• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Chzcayke1

Chzcayke1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:09 PM

[color="#b22222"][font=georgia,serif]Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone has ever come off of a low carb diet and then go to JC? Actually, if I am very honest, my low carb diet has become much more high carb, which would explain the ten-15 pounds I want to get rid of![/font][/color]

#2 I Called Jenny

I Called Jenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

I guess we've come to JC from all sorts of "diets" so to speak - both good and bad.

And while JC is low in carbs - in comparison to other diets - it's more balanced between carbs and proteins. You can have all the non-carb veggies you want but you will definitely have carbs, protein and fat included into every meal which makes it more balanced and easier to live with on a long-term basis because you aren't "depriving" yourself of any food group but rather you're being more careful of portion control.

I'll be honest. I've been on every diet known to mankind and while I lost weight on most of them, I wasn't able to sustain it. On JC, I lost the 45 lbs. and pretty much kept it off for about 5 years (with a slight detour last year but I lost that weight and have once again been maintaining).

Try it! You like it! :)
Phyllis

Height: 5'2
SW - 177.6
Goal! - 132
Returning Weight - 143
CW - GOAL AGAIN!!!

Posted Image

Before JC with hubby and nephews in 2006/After JC (2nd time) in 2011

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Jo_28423

Jo_28423

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:26 PM

Been on several diets, lost what I needed to about 4 years ago, but had some problems and gained back, eating was my medication for depression. I went back on this diet and lost 8 pounds in 3 months,,,,,not what I wanted, so I tried a very heard of low carb diet, the first night I was so hungry I told my fiance' that I could not do this, I could not starve like that, the next day I happened to walk past a Jenny's. Have loved it, Haven't lost a lot in the three weeks about 5 pounds BUT the inches on my mid section is 4 inches less that when I started out. I don't care what the scale says, it's that tape measure that gets me to smile or cry. I have to say I love absolutly love Jenny's.

#4 Laurie S

Laurie S

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 920 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:15 AM

I agree with Phyllis :)

Posted Image

#5 Insanity

Insanity

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:11 PM

[quote name='Chzcayke1' timestamp='1337746161' post='661803']
[color=#b22222][font=georgia,serif]Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone has ever come off of a low carb diet and then go to JC? Actually, if I am very honest, my low carb diet has become much more high carb, which would explain the ten-15 pounds I want to get rid of![/font][/color]
[/quote]

I have and have found JC to be more effective because you don't deprive yourself of all the food groups. Good luck! ;-)
Insanity Rollergirl

Posted Image

#6 sandooch

sandooch

Gif fanatic ♥

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

I used to lose very well doing high carb diets10 or more years ago, but once I hit around 47 years old, those same low-carb diets didn't work nearly as well as they used to. Yes, I was still eating a large amount of high-protein/low-carb foods like I used to when I lost on it years earlier, but now that my metabolism is slowing down (thanks menopause), it finally hit me on the head with a ton of bricks that I would have to start counting calories if I was going to lose weight from this point on, whether it be with low-carb foods or any other foods. Duh!

But coming off of high-protein diets and starting on Jenny Craig did not cause any initial weight gain, if this is what you're asking? In fact I lost around 8 pounds on my first week and 3 the next.

3tKH.gif

jack_o_lantern13.gif Join the Spooktacular Halloween Challenge here:http://community.jen...lenge★☾★/ jack_o_lantern13.gif

PicMonkeyCollageEaster2014_zps4c7943c9.j

If you hate starting over...STOP giving up!!!

#7 BumbleBee205

BumbleBee205

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

I get exhausted thinking about the low carb diet. This is day 2 for me on J.C. and I have no issues yet. I enjoy not having to think about food all the time. I was on Atkins and miserable for months on end. This is much better!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users