Photo

How much weight do you lose a week on average?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 elk22271

elk22271

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:19 PM

Hello everyone. Out of curiousity, how much weight do you lose a week on average? I need to lose 100 pounds and I need a pretty good jump start. Thanks! :)

#2 dani4jc

dani4jc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:31 AM

Hello everyone. Out of curiousity, how much weight do you lose a week on average? I need to lose 100 pounds and I need a pretty good jump start. Thanks! :)

Everyone's different. I think many things come into play for how much people lose every week. Things like: age, gender, how overweight they are, fitness level, genetics, overall health level. That's just what I can think of off the top of my head.

In my signature are my stats - and I still have over a 100 lbs to lose. However, I do NOT work out at all due to some physical limitations (injury).

Hope that helps.

~Dani

Posted Image

#3 palrusty

palrusty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:40 AM

Hi!

I've been steadily losing approximately 2 lbs a week since I got serious. Never more than 3, but never less than 1. I also have 100 on the dot to lose. My Mom joined with me and has about 75 to lose. She lost 8 lbs the first week and 3 or so the second, but then has been hanging out at 0.5 to 1.2 a week since then. She's in her sixties and doesn't exercise nearly as much as I do. I work on a farm. Funny, though, at this point we're close to tied for weight loss though our stats have been very different. Like Dani4jc said there are so many factors that contribute. But if you stick with it and follow the plan it WILL come off! :D

Good luck!
Posted Image

#4 CMECRZN

CMECRZN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:27 AM

I'm another one with 100+ to lose total. I have been losing pretty slowly. I feel it is a good week if the scale is in the negative direction, so I don't have an issue with the speed. It came on slow... if it goes off slow, maybe it will STAY off this time. I have lost anywhere from .2 pounds to 5.8 pounds in a week. Usually the .2 weeks are followed by a larger loss the following week. BTW, I am 58, work at a desk all day, already way past menopause. I do try to walk around a bit at lunchtime and after work. I have also just started riding my bicycle on weekends. 11+ miles this past weekend!!

Debbie

No matter what happens, we always have a choice. Even when it seems that there is no option, there is always something else that can be done. What happens in our lives is the result of decisions that we make.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
5/29/2011 - The beginning 6/9/2012 - HALFWAY! August 2011 July 2012
Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 KylieH

KylieH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:23 PM

I have lost 65 pounds and still have another 50 to go! so in total i want to lose 120 pounds! just over half way there and let me tell you, when i first found out i had this much weight to lose i was convinced it would never happen, 100 pounds?!?!?! are you kidding me?! but this is the way i look at it... 10 pounds at a time and small goals, if you only look at the big picture you will be way to overwhelmed you need to have small goals! I find 10 pounds works because its totally do able and it feels so good to see it on the scale for example going from 200 to 199 is HUGE!!!but in reality its only 1 pound! 190 to 189 feels huge and again is only 1 pound, feels like such an accomplishment and before you know it youll be half way and then at your goal!
To answer your question on average i lose about 2.5 pounds per week, have lost as little as .8 and as high as 5 it varies from week to week! but all adds up in the end:) any loss is a good loss in this journey!:)
Good luck!:)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#6 nancy5012

nancy5012

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:40 PM

I envy those who seem to lose more than 2 pounds per week, but for me it is more like 1 or 1.5 pounds per week. I've been pretty consistent so far, 6.5 pounds in the first month, the same in the second month. I've lost somthing each week, even if only 1/2 pound.
I work out at least 5 days a week for 45 minutes, but that is about the only real exercise I get.
Nancy

Do or do not....there is no try Posted Image

Posted Image

My Weight Chart:
Posted Image
>

Posted Image

#7 jmcape

jmcape

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:51 PM

This is a touchy subject for me as I have only lost .4 lbs each of the last 2 weeks. I stay on plan but exercise very little. I am 44 and currently in early menopause. Total of 5.8 in 4 weeks.
Check out my blog Fat in Suburbia

Posted Image

#8 harleygirl17

harleygirl17

Harley Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:10 AM

I loose about a pound a week...I excerices about 30 per day....I seem to be a slow loser... :rolleyes:

#9 reddyrawks

reddyrawks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:53 PM

I usually lose 1 to 2 pounds a week if I stick very strictly on the plan.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 elk22271

elk22271

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:30 AM

Wow, you guys are all amazing. Thanks for the feedback. I'm restarting tomorrow and I'm very excited.

#11 bonjo

bonjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:35 AM

Not sure I have an average! My weekly weigh ins are always like a surprise party! 3 lbs, .4lbs, and so on.

My JCC says "on average" you should lose 1% of your weight per week. If you weigh 250lbs/2.5lbs per week. 150lbs/1.5per week. In the begining most people lose more, near your goal weight it should slow.

Good luck to you.
MY JOURNEY WITH JENNY CRAIG
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w34flNh/]
Posted Image

#12 Lydia

Lydia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:54 AM

Having done diets where I lost a lot quickly, then being unable to keep it off, I can say with conviction that slow and steady wins this race! It's a cliche, but remember that this is a marathon, not a sprint, a journey, not a diet (yadda yadda yadda). But in all seriousness, as Debbie said, you didn't gain it overnight so you shouldn't expect to lose it overnight. The great thing about Jenny is that you can lose weight without really feeling deprived (or at least you shouldn't feel that way). The important thing is that you stick to it and get right back on the horse if you ever fall off. (wow, I'm awash in cliche's today!)

Posted Image

#13 southerngirl48

southerngirl48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:43 AM

I lose about 1 pound a week ...it does vary but I tell myself what counts is that weekly number and as long as it continues to go down then I am going in the right direction. I have added in exercise and that has helped. I am in late 40s so my metabolism is definitely slower. But I weigh less than I have in many many years. I think too sometimes the scale doesn't always reflect how well we are doing because of water retention, etc so I also see how my clothes fit as a sign of my progress. As many others have said it's a lifestyle change and not a quick fix. I am hovering right now at 160.4 and will be thrilled to make it to the 150s especially since at 150 I will hit m halfway mark. Each pound makes a difference.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users