Jenny v Medifast v Nutrisystem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 SandraHoutz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

I would love to hear any and all opinions on all THREE of these programs ... I am needing something and they all seem to offer quality options ... and why doesn't Jenny share the prices without having to talk to someone first? that's annoying ...

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:31 AM

I have been on all three and the best way to describe the difference is..... the taste!! Jenny food is SO SO SO SO much better. It is actually food you can enjoy eating. Bottom line.

No matter what happens, we always have a choice. Even when it seems that there is no option, there is always something else that can be done. What happens in our lives is the result of decisions that we make.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
5/29/2011 - The beginning 6/9/2012 - HALFWAY! August 2011 July 2012
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 I Called Jenny

I Called Jenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:04 AM

I've got to agree with Debbie. It's the convenience and the taste! Just thinking about Medifast and Nutrisystem makes my taste buds twist - and not in a good way! LOL

If you want to learn how to eat properly and in a way you can do to lose the weight and keep it off for the rest of your life, JC is the one program I can TRULY and HAPPILY recommend. I can't say the same about the other programs.

As far as the prices are concerned, it's because there are several programs that they offer. The "full" program is about $400 plus the cost of food. But if you want to "try" the program, they do have a 30 days for $30 program (plus the cost of food - which runs about $125 to $150 a week if you stick strictly with JC food). But there are a few little ways to cut some of those costs if that's important with you.

Hope that helps! :)

Height: 5'2
SW - 177.6
Goal! - 132
Returning Weight - 143

Posted Image

Before JC with hubby and nephews in 2006/After JC (2nd time) in 2011

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 cdgoldilocks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

Before I joined JC this time, I was on Nutrisystem. I have used JC before in the past (I use JC to lose baby weight), and I was used to good tasting food. Nutrisystem food tastes HORRIBLE. I had digestive issues from the food, and try as I might, I could not palate the food. As for medifast, I have never tried it, but I can't imagine drinking shakes all the time as very satisfying over the long term. JC teaches people how to volumize their food. JC IS definitely more money, but IMO it is worth it. I pay anywhere from $130-140 a week at the Centers, but then again, I like some of the more expensive menu options. If you view your long term health as an investment, spending $5000 on 10 months of JC is a much better deal than paying thousands for an angiogram and medications later on. Pay now or pay later.
Posted Image

#5 Crimzone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 05:49 PM

I tried Medifast, and it does work -- quickly. You eat a MF "meal" of 110 calories 5x daily, then have a lean protein/veg meal for dinner with strict weights of proteins and measurements of veggies, and they specify which. 

The cons:

The meals are quite un-food-like. I lasted two weeks.

You will have atomic gas that could level Manhattan.

There are fewer Medifast Centers than JC, and personal accountability is essential for me. There's not one at all in LA!

The pros:

It really is easy.

You can eat out in most restaurants if you follow their "lean and green" meal guidelines.

The one lean-and-green meal does teach conscious eating.

It's good for people who need a jump-start, or have a large amount to lose.

The "meals" are portable for busy people.

You can buy some meals from Costco, Amazon or eBay and give it a try for a week.

#6 raelee34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:43 AM

I can only weigh in (HA HA didn't even try to make that pun) on Nutrisystem v. Jenny Craig. For me, the Nutrisystem food, I had a mix of frozen and shelf stable, was really, really bad. There were a number of times that I just couldn't eat the meal as it smelled and tasted so bad. I ended up donating about 2 weeks worth.

I was quite hesitant to try JC after that experience, but I researched on the web beforehand and looked at many different reviews of the program before I took the plunge. I have been more than pleasantly surprised...The food is very, very good. I am doing JC Anywhere and the phone consultation was a great help and I also have my consultant's email for any questions. Lastly, I am finding the community here very supportive and that is a big plus.

As to cost, my first food order was about $150 per week, but that was because I basically ordered one of everything. My next order will be about $125/week. Still expensive, but I like the food and am sticking to the plan and I really want to lose the weight.

Funnily enough, my 17 year old son, who is also a bit overweight has smelled the food cooking and has asked to try a few entrees. He enjoyed the spaghetti and meatballs and fish and chips and has expressed an interest in eating more of them. That is a GREAT testimonial!

Hope this helps-

Labor Day Challenge Goals:

Lose 10 Lbs.

Weight lifting class 2x/week

Resist adopting a kitten or husband will divorce me (we have 4 cats and 2 ferrets)

Week 1 (7/13): Fit into pants last wore in 2012. No kitten adopted yet!

Week 2 (7/20):

Week 3 (7/27):

Week 4 (8/3:

Week 5 (8/10):

Week 6 (8/17):

Week 7 (8/24):

Week 8 (8/31):

Week 9 (9/7):

Challenge Total Lost =

#7 Diane2010

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:29 PM

I also have tried all 3 and the food on nutra system tasted awfull. As for medifast you will lose fast,and I also started to lose my hair!! And this is a problem for a lot of people,medifast totals about 800 calories a day and some people get thinning hair. I lost 9 lbs. the first week,but I don't think eating sweet bars, shakes ,brownies  etc. teaches us how to eat for the rest of our lives!   Diane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users