• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 2011fabfive

2011fabfive

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 01:55 PM

Today is my very first day Breakfast and Lunch were good i was really surprised. I love the fact that i have a printout of what i can eat and when i should eat it because all of these items i wouldnt know where to start. However NOW i'm going and reading through all these forums finding lots of good and bad reviews and i'm thinking what have i got myself into. This is going to be very costly for me and i'm already on a very tight budget. I read about people who couldn't be counseled i read about not being able to eat off of the plan and before i gave that credit card number i should have done more research. I have lupus and have gained more than 60 lbs in one year my movement ability is getting better now that medication is working but i'm still limited. I fear i'm losing motivation before i actually even get started. I made my goal small 50 lbs so that i wouldnt get discouraged about it taking so long but i really need to lose probably about 15o or more.... i dont know that i will ever be at a healthy weight and it just saddens me. I had high hopes for this program i pray i made the right decision... i have so many negative comments/friends co workers family stating i'm wasting my money I WISH I WOULDNT HAVE TOLD ANYONE so much for support. :unsure:

#2 ocmimi

ocmimi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:38 PM

Hi 2011fabfive. Welcome to Jenny. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your first Jenny meals. I'm sorry to hear about your Lupus. As with any other program, you are going to find that their are folks who give it great reviews and than there are others who don't. As with anything in life, frankly we read more about the bad things than the good. A program is only as good as you allow it to work for you. Forget about what anyone says. You felt a need to take off some weight, and I believe, smartly set an attainable goal for yourself. You already know that losing some weight will help you become healthier and stronger. And you are going to feel so much better and more energized.

Yes, you have challenges with Lupus and your mobility. Your medications may make your weight loss slower or may not. Only time will tell. I hope that your consultant is aware of your condition so that she can give you that extra support you need. If at anytime you feel that you are not getting that support, ask for a different consultant. You can also discuss your financial situation with your consultant to determine if there is a way to cut costs. It sounds like you are on the planned menu. One thing you may want to do is get a list of foods and their prices from your consultant. Than, you can manage your budget better.

Most of all, don't be overwhelmed. Take it one day at a time and enjoy your journey. And come to the forums often with your questions, input and advice.

Good luck to you.

Posted Image

#3 Blessed4Life2

Blessed4Life2

(:Forum Optimistologist:)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,977 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:40 PM

First of all, Welcome to JC and the boards!'

I can tell you from my experience....you made the right decision to join JC. It is an awesome program. You have to tune out the naysayers and do what YOU need to do. Dont let the negatives in your head...here on the forums or anywhere for that matter! When you come here you will read all sorts of stuff...good and bad, you have to take in what you can use and throw out the rest. Thats the thing about public forums....you will read everyones opinions, you just have to sift through it.

ABout the food....different strokes for different folks....everyone has different taste. Dont let the opinions get to you, buy what YOU like and dont let everyone elses choices influence you. Thats why JC offers a variety of foods, you are guaranteed to find something you like. The food is delish.....I love it! Sure there are somethings I dont like, I dont buy them! I only buy what I like, period!!!

Try and relax and not get overwhelmed....this really is a simple to follow plan.
1. eat everything on your menu
2. drink plenty of water
3. Exercise....its just that simple!

Go for small goals....in 10 lb increments, then after you lose 10 lbs reward yourself with a non-food gift.

Good luck to you.....YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
*´¨)
  ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•`
MeLissa~

Posted Image

"reached my goal (-64 lbs) and now ROCKIN' maintenance....WooHoooooo"

#4 I Called Jenny

I Called Jenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:44 PM

I TOTALLY agree with Paulette's (Ocmimi) and Melissa's comments . They hit the nail right on the head! :)

Look, stop focusing on the "big" number and instead give yourself small goals - like 10 lbs. at a time and reward yourself for the small victories. Those small numbers add up to HUGE losses.

The other thing is that all of this will give you and your body time to adjust to a new way of eating that will last you the rest of your life! :) Seriously, if you work the program correctly and focus on the fact that you need to learn a new way of looking at food, you can not only take the weight off (which will greatly help your mobility and Lupus symptoms) but you can KEEP IT OFF FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!!! How cool will that be! :)

Please try to think of this as your journey. It's going to be a little different than anyone elses but I promise if you come to the boards often, you will get loads of support, advice, and anything else you need to be a success. :)
Phyllis

Height: 5'2
SW - 177.6
Goal! - 132
Returning Weight - 143
CW - GOAL AGAIN!!!

Posted Image

Before JC with hubby and nephews in 2006/After JC (2nd time) in 2011

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 vfish

vfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:21 PM

I agree with them...this program is awesome and the food is very good! Just work the plan and the weight will come off! Lots of folks have great tips to help you with cravings or hunger pains. If you need a snack, make sure it's a hearty one with free foods and using your limited fats. I am learning so much already after 7 weeks.

Good luck!
Start Date: 11.29.11

Posted Image

#6 2011fabfive

2011fabfive

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:21 PM

Thank you all for your replies they are definitely helpful! I've stayed on plan even though it was very difficult last night. Thank you all for your tips and suggestions i'll definitely work on keeping on the positive side of things.

#7 sharonlee224

sharonlee224

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:11 PM

I joined JC back in 2007 and had to stop due to some personal reasons, the sad part is that I was doing really well, had lost 40lbs! UNFORTUNATELY I never mainted and fell off the "wagon" I have gained the weight back plus more and have decided to take control of my life again, this is my 3rd day and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please do not think that you have made the wrong choice, it is a wonderful program the food is really good, the counselors are great and as long as you have an amazing support group you will be very happy with your decision. As far as the cost, it is cheaper to do JC than to eat out.........I do hope that you will continue on with JC and wish you the very best with your new Journey
http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wMpe9FN/]

#8 Koleen Linker

Koleen Linker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:59 PM

Hi 2011fabfive! I am new to the boards, but not to Jenny's. I have been on the plan since June 2007! I have had over 100 pounds to lose and I am more than half way...however, don't those naysayers discourage you! My biggest naysayer and still is happens to be my mother! She constantly tells me how I should eat, what I should eat, and what I am doing is a waste of time and money...What I tell her is it's my time and my money so what I decide to do is up to me, and it works! Like the other ladies said..you do it for you, buy the food you like, don't buy what you don't like, otherwise it stays in your freezer, I know this first hand. <smile>
Take it one day at a time, don't get discouraged because one of your weeks may be less weight loss than others, and some weeks you may gain a pound or two because of girl issues and water retention..That and more will come off the next week or two. Again, sit back, relax, eat your food on your menu that day, drink LOTS of water and exercise, don't try and figure out what you'll weigh in 6 months and then when you get there and your not at that goal weight you'll be upset, take each pound that comes off as a celebration and celebrate each and every one after that!! Good luck on your journey and don't let anyone discourage you from what you want to do for you!!

#9 I Called Jenny

I Called Jenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:21 PM

Welcome back, SharonLee and welcome Koleen to JC and the boards. ;)

Hope you'll both join on us the boards frequently for support, questions, joining in on discussions and just feeling part of this terrific community. :)
Phyllis

SW - 177.6
Goal! - 132
Returning Weight - 143
CW - GOAL AGAIN!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 MichelleK1014

MichelleK1014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:05 PM

Hi 2011 Fabfive!
I, too, have to confess that I was looking for support when I decided to "wander" into these forums. Here I found incredible people on the other side of my laptop. Phyllis, Melissa, and Paulette welcomed me as if I had been here all the time! You CAN do this....

Follow your instincts first of all, because truly, you know what you need to do. There will always be the complainers; sometimes I fall into that category too. But it's you on this journey toward an incredible goal...as they say, one meal at a time.

I've only been doing JC for three weeks and another friend of mine joined once she heard how much I was raving about not only the quality of the choices, but the quantity of the choices. For the first time, I'm getting the control back. I don't have to think or worry about what I'm eating at the next meal.....someone else is helping me to do that.

Lupus is difficult; I have two friends who are challenged each day. But again, with a positive outlook and goals that will invariably help you to feel better, you are moving in the right direction. Think about it, you joined a program that may be costly, but has proven effective for so many. When I consider how much I may be spending on weekly food, I think about how much I spent on poor choices each week. The investment I'm making now will allow me to get back into some sizes that "shrunk" in my closet!! :) That, in and of itself, is worth the $$ spent!

Come back to these forums often. Sometimes I just "browse" and never write a word. You will become challenged and inspired by others.......The link from the website is right.....This really is a "community"!

Good Luck and hope to hear of progress soon!!!!

Michelle

#11 Mimi36542

Mimi36542

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:45 PM

I am in week two of Jenny and I am loving it too. It's so simple to just see what you have to eat and do it. Havn't incorporated too much exercise yet but that is coming. Good Luck.

Angie
Posted Image

#12 Blessed4Life2

Blessed4Life2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,977 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:16 PM

Hi 2011 Fabfive!
I, too, have to confess that I was looking for support when I decided to "wander" into these forums. Here I found incredible people on the other side of my laptop. Phyllis, Melissa, and Paulette welcomed me as if I had been here all the time! You CAN do this....

Follow your instincts first of all, because truly, you know what you need to do. There will always be the complainers; sometimes I fall into that category too. But it's you on this journey toward an incredible goal...as they say, one meal at a time.

I've only been doing JC for three weeks and another friend of mine joined once she heard how much I was raving about not only the quality of the choices, but the quantity of the choices. For the first time, I'm getting the control back. I don't have to think or worry about what I'm eating at the next meal.....someone else is helping me to do that.

Lupus is difficult; I have two friends who are challenged each day. But again, with a positive outlook and goals that will invariably help you to feel better, you are moving in the right direction. Think about it, you joined a program that may be costly, but has proven effective for so many. When I consider how much I may be spending on weekly food, I think about how much I spent on poor choices each week. The investment I'm making now will allow me to get back into some sizes that "shrunk" in my closet!! :) That, in and of itself, is worth the $$ spent!

Come back to these forums often. Sometimes I just "browse" and never write a word. You will become challenged and inspired by others.......The link from the website is right.....This really is a "community"!

Good Luck and hope to hear of progress soon!!!!

Michelle

AWESOME AWESOME post Michelle....you are such an inspiration and encourager!!!!
*´¨)
  ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•`
MeLissa~

Posted Image

#13 I Called Jenny

I Called Jenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:22 AM

Michelle, thanks for getting into the spirit and sharing with your thoughts. You will never know how many people will find strength and support from your words, so keep 'em comin'! :)
Phyllis

SW - 177.6
Goal! - 132
Returning Weight - 143
CW - GOAL AGAIN!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 lottie d

lottie d

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:43 PM

an elephant has to be eaten 1 bit at a time. it seems to me the people that are the worst about telling you what to do are the ones not taking thier own advise. i like this program because it makes it so easy. i think it is realllly expensive & that held me back but when i look at the cost in the long run of extra ailments etc that are taxing my body because of the extra body i am toting around it will be worth it. there are naysayers then there are the feeders. people that try to feed you a little here a little there. i declare i think they are afraid i will succeed then they will have no excuse. you just keep at it!

#15 CindyMor

CindyMor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:38 PM

I love everyones comments. I lost all my weight from WW, but regained it all and more in 2 years. I decided to go the JC route, mostly because I was so ashamed of myself for regaining the weight that I couldn't face my WW friends and leaders. But, it was the best decision I could make. Yes, it's expensive, yes, I too heard I could do it on my own, bla, bla, bla. I am as picky of an eater as anyone else I bet, I hate every vegetable, onions, mushrooms. But, on this program, I have plenty of food choices and now that I am more than halfway, I am doing MOMO. So, you can do this. Don't listen to anyones negative opinions.....My favorite sayings are "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" and "Where the mind goes, the body must follow." I say these to myself every day.

#16 mamajen27

mamajen27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:10 AM

if the money is an issue u can sub out items. for breakfast i have 150 cal oatmeal, with a cut up apple in it and topped with yogurt. my 1st snack a yogurt. then my jenny lunch, a fruit snack, my jenny dinner, and a vita muffin for dessert. my food cost per week at jenny is about $85 just buying lunch and dinner.

#17 Mame4454

Mame4454

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:25 AM

I'm new to Jenny as well. I started by ordering the 3 day deal to see if I liked the food. It was great so I ordered another week....I'm so pleased with the program so far. Yes, it is expensive but considering the medical costs I would likely bring on without some weight loss, I can justify it for now. I plan to order everything for at least the first month...and then see where I am with my budget.

I really like the food, the snacks etc. The only thing I've disliked so far is the veggie sausage, uhhhhh, could be i microwaved it too long...but it turned out like rubber!

I was a size 6-8 my entire life, even after 4 children....when I hit 50 the weight starting piling on. I don't even own a scale!!! I'm going to break down and buy one this week. :) I have about 30-40 lbs. to lose and I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to lose it with such great food...and support.

#18 robrob

robrob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

Of all my naysayers, none had ever done the JC program or eaten the food. It's my money, I worked for it, and they never spoke up when I was out at restaurants eating pig-platters for dinner. Do what you need to do for yourself, and try not to listen to the negatives.
Robin

Posted Image

On maintenance since March 2010!

#19 Blessed4Life2

Blessed4Life2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,977 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:23 PM

I'm new to Jenny as well. I started by ordering the 3 day deal to see if I liked the food. It was great so I ordered another week....I'm so pleased with the program so far. Yes, it is expensive but considering the medical costs I would likely bring on without some weight loss, I can justify it for now. I plan to order everything for at least the first month...and then see where I am with my budget.

I really like the food, the snacks etc. The only thing I've disliked so far is the veggie sausage, uhhhhh, could be i microwaved it too long...but it turned out like rubber!

I was a size 6-8 my entire life, even after 4 children....when I hit 50 the weight starting piling on. I don't even own a scale!!! I'm going to break down and buy one this week. :) I have about 30-40 lbs. to lose and I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to lose it with such great food...and support.

Welcome Mame!

Glad to have you posting with us. SOmething I learned along the way was not to cook the food as long as the box suggest, I always bump it down a notch or some of the food can be rubbery......just a suggestion.

Have a great weekend!
*´¨)
  ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•`
MeLissa~

Posted Image

#20 Mame4454

Mame4454

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 01:57 PM

Welcome Mame!

Glad to have you posting with us. SOmething I learned along the way was not to cook the food as long as the box suggest, I always bump it down a notch or some of the food can be rubbery......just a suggestion.

Have a great weekend!

Thanks so much for the welcome, and also for the microwaving tip. I really shouldn't complain at all, I've honestly loved the food. I just finished the baked potato with broccoli, and a wonderful salad. Fabulous!!!! I've never eaten so consistently well, and varied in my life!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users