7 replies to this topic

#1 skinnygirlKT

skinnygirlKT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:10 AM

So not entirely too long ago I was complaining about not feeling anything different. Another member told me one day she woke up and suddenly things started fitting better. I think I had my AHA moment today! Lately various family members have said it looked like I was losing weight, although I didn't feel anything myself. Well this morning I got up, looked in the mirror and was like... hrhhhmmm I think I look different! So I grabbed a pair of jeans and low and behold they are MUCH looser than last time I put them on! I still have a long way to go, but darnit I feel GOOD today!!!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Blessed4Life2

Blessed4Life2

(:Forum Optimistologist:)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,977 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:20 AM

Well good for you gf......go and strut your stuff!!!! :P

I think we often dont see/feel a difference b/c we are transforming so slow....but others often will see the difference and thats makes us feel ohhhh soooo goodddd......gives you motivation too!

10 lbs makes a HUGE difference. Just after losing 10 lbs my bp and blood sugars came down.....not to mention my knees felt better.

This is from a thread I posted some time ago about the benefits of losing JUST 10 lbs:

1. A Lower Cholesterol Level

Exercise and a healthy diet will help increase your HDL cholesterol, which is the "good" type of cholesterol that stops LDL from depositing on your artery walls. Ten pounds of weight loss can lower cholesterol by more than 10%.

2. Lower Blood Pressure

Losing 10 pounds will decrease your blood pressure, protecting your heart and kidneys.

3. Reduced Risk for Heart Attacks

As mentioned above, weight loss lowers your blood pressure and cholesterol. Incredibly, just 10 pounds of weight loss can result in a greater than 50% risk reduction for heart attacks.

4. Reduced Risk for Dementia

Nearly half of Americans have too much visceral fat, the abdominal fat that surrounds your internal organs, visible in their protruding bellies. The danger is this: visceral fat contains cells that release inflammation-causing chemicals in the body, which can cause memory loss and increase your chances of developing dementia.

5. Reduced Risk for Sleep Apnea

Losing just 10 pounds can widen your windpipe, helping you sleep through the night and reduce your risk for developing sleep apnea. And when you sleep well, your levels of leptin (the hormone that signals when you've had enough to eat) rise. So, a good night's sleep will help you lose even more weight.

6. Reduced Joint Pain

As you lose weight and reduce the pressure on your joints, the cushioning between your bones will build back up. A 10 pound weight loss over 10 years may result in as much as a 50% decrease in your odds of developing osteoarthritis.

7. Reduced Risk for Cancer

The risk for many types of cancers declines when you lose weight, but it's particularly true for breast and uterine cancer, where losing only 8 pounds can significantly reduce the levels of specific carcinogenic hormones.

8. Reduced Risk for Diabetes

The more excess weight on your body, the less sensitive your cells become to insulin, the hormone that manages the movement of sugar into your cells. Being overweight puts you at huge risk for developing type 2 diabetes, where your body's cells become resistant to insulin and cannot function properly as a result. By getting active and controlling your weight, you can increase your response to insulin. A weight loss of 10 pounds can reduce your chance of getting diabetes by 60%.

9. Improved Sex Life

Your sex drive is affected by high blood pressure and diabetes, conditions you're likely to have if you're overweight. Additionally, erectile dysfunction can be a problem for as many as 80% of obese and overweight men.

10. Taking Less Medications

Even if you only reduce the dosage you currently need for high blood pressure or diabetes, you'll still save money on your prescriptions. A recent study estimated that cutting just 100 calories a day could prevent or eliminate 71.2 million cases of obesity and save $58 billion annually in the United States.
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•`
MeLissa~

Posted Image

"reached my goal (-64 lbs) and now ROCKIN' maintenance....WooHoooooo"

#3 nancy5012

nancy5012

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 07:45 AM

skinnygirlkt - yes it is amazing what 10 pounds off will do!! It takes me about 10 pounds to drop a size.

Good for you and keep up the great work!
Nancy

Do or do not....there is no try Posted Image

Posted Image

My Weight Chart:
Posted Image
>

Posted Image

#4 kwads

kwads

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 09:47 AM

That is so great. I was sort of feeling the same way. I have dumbbells at home. I decided to carry around 29lbs of them for the weight i've lost! Ummmm....it was sooooooooo difficult. It really helped me put in perspective what I have lost. So if ever you feel discouraged pick up something that weighs what you lost and you will realize just how much you have accomplished. Keep up the great work! :D
God bless,
Kayla

Posted Image
January 2012

Posted Image
July 2013....at a concert
Posted Image
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyways.
- Earl Nightingale

#5 BlueEyedAngel

BlueEyedAngel

Hannah Banana

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

Congratulations on your weight loss! Just imagine how great ten pounds feels, twenty is twice as amazing!:)

♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•Hannah•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.

bBw0m7.png

Forum Abbreviation Definitions

How to Get A Ticker For Your Signature

How to Post Pictures In Your Signature

♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥• ¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.•♥•.¸¸.

#6 happineff

happineff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

Way to go, girl! I simply LOVE those "Aha" moments. You will probably experience many of them as you continue, and my oh my are they ever sweet! And of course getting compliments on your weightloss from others = priceless! Keep up the amazing work and let those compliments start rolling in! You will be amazed! :D

~ happineff ~ ♥ ~ Hannah ~

‎"Victory is won not in miles but in inches. Win a little now, hold your ground, and later win a little more."

Posted Image

¸¸.•*"♪♫ •*¨*• .¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨ *•♫ ♪"♪♫•*¨* •.¸¸ ♥ ¸¸.•*¨*• ♫♪"♪♫ •*¨*•. ¸¸♥

Posted Image

THE FINAL STRETCH!!!! Can I reach GOAL by August 17th?

Posted Image

#7 I Called Jenny

I Called Jenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

Yeah, all those good things Melissa said! :)

Seriously, congrats! It's a nice NSV and I hope you see MANY more of them in the near future.

Whooooooo-hooooooo!!!!! :)
Phyllis

Height: 5'2
SW - 177.6
Goal! - 132
Returning Weight - 143
CW - GOAL AGAIN!!!

Posted Image

Before JC with hubby and nephews in 2006/After JC (2nd time) in 2011

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 anticipating2011

anticipating2011

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

Congratulations!! Isn't that the best feeling ever, when you yourself can finally see and feel the difference? Don't get me wrong, it's great to hear other people's compliments on your progress, but it's nothing like seeing and feeling it for yourself to really make you feel good and keep you motivated! Congrats again!!
Posted Image

Starting Weight 169.6
Goal Weight 122 (Or whatever weight makes me comfortable.)

Week 1 ? Week 7 ? Week 13 ?
Week 2 ? Week 8 ? Week 14 ?
Week 3 ? Week 9 ? Week 15 ?
Week 4 ? Week 10 ? Week 16 ?
Week 5 ? Week 11 ? Week 17 ?
Week 6 ? Week 12 ? Week 18 ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users