• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 joanne451312417796

joanne451312417796

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:37 AM

I joined Jenny 8 months ago and I have lost interest. I buy the food, but, eat other things. I need to get my motivation back, because I cannot afford to keep wasting my money. Has anyone been through this??? Any ideas, comments, would be helpful.

#2 grievous

grievous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:40 PM

I have been there, that's probably why I have gained most if not all of my weight back, that and DH is NOT supportive!!! You have to own the weight loss efforts. You can do this, think how great you will feel when you get to goal

Kristine

weight.png

#3 HillStreetgal

HillStreetgal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:30 PM

I joined Jenny 8 months ago and I have lost interest. I buy the food, but, eat other things. I need to get my motivation back, because I cannot afford to keep wasting my money. Has anyone been through this??? Any ideas, comments, would be helpful.

I was going through the same thing. I stopped buying food that I could not eat..........AND at the beginning of each day I would set out the food I
COULD have. I would put out an apple, an empty yogurt container, an any time bar etc., and several empty plastic cups for water. I would treat my
self just like a child and when I ate what I should I would put it in the basket........basket filled. I am done. I have been on JC for 7 months, have lost 50 lbs. and
I also walk a mile everyday. NOW I am retired, live alone and so some of my activity is easy for me because I don't have to feed anyone else. I also eat out
alot and when I do I order baked fish/salad. I don't like to cook that at home. I know that this won't be forever. I still have about 80 more lbs. to loose and
this has been the best program I have ever been on . Good Luck on getting back on track. As strong as I think I am there are some foods I stay away from.
This is a particularly good week for me. So I hope I have helped.

#4 reddyrawks

reddyrawks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:39 PM

I know it gets stressful at times...but you just have to keep your spirits up...you just have to keep telling yourself you want to have a long healthy life. You want to feel like the real you...you don't want to die from diseases that you can control...dont give up, realize you are so worth your space on the earth right now, you belong here, happy healthy!!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 southerngirl48

southerngirl48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:25 PM

What helped me the most to stay on the program was to only eat what I had put out for the day...JC meals, salad, veggies, fruits, yogurt and snack. I kept to eating every few hours so I wouldn't get hungry and be tempted to eat something not planned for the day. I always have sugar free Popsicles, jello, and veggies on hand so if I do get hungry I have something extra to eat. And most importantly I remind myself that being on JC is temporary...I will go to 2 days on my own at the halfway point ...which is now only a few weeks away I hope. So as long as I plan ahead I can eat once in awhile the stuff I had to not eat for now as long as I'm careful with portions etc. What's permanent is that this is a lifestyle change...I won't go back to just eating anything I want...I will need to exercise to maintain my weight...i need to continue to make smart choices.

Ive also had water when I get a craving for something and wait 15-20 minutes to make sure I still want it.

Posted Image

#6 Savana

Savana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:48 PM

I know it gets stressful at times...but you just have to keep your spirits up...you just have to keep telling yourself you want to have a long healthy life. You want to feel like the real you...you don't want to die from diseases that you can control...dont give up, realize you are so worth your space on the earth right now, you belong here, happy healthy!!

I love that Reddy... "you are so worth your space on the earth right now,you belong here,happy and healthy"! Great encouraging words! :)

Savana
Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!! :)

#7 I Called Jenny

I Called Jenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:46 PM

What helped me the most to stay on the program was to only eat what I had put out for the day...JC meals, salad, veggies, fruits, yogurt and snack. I kept to eating every few hours so I wouldn't get hungry and be tempted to eat something not planned for the day. I always have sugar free Popsicles, jello, and veggies on hand so if I do get hungry I have something extra to eat. And most importantly I remind myself that being on JC is temporary...I will go to 2 days on my own at the halfway point ...which is now only a few weeks away I hope. So as long as I plan ahead I can eat once in awhile the stuff I had to not eat for now as long as I'm careful with portions etc. What's permanent is that this is a lifestyle change...I won't go back to just eating anything I want...I will need to exercise to maintain my weight...i need to continue to make smart choices.

Ive also had water when I get a craving for something and wait 15-20 minutes to make sure I still want it.

Good for you! That's EXACTLY the attitude you have to have. This is a lifestyle change and not just a diet. Way to go!

Let us know how things are going and when you hit maintenance so we can cheer you on. :)

Phyllis
Phyllis

Height: 5'2
SW - 177.6
Goal! - 132
Returning Weight - 143
CW - GOAL AGAIN!!!

Posted Image

Before JC with hubby and nephews in 2006/After JC (2nd time) in 2011

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 Blessed4Life2

Blessed4Life2

(:Forum Optimistologist:)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,977 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:51 PM

I love that Reddy... "you are so worth your space on the earth right now,you belong here,happy and healthy"! Great encouraging words! :)

Savana

Speaking of Jennifer (Reddy)...where is she lately? I know she was having puter issues last week. WHERE ARE YOU JEN? We miss you :rolleyes:
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•`
MeLissa~

Posted Image

"reached my goal (-64 lbs) and now ROCKIN' maintenance....WooHoooooo"

#9 I Called Jenny

I Called Jenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:12 PM

Speaking of Jennifer (Reddy)...where is she lately? I know she was having puter issues last week. WHERE ARE YOU JEN? We miss you :rolleyes:

That's funny. I was just getting ready to PM you to ask you if you knew where she was. I was starting to get worried about her.

Oh, Jen, come out, come out, wherever you are!

Phyllis
Phyllis

SW - 177.6
Goal! - 132
Returning Weight - 143
CW - GOAL AGAIN!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Blessed4Life2

Blessed4Life2

(:Forum Optimistologist:)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,977 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:14 PM

That's funny. I was just getting ready to PM you to ask you if you knew where she was. I was starting to get worried about her.

Oh, Jen, come out, come out, wherever you are!

Phyllis

I'll message her on Facebook....she is always there, and answers right back. I'll go jerk her booty back over here. hehe
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•`
MeLissa~

Posted Image

"reached my goal (-64 lbs) and now ROCKIN' maintenance....WooHoooooo"

#11 I Called Jenny

I Called Jenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:17 PM

I'll message her on Facebook....she is always there, and answers right back. I'll go jerk her booty back over here. hehe

Go for it, "Enforcer." Guilt her into coming back. :)

Phyllis
Phyllis

SW - 177.6
Goal! - 132
Returning Weight - 143
CW - GOAL AGAIN!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 dipre

dipre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:48 AM

Hi, I joined about the same time and lost 39 lbs. I know just how you feel. I started buying snacks for my 2 1/2 year old grandaughter that I should not have. The only problem is that once I start eating the wrong food I cannot stop. I put about half the weight back on and I realize I cannot keep the food in my home. So healthy snacks for my grandaughter and back to weighing in every week for me. I started this past Saturday and so far so good. I will go on line more and try to keep up with things. I feel like I am starting all over and its a good feeling.

#13 I Called Jenny

I Called Jenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:00 AM

Hi, I joined about the same time and lost 39 lbs. I know just how you feel. I started buying snacks for my 2 1/2 year old grandaughter that I should not have. The only problem is that once I start eating the wrong food I cannot stop. I put about half the weight back on and I realize I cannot keep the food in my home. So healthy snacks for my grandaughter and back to weighing in every week for me. I started this past Saturday and so far so good. I will go on line more and try to keep up with things. I feel like I am starting all over and its a good feeling.

Welcome back! Yes, if you're a compulsive eater (like many of us) it's just like being a compulsive gambler, alcoholic, etc. The biggest problem is that we can't stop eating (unlike drug addicts, alcoholics or gamblers) so we have to make sure that we resist temptation whenever possible.

I can't control what I run into in the outside world as far as temptations are concerned (although I do have to show self restraint and not even take a bite) but I can control what's coming into my house. (My hubby has a sweet tooth but he's only allowed to bring things in that I don't like.)

So, if you have your mind in the right place, you can do this! :)

And congrats on coming back now and not waiting until you gained all the weight back. :)

Phyllis

BTW, you're doing your granddaughter a favor by giving her healthy treats anyway. :)
Phyllis

SW - 177.6
Goal! - 132
Returning Weight - 143
CW - GOAL AGAIN!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 Janet S.

Janet S.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:59 PM

HI--i joined in February 2011--and have lost 23 lbs--almost half-way--it is very slowwwww but I know that if I stop now I will never reach my goal--so I just keep plugging away--I hit a plateau in August--and just keep hovering around the same weight--but I feel so much better iwth what I have lost and so I continue.....Janet in San Diego

#15 I Called Jenny

I Called Jenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:19 PM

HI--i joined in February 2011--and have lost 23 lbs--almost half-way--it is very slowwwww but I know that if I stop now I will never reach my goal--so I just keep plugging away--I hit a plateau in August--and just keep hovering around the same weight--but I feel so much better iwth what I have lost and so I continue.....Janet in San Diego

Janet, I understand your frustration but you're doing a great thing. When I lost my original 45 lbs, I lost (when I lost) in ounces and VERY RARELY in pounds. But when you know that learning a new way to look at food is going to be something you'll do for the rest of your life, it takes the sting out of losing slowly. :)

Congrats on your loss to date and your commitment to be a healthier you! :)

Phyllis
Phyllis

SW - 177.6
Goal! - 132
Returning Weight - 143
CW - GOAL AGAIN!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 Cedarlady

Cedarlady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:29 AM

I joined Jenny almost 2 months ago...even now I find myself looking to "supplement" the meals. I've already told my husband that in 6 months I'll be ready to give it up but he needs to push me to stick with it. So far he's been very encouraging. I've lost 10 lbs and 10 inches so I'm psyched to see if I can shed the additional 65 lbs. I met a woman at my Jenny place a few weeks back that dropped over 266 lbs. Her before picture is unbelievable. She's tall and slender and while I'll never be tall, I'd love to fit into normal sized clothing instead of plus-size.

Keep plugging away at it and I will too. We'll all be healthier in the long run.

#17 Floreneh

Floreneh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:43 AM

I joined JC last week. My progress will be slow but have 50 lbs to lose and hope to keep up the momentum. My mother past away at a young age and had a weight problem So I'm hoping to avoid her health issues and be a healthier person. I only lost 4 lbs this week but it is a start. It is better than the pounds I continued to gain by making all the wrong food choices. I also want to be able to keep up with my 8 yr old grt-granddaughter. She is like the engergizer bunny.

#18 laura55

laura55

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

It is so important to volumize your meals with lots of veggies ( raw,steamed,roasted). Try green beans, bell peppers, zucchini, broccoli, carrots,etc.. Choose your favorite meals on JC so you always feel satisfied. Try V 8 juice ( helps take away hunger pangs between meals).. Stick with it! Good luck to all!
Beginning Weight 5/17/2013: 208 lbs
Goal Weight: whatever I weigh in on 8/08/14 will be it!

6/06/14. 148.1
6/13/14. 147.9
6/20/14. 146.5
6/27/14. 146.2. (6 weeks to goal!)
7/11/14. 145.2. (4 weeks to goal!)
7/25/14. 144.2 (2 weeks to goal!)

It is never too late to be who you might have been. ~George Eliot

#19 Seattleislander

Seattleislander

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

• Not a waste for me. Not many here posting in age 60 and over. (Hope this isn't about pounds instead of age.) I started a month ago and have lost 7 pounds, 4 the first week and a pound each week after. At my age, I am happy. I have noticed there are a lot of potatoes in the meals I choose, which I eat very little of at breakfast. There are lots of pasta meals on the diet and I'm not a huge pasta fan. Will do some mac and cheese and lasagna. Both are filling. Like to dump mac and cheese on steamed cauliflower, broccoli and carrots. Very filling. Love the frozen food. For me, the shelf food except chicken salad is vile. Bigger than the pounds lost is the lost in body inches. 7.5 inches in 3 weeks, arms, bust, waist, stomach and hiops. Nothin much in thighs and calves. I am happy so far, Am eating all JC. No My Days. thought it would be easier to just go in whole hog. <g> Have only eaten off the diet once, last Sat night at PF Changs, where the food counts were horrid. Will probably not lose much this week, though I've added tons of exercise and have worked my meals so I'm still where I need to be for the weekly calorie count. I was very surprised that JC did not have a phone app. Am using my Lose It!, which I love. Allows me to keep a running total.

#20 AMars

AMars

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:08 AM

Hi Seattle,
There are lots of us over-60s. We just mostly post in the General forum and a few others. I started out on all JC food too and had to endure the first month deciding what I didn't like. Agree on the shelf food, except the salades.

Be sure and check out the Recipes forum. There are a ton of ideas for volumizing your meals and this will help you alot. Even on the frozen meals, I hardly ever eat the vegatables that come with it because I hate frozen veggies. So it is very important to get a lot of good veggie recipes to go with your meals. Welcome to JC. Great job on the inches and pounds. 7 lbs in a months is very good. This is a slow and steady process but an average of 1.5 pounds per week is an excellent rate of loss. The time goes by and next thing you know you have lost 20, then 30, then 40 pounds, etc.

Come to the boards often for encouragement and accountability. These folks are great, and we have several that are in maintenance with lots of wisdom and experience with JC. Good luck. You can do this.
Anna

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image
   Close Enough at 157 pounds.

Start Date:  4/1/13
Goal Weight: 150
Week 1:  -4   Week 10  -4   Week 19 -0.8   Week 28 -2.3
Week 2:  -2    Week 11 -2 Week 20 -3.2   Week 29 -0.6
Week 3:  -3    Week 12 -1 Week 21 -0.6 Week 30 -1.6
Week 4:  -2.5   Week 13 -2 Week 22 -2.0   Week 31 +0.4
Week 5:  -2.5 Week 14 +0.4 Week 23 -0.6 Week 32 -2.2
Week 6:  -1   Week 15 -1.8  Week 24 -2.2   Week 33 -0.8
Week 7:  -4    Week 16 -3.3  Week 25 -0   Week 44 Lost Track but down 60 Pounds!!!
Week 8:  -2   Week 17 +0.5 Week 26 -1.2   Week 45 0
Week 9:  +1 :-(  Week 18 -1.6  Week 27 -0.8   Week 46 -2.6

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users