• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CobbleCreek

CobbleCreek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:12 PM

I have been reading about the food cost and its pretty pricey but workable, but whatI am wondering is Is there a first time fee or a monthly fee to join? or is it just food cost? thanks

#2 I Called Jenny

I Called Jenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:05 AM

You know there are a variety of plans that range from around $20-$30 for a limited time and up to around $400. All of that is plus the cost of food and there are payment plans on the higher cost programs.

It will depend on how much you need to lose and possibly how long it will take you to lose it.

Your best bet is to make an appointment and talk to them. There are always promotions running and you're under no obligation to sign up for any of them but since the memberships fees seems to change all of the time, it's definitely worth having a one-on-one discussion at a center. And if you live too far from a center and will be an at-home person doing weekly phone consultations, call the 800 number so that you can get your questions answered about costs.

But I will say, it's the best investment in myself that I ever made. :)

Good luck! Let us know if you're going to be joining us. We'd love to cheer you on. :)
Phyllis

Height: 5'2
SW - 177.6
Goal! - 132
Returning Weight - 143
CW - GOAL AGAIN!!!

Posted Image

Before JC with hubby and nephews in 2006/After JC (2nd time) in 2011

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 moviegirl

moviegirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:42 PM

and check your health insurance plan. Mine paid 25% of my program fee. And if you have an HSA or FSA call the admnistrator. I could pay the rest of the program fee (and also my gym memebership) with HSA dollars as I had a medical reason to lose weight (high blood pressure and high cholesterol) you cant pay the food with this but honeslty Im not spending tha much more on food alone on the program.
Already lost 50+ pounds on Jenny Craig within the past year but these last 10-15 lbs are taking forever. Because of a few lapses. Determined and back on track to get to goal and stay there! Jenny works.

#4 barb_

barb_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:12 PM

Wow! I never thought of that. Asking my insurance to help pay for the program. I am 60 years old. I have high BP, diabetes, cholesterol, gout, and sleep apnea. Talk about goals!!!!

I first signed up for Trial but then paid $399 for Premier. Got $50 off first order. My meals are getting cheaper now that I have learned a lot about the veggies, and for breakfast, I mostly measured out the cereal and then found a corresponding cereal serving to buy by the box at the grocery store. And yes, you have to not just look at calories. Sodium and even sugars can hurt you. Special K is a good one.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 hannahbelle

hannahbelle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:26 AM

Like the pp said-- call the 800 number to find out specifics....or do the Jenny Set Go-- it's just 28 days. It'll give you a taste of what it's like before making the huge financial committment of the yearly membership fee.

Btw- the yearly membership fee actually works out less than other diet programs that charge a monthly fee-- the main difference is they want it all upfront-- even on the payment plans. The payment plan is just over 4 months (initial fee then 3 monthly payments).

I'm on week 2 of the Jenny Set Go 28 day membership and have been considering the full year already. It's been 100% worth every penny.
Learning this for MY life...

Month 1:  -5.5 inches
Month 2:  -6.5 inches (-12.0 total)
Month 3:  -4.5 inches (-16.5 total)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users