to share some thoughts?
A year from now you will wish you had started today!
Think about where you would be if you hadnt already started.
Remember to congratulate yourself for your progress.

Start    176.8    Dec 19, 2012

First Goal    170

Second Goal   169.8

Target Goal     154.3   Target Date - March 31, 2013

#2 DBRegatta

DBRegatta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:16 PM

test

First Goal    170

Second Goal   169.8

#3 DBRegatta

DBRegatta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:18 PM

Finally!  It works!  lol

First Goal    170

Second Goal   169.8

#4 gennybunny96

gennybunny96

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:00 AM

Hi, I'm from Calgary Alberta. I would love to stay in touch :)
Genevieve

Starting weight: 241.8. Current weight: 241.8  Goal: 155

#5 eieipad

eieipad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:52 AM

I'm in Ontario!

With Jenny, I've got GAME!  Guidance, Accountability, Motivation and Education.

"It is difficult to inspire others to accomplish what you haven't been willing to try.  So now, I try."

Posted Image

Started Jenny Craig on June 1, 2012

#6 DBRegatta

DBRegatta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:06 AM

Hey there!  Thanks for the reply :rolleyes:

eieipad:
Wow - you  lost 6.8 in only one week! I have never lost that number in a week - even combining two weeks.
Great job!

This year Ive been fairly consistent.  A few ups but mostly downs.
From Jan 2012 to now I am averaging just over -1lb per week.  I'm all good with that.
In the beginning though, the most I lost in one week was 3 lbs.

gennybunny96:  How is good ol' Calgary these days?  Maybe I shouldnt ask that - I heard a snip of the news last night and I hear there was a terrible accident at the Calgary stampede....horses died I think.

I'm 47 and I'm in Pitt Meadows BC
I re-started JC in Jan 2012.  I had 45 to lose just to get my BMI number in the 'normal' category.
I was in the Moderately Obese and now I'm almost out of the Overweight category.

My goal is to get into the Normal category - even if it's just squeeking into it at the top weight. :P
Right now I have 13.5 lbs to go to get there.

Its taking me a long time (6 months in so far)  but at least this time I managed to get to the half way point and it was a struggle for me to get passed that.  But here I am.

I'm not doing JC 100% anymore... (I did it 100% in Jan/Feb and half way through March)  but I do buy at least 3-4 days worth of food per week.  The rest is on my own so my progress is slower.  That's ok.  I need to get some practice in on making my own food anyway for future maintenance.

How are you folks doing?  I'm curious how other areas and centers work.

First Goal    170

Second Goal   169.8

#7 eieipad

eieipad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:14 AM

It was my first week and I have a lot to lose. It's pretty typical for me to have that kind of luck when I start something new. :)

Congrats on making it past halfway. That's awesome!

With Jenny, I've got GAME!  Guidance, Accountability, Motivation and Education.

"It is difficult to inspire others to accomplish what you haven't been willing to try.  So now, I try."

Posted Image

Started Jenny Craig on June 1, 2012

#8 andyb

andyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

Hey,

fellow Canadian from Vancouver here. I started 3 weeks ago and have A LOT to lose - I'm aboit 8lbs down as of now.
:
One quick question about the Canadian barsanyone else's teeth hurt when eating them? I don't have sensitive teeth, but I've noticed that when I eat the bars (especially the PB one), my teeth start to hurt... Is this happening to anyone else?

I'd love to keep in touch too!

Wishing you all a good weekend!

Overall goal

Posted Image

#9 gennybunny96

gennybunny96

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

Hi everyone. I too have quite a bit to lose and as of today my three week weigh in I am down 12 lbs.
And yes there was that tragic incident at the stampede and it saddens me that horses died. But I avoided The stampede this year, too crowded for my liking and at my weight wouldn't be much fun in the 30+ degree weather we had been having.

For the Canadian bar question, I don't eat them because I found the first time I did Jenny that they gave me lots of tummy upset. I found another product that I sub. I never had a problem with teeth sensitivity but I do remember them being very sweet.
Genevieve

#10 andyb

andyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:12 PM

They taste pretty good - and I haven't had any tummy issue with them (which was something that scared me after reading all the posts about the US Anytime bars!). But I would love to find an alternative (cheaper if possible - at $16 a box, over $2 a bar, it adds up...) - which ones do you eat?

Overall goal

Posted Image

#11 gennybunny96

gennybunny96

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:32 PM

Andyb, the ones I buy aren't a whole lot cheaper but so good. They are from weder and there is a cinammon roll one and a rocky road bar. I buy them at Walmart and can find the cinammon roll in a four pack for $5.88 so they work out to about $12 for a week
Genevieve

#12 andyb

andyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:42 PM

Thanks gennybunny!

I'll look for these - it'll at least be a little change from the JC bars! (and maybe my teeth won't hurt as much).
Cheers from BC!

Overall goal

Posted Image

#13 clj21

clj21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:07 AM

I took it that the 'Canadian Bars' were our vitamins and minerals for the day, more of a nutrition bar...maybe I got that wrong.  I've only been on the program a week!

I find them very dense and for the first 3 days, it took me the entire day to eat one.  Now, I just chew it, swallow it, and get it over with.  I'm really not that keen on them.  I'd rather take a vitamin supplement instead.

I've found the diet to be on the sweet side...I'm more of a salty person.  I'd rather eat some low fat cheese over a sweet snack any day.  If I carry on with purchasing the Jenny Cuisine brand (vs. on my own), I'll definately be subbing the sweets for the salts.

I'm from Ontario!  I dropped 3 pounds in the first week but need to add more exercise for sure.

#14 DBRegatta

DBRegatta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:42 PM

Sorry I havent been on here in a while....  I started this thread then dropped it for a while....  :blink:

I love the Bars.  I never have any problems with them at all so I cant relate.
I havent really looked for any substitutes for the bars because I really like them a lot.
It's my favourite part of the program.

I've been off plan for a bit and i've put on a couple of pounds.  I skipped weigh in last week but I can feel it.

I ate a TON of junk food over the last 2 weeks.  Chips and just plain old junk.  I guess I fell off the wagon...  I know it happens but I got carried away.  My own fault.  A little stress eating and a little loss of control while my schedule changed...

I have 2 students living with me for 3 weeks.  I stocked up on things for their lunches and guess who has been eating it all?  ME.

I have to learn to not stock up on anything.  If its there I obviously eat it.
(Cookies, chips, mini doughnuts)  All supposed to be their lunch snacks for the 3 weeks...

BTW I do feed them GOOD food (fruit, nuts, berries, cherries etc) not just junk - I give them a treat in every lunch - after all they are on summer vacation.

I need to control myself like I did in the beginning of the year.  For some reason I had no problem the first 6 months controling my volume of snacks.

Im just learning that it is hard to cook for others and stick to the plan.  I see people write about that all the time but now I know what it's like.  I'm learning this for the first time and I havent been doing very well.  It's all about dicipline and making the choice for myself and not just giving in to the easy thing... but BOY do I need to work on it more  :-)

ANYWAY...

I was thinking of doing an August Challenge.  What do all you Canadian buddies think?

I can use it as my new starting point.  I know I'll be higher than my last weigh in but I need a little incentive.  Would be nice to chat with you regularly....

For example  we could always post on here on Monday just to touch base ....

Whaddya say folks?  Up for that August Challenge with me?

My goal would be to make sure I have used my " work out with weights" tapes that I have had at home for years.
4 times per week.

My friend complemented me.  She said she noticed my weight loss in my arms and she thought I was starting to get some shape there.  That makes me want to work my arms to get more definition ...

First Goal    170

Second Goal   169.8

#15 andyb

andyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

Good to see you again DBRegatta! It sucks that things haven't been too great lately, but the important thing is, even though you had a momentary lapse, you're still willing to get back on track!

I know I'm the same when I have snacks in the house - I bought a few 100 cal snack packs, but it turns out I tend to wolf them down when I know I have them around. I'll just stick with the Jenny food and buy my own fruits and vegetables, and do breakfast on my own (been doing that since week 2, and it seems to be working out pretty well).

I went back to the fruit & nut bars, and I really like them. I actually look forward to my "bar break" each day! Definitely not going back to the PB ones...

I'm totally up for an August Challenge!
My goal would definitely be sticking to my workout sheet at least 5 days a week for the month of August - and losing at least another 10lbs (I have A LOT to lose!).

Count me in!

Overall goal

Posted Image

#16 gennybunny96

gennybunny96

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:47 AM

Count me in, for the last week and a half I've had to just count calories because I couldn't get to my centre to buy food. I won't be able to get there until Saturday and I am so happy to get back on the food. Everything was going well until last night, chips and ice cream were my downfall. I felt so sick after that. Today I am counting calories and will very strictly until I can get back to my centre. Oh how I miss Jenny!
Genevieve

#17 DBRegatta

DBRegatta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:47 AM

Great!

I have those 100 calorie packs too and do the exact same thing!

I was great for months where I was very diciplined and it didnt bother me having them here but something changed and I think I've had a bout of just giving up for a while.

I'm so close with less than 15 to lose now - If I want this done before the end of the year, I have to get to it and put some more focus into it.

I will weigh in on Monday August 6th. I will use my last WI as my starting point.  If I'm up - then I have to concentrate more for the rest of August.

My August challenge start weight 167.8

(I suspect I'll be up on Aug 6th since I only have 5 days to try to make up for 2 weeks of binging)

Goals:  To exercise 5 days a week
Goals:  To monitor what I eat and drink better

I'm glad I'm not the only one who substitutes other foods while on the program.  Sounds like everyone experiences the same concerns as I have.  

I dont know if you folks have any recipes to share for family meals that are 'easy to make'  balanced and healthy.  If you do - please share.  I'm trying to feed the students good food that I can eat and I need to do it on a tight budget.

First Goal    170

Second Goal   169.8

#18 gennybunny96

gennybunny96

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

I weigh in on Saturdays but I can post my weight from last week.
August starting weight: 234
Goal this week is to drink more water and move more. At least 30 mins a day
Genevieve

#19 andyb

andyb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:43 PM

My weigh-ins are on Thursdays - so I'll have my starting weight for August on the 2nd.

Same goal as both of you for this first week: move more (which is something I should be doing right now instead of typing this up <_< )

Overall goal

Posted Image

#20 DBRegatta

DBRegatta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

andyb
gennybunny96
Regatta

So it's ON!  :D

So help me understand something.  With these ""challenges" what determines success?
  In pounds lost?  or in BMI change?

End of Challenge - August 31 2012.

Since I've gained a couple pounds these last couple weeks Im not exactly sure how much I have left to lose now.
Lets say 15 to lose.
So I guess I should target to lose 7.5 in August.  That is not terribly aggressive but it wont be easy either.
My average is -1 lb per week over the last 6 months so this will be a tough target for me.

Looking forward to chatting with you more.

I'm off to a good start - last night I went to Dragon Boat practice and tonight I went to my rec center strength class.  :-)

** But - I hear trainers on TV saying 80% of weight loss/gain is due to what you eat and 20% from exercise.

I have to remind myself of this to focus more on the food... I think I'll be able to handle the exercise portion with little effort because I enjoy those things anyway.

Food consumption today wasnt bad.  No junk food (although the  night isnt over for me yet)
No JC food today but I ate better than the last 2 weeks - Even yesterday I had pizza hot dogs!!

I had the thiings I was forgetting to have - lots of water, fruit, salad and I watched the portions for the spaghetti dinner we had tonight - I used a JC plastic dinner container to portion out my meal.   So I feel good about this challenge already.

I hope my WI isnt worse than I expect.  I can feel the gain.

Ciao - and thanks again for joining me :-)

First Goal    170

Second Goal   169.8

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users