Photo

Substituting JENNY food with STORE BOUGHT frozen food!!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ebarajas

ebarajas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

Just finishing day #4 on JC...I am a returning member. Started in 2005 then in 2008 and restarted again April 23, 2012. Third times a charm!!!...I hope.

I have been comparing nutritional facts from the frozen food section and the grocery store like... L.Cuisine and W.W. I've noticed that the nutritional contents are very similar on lots of items (within 20-30 calories, same or more protien and fiber), but are alot cheaper. I was thinking of substituting some meals with those. Has anyone tried it? Do you recommend it? Why or why not? Please help

I'm doing everything the plan says right now...but thinking of personalizing my menu next week! I'm not getting off the program...just subbing some items.

Any advice is greatly appreciatied,

Liz :rolleyes:

P.S. are whole pickles a bad snack?...its in the unlimited free section!
Lizzie B
~~~Third Times a Charm~~~

#2 happineff

happineff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

Hi Liz! Welcome back to Jenny!

Frozen meals at the grocery store can be a cheaper alternative to Jenny meals, but read those labels carefully before substituting them! I understand that those kinds of frozen meals often have a LOT more sodium in them. Jenny products are specifically made to be low sodium which is part of why their entire program is so effective! Too much sodium = water retention! I would personally encourage you to closely follow your Jenny menus since you're only on Day 4. The program is carefully designed and perfectly balanced with the first four weeks, so try to follow it as closely as possible for best results!

I haven't substituted frozen grocery meals on program yet, so I can't say from experience whether it will hamper your weight loss. I figure once I reach maintenance I would give them a try. The WW "right ones" meals are a good place to start!

Also pickles are fine to incorporate as your volumizing veggie, but not too many! They also have the potential to be much higher in sodium, so be careful how many you eat! :)

~ happineff ~ ♥ ~ Hannah ~

‎"Victory is won not in miles but in inches. Win a little now, hold your ground, and later win a little more."

Posted Image

¸¸.•*"♪♫ •*¨*• .¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨ *•♫ ♪"♪♫•*¨* •.¸¸ ♥ ¸¸.•*¨*• ♫♪"♪♫ •*¨*•. ¸¸♥

Posted Image

THE FINAL STRETCH!!!! Can I reach GOAL by August 17th?

Posted Image

#3 Blessed4Life2

Blessed4Life2

(:Forum Optimistologist:)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,977 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:11 AM

I agree with Hannah about the Pickles.....be VERY careful and dont eat too many. I personally stay away from them....sodium is too high for my comfort and I will swell just looking at them. lol. I think JC should put a "caution" about sodium next to them when they are listed as an unlimited free though.

As far as subbing with LC and WW meals....I believe it can be done, under much scrutiny of course. Sounds like you have done your research but as Hannah said, look at the sodium......some have far less than others ( which is def in your favor) and are pretty comparable to JC. I certainly wouldnt recommend subbing every meal with these but partially may work.

Come back and let us know how your doing.
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•`
MeLissa~

Posted Image

"reached my goal (-64 lbs) and now ROCKIN' maintenance....WooHoooooo"

#4 dijarm

dijarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

All i can say is I substitued meals with WW and LC thru my whole weight loss journey and during maintenance do to the lack of vegetarian meals with JC. Clearly i reached my goal and have maintained since august. As for pickles.....I eat a handful everyday with lunch. ultimately, everybody loses weight differently what works for one may not for another. I say give it a go and if you aren't seeing the results you want then stick with the JC food.
Started March 10, 2011
height-5'7
sw-195
1st goal-170
2nd goal-150 Aug. 2011 and still lost more!
maintenance weight-145

2.5 YEARS OF MAINTENANCE!! WHOOHOO!

http://i1090.photobu...an/Untitled.jpg[/img]Posted Image

#5 ebarajas

ebarajas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

Thank you dijarm, blessed4life2 and happineff for you advice:)

Just got back from my 1 week weigh-in and I'm down 7.4lbs!!!! (just strickly JC food). I will be substituting some meals (about 30%) with my own or store bought this coming week, but I will stick to the JC plan of eating. Just need to cut some costs because my husband isnt working at the moment:(

Very excited for this next week,

Liz :D
Lizzie B
~~~Third Times a Charm~~~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users