• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 txlatinhope

txlatinhope

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:37 AM

How much does the membership and food cost? I'm interested. I am a single mom of three girls Si I really hope that I can afford it.
Thank you!!

#2 gennybunny96

gennybunny96

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

I live in Canada and I paid $300 for the program and about $190 a week for food including fruits, vegetables and dairy product. Good luck on your weight loss journey :)
Genevieve

Starting weight: 241.8 Current weight: 235 Goal: 155

#3 I Called Jenny

I Called Jenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:41 PM

You know it's going to depend on a number of things. There are usually several "specials" going on. For instance right now there's a $20 for 20 lbs. special (plus the cost of food) and they often will let you just keep repeating that.

But if you have a lot of weight to lose, it usually runs around $300-$400 for a full membership that runs a year and then about $50 a year renewal (plus the cost of food).

Go in and talk to someone (just don't let them talk you into anything - go home and make a decision or come back here and tell us what you've learned, your goals, etc. and see if we can help).

JC is a FANTASTIC program (and I've been on virtually ALL of them) but this is the only one I was on where I not only lost the weight but I've learned how to eat so that I've been able to KEEP IT OFF!!!!

Hope you'll let us know how things are going and if there's anyway we can help. :)
Phyllis

Height: 5'2
SW - 177.6
Goal! - 132
Returning Weight - 143
CW - GOAL AGAIN!!!

Posted Image

Before JC with hubby and nephews in 2006/After JC (2nd time) in 2011

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 SydneyC

SydneyC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

I have spent about sixty a week on foods. My initial start up was about $159, but I guess the amount depends on the amount of weight you want to lose. I really stick to their lunches and dinners and I supply my own snacks and breakfast. I think you will find your grocery bill less, because I don't really shop for my food, I shop for the kids and my husband. Much less impulse buying.

#5 Tricia57

Tricia57

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:24 AM

I have a 100 #'s to lose. What will this cost me a month? Thanks

#6 Laurie S

Laurie S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:37 AM

Phyllis summed it up nicely. The cost is different for everybody. It depends on your plan and how much food you buy each week. When you first start the program it is always best to stick with only the recommended JC food. As time goes on and you learn more, you start to do MOMO (meals on my own) and you will see a decrease in your weekly food bill at JC. I thought it was too much money at first, but the reality is, it is an investment in me. It is worth it, the food is great, and I am worth every penny I spend on the program. I have been on 12 weeks and I am averaging about a pound a week weight loss. Hope this helps :)

Posted Image

#7 CldFront

CldFront

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:04 PM

I'm paying about $130 a week on average for the foods on the pre-filled meal plan at 1700 calories. I'm happy with my investment. I know I could put together my own 1700 daily calorie plan, but I'm not interested in investing the time and energy to do that at this point, and I'm happy with the weekly accountability and check-in with my consultant - that's a big part of what works for me to stay on target. HTH!

#8 Battkatt

Battkatt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

The cost is different for everyone, it just depends on how much food you buy from Jenny. Look for the sign up specials that are available, like loose all the weight you want for $40, then add in the cost of food. I spend about $119 a week on food and then I have to get fruits and veggies to supplement however, you can get those at our dollar store or the local farmers market. I am already buying fruits and veggies for my family so that really isn't an added expense.
Drop into a Jenny center and just talk to the consultant, see what you can work out, maybe you can go on Jenny for your breakfast and lunch and then do dinner on your own after the first few weeks of structured meals.
I look at the cost like this.....
I have lowered my cholesterol by a BUNCH, my asthma is under control so much better, I can walk up two flights of stairs without haveing breathing issues AND I don't have to buy my clothes at Lane Bryant or Torrid anymore. While the last comment may seem a bit odd let me tell you that shirts at either one of those places start at $34.95 each, and jeans.....$59.99-79.99! To be able to go into walmart or macy's and buy stuff off the rack (clearance or sale) is a blessing.
I have a lot of weight left to go, but I will do without a lot of things before I give up my Jenny food until I am able to control what I eat.
Let us know what you decied to do, we are all here to get through this together!

Kimberly
Posted Image

file://localhost/Volumes/FreeAgent%20Drive/Pictures/DCIM/103_PANA/P1030698.JPG

#9 eieipad

eieipad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:42 PM

I paid almost $600 (with a claim I got a discount) to sign up with the MM program (shame the band gives me blisters and a rash and I can barely use it) and spend between $161-$168 per week on Jenny food.

I used to cringe at the price but now I realize it's a great investment in me and ultimately probably cheaper than all the mid-week grocery store trips and twice daily Iced Capps. Plus the food is fantastic!

With Jenny, I've got GAME!  Guidance, Accountability, Motivation and Education.

"It is difficult to inspire others to accomplish what you haven't been willing to try.  So now, I try."

Posted Image

Started Jenny Craig on June 1, 2012

#10 KukaaKatchou

KukaaKatchou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:29 PM

I signed up for the 30$ 30 day plan. Here in Canada my week of food cost me about 150$, plus I bought fruits and vegetables - another 40$ or so.
Posted Image

Starting Weight: 187.6 lbs (Joined 12 week program)
Week 1: -2.0 lbs    Week 11: -1.8 lbs (sick all week)
Week 2: -3.0 lbs    Week 12: -0.4 lbs (ice cream!)
Week 3: -3.2 lbs    Week 13:  -1.2 lbs
Week 4: -2.2 lbs    Week 20:   158.6 lbs (29 lbs lost! 33.6 to go!)
Week 5: -2.4 lbs    Week 21:
Week 6: -1.0 lbs (after 4 days) Week 22:
Week 7: -3.0 lbs    Week 23:
Week 8: -1.8 lbs (Upgraded to Premium program!) Week 24:
Week 9: -1.4 lbs (20 lbs total!) Week 25:
Week 10: -1.8 lbs   Week 26:

#11 JayGee72

JayGee72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:50 AM

Hi! I started two weeks ago on the $30 plus food plan and paid $372 for my first two weeks of food, plus shipping cost for Jenny At Home. They sent a "two-week starter sample" selected by JC. Some of the items were very tasty. Some of it was awful and got thrown in the garbage. So I'm planning my next order and selecting the food I want. It has been very convenient to come home after a long day and eat whatever was listed on my 1200 calorie meal plan, and by choosing those items I like, there should be no more wasted food. My counselor told me the food ran about $150 a week until I start making MOMOs (meals on my own).

So here is my question, is there a list for the cost of each food item? If so, where? I think members should have all of the information they need to make educated decisions about the nutrition and cost of their food selections.

Thanks, and I look forward to your responses.

#12 nykolel

nykolel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

is there a monthly plan?

#13 Tedsbikerbabe

Tedsbikerbabe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:28 AM

I do the program from home and I purchase a month's worth of food at one time, and then they mail you two weeks of food at a time.
Carmen

Posted Image

"I've been on a constant diet for the last two decades. I've lost a total of 789 pounds. By all accounts, I should be hanging from a charm bracelet." - ERMA BOMBECK.

#14 matt from nj

matt from nj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

I joined on a $1 a lb promo for $50. The first week I spent about $125. I started doing my own meal, dessert & snack substitutions on week 2, so it went down from there.

As others have said, it is an investment in yourself. The best thing you can do is to join when they have a promo to offset the $400 yearly fee.
Posted Image

My MOMO's
http://community.jen...y-509-my-momos/

"I don't cheat, I moderate"

I joined Jenny starting on a diet and it has changed into a journey to my new healthy lifestyle.  I won't be on maintenance, I'll be living my new life.

Week 1----> -3.8
Week 2----> -4.4
Week 3----> -2.4
Week 4----> -2.2
Week 5----> -3.8
Week 6----> -5.6
Week 7----> -2.0
Week 8----> -4.4
Week 9----> -1.6
Week 10---> -2.2
Week 11---> +.4
Week 12---> -3.6
Week 13---> -3.8
Week 14---> +4.8
Week 15---> - 8.4
Week 16---> -.4
Week 17---> -3.4
Week 19---> -4.4
Week 22 ---> -2 lbs

22 Weeks and 54.8 lbs lost

Total------->  59.9 ----  Hit my original goal of 50 lbs and went to 60 lbs loss in total.

Before

Posted Image

June

Posted Image

8/25/12

Posted Image

Posted Image

3/20/2013 - almost 6 months in maintenance

#15 rckrbaby85

rckrbaby85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:49 AM

I agree with Battkatt and cannot wait to stop shopping at Lane Bryant and be able to go back to shopping at Target for my clothes, or be able to go into any store I want adn try on regular size clothes and have them fit.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

June 2012 Before JC, September 2012 -14.2, November 2012 -23.6

Posted Image

Birthday Goal 4/23 (started 1/13)

Posted Image

#16 MommomG

MommomG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

[quote name='rckrbaby85' timestamp='1344275372' post='672185']
I agree with Battkatt and cannot wait to stop shopping at Lane Bryant and be able to go back to shopping at Target for my clothes, or be able to go into any store I want adn try on regular size clothes and have them fit.
[/quote]

Yes! This is my biggest thing! I was tired of shopping at Plus size stores. Now I buy my clothes at stores like Target and refuse to shop at a plus size store now! For years I wore maternity and wasn't even pregnant.

#17 SandyMM

SandyMM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

I was able to go thru my insurance on a month program free plus cost of food. At end of 3rd week I decided the plan was for me and purchased the year program. As far as food costs go.....If I really added up everything I used to buy at the store plus all the food purchase at restaurants and fast food.....I really think I'm spending less. And eating much healthier.
Sandy
wk 1 - 3.0 total 3.0
wk 2 - 4.0 total 7.0
wk 3 - 3.4 total 10.4

Posted Image

#18 RandomMongol

RandomMongol

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:40 AM

**My estimates are for someone here in the US...FL to be specific**

My husband and I average around $150 a week for JC food...but often we buy extras that you don't have to (such as you can do your own syrup and dressing as opposed to buying JC stuff...just ask your JC counselor what you need to buy to substitute). Take daily vitamins and you don't need their "Anytime" bars and that is another way to save. That is what hubby and I do. You could probably get by on $120-$130 per week plus the cost of veggies, fruits and dairy. The cost of fruits, veggies and dairy will depend on your own ability for power shopping. If you are a bargain hound, you could likely get what you need for super cheap.

Wait for the $20lbs for $20 deal (many times they offer it near the end of the year for New Year's resolutions peoples). Like Phyllis said earlier, they will often let you keep repeating that deal. They want your money for the food stuffs so it's in their best interest to let you keep doing that deal.
Success cannot be reasonably expected
without proper preparation and a positive attitude.

Posted Image

Personal Blog:  http://pee-on-the-carpet.blogspot.com/

#19 FaizaYagi

FaizaYagi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

I started with the half off one year program and with my first week of food included my start price was $320. I also average about 120 per week at Jenny and maybe 20 a week for veggies etc...

Total Loss 85.2 Prior to pregnancy in 2013

My Weight Loss/Life Journey Blog: http://jessicafaiza.blogspot.com

Start weight Sept. 2012: 271.4 lbs

Weight prior to pregnancy 2014: 187.2

Jessica "Faiza" Yagi

1157666_10101584879974698_870074806_n.jp

1504087_10101458953926508_1656941785_n.j

#20 aimpep

aimpep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:06 AM

I'm surprised at the low price people have been paying. I just started this past week, with free membership plus cost of food. I had to pay $600.00 for two weeks of food. I lost 2 lbs in one week.
Anyone else paying this? I'm in the 1200 Day calorie plan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users