24 replies to this topic

#1 BelugaBabe

BelugaBabe

"Here's lookin' at you, kid!"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:31 AM

From time to time I post a JC food price list. From other threads it looks like it's about time to do it again.
This is the latest, from April 2011---hope it helps some of you who are being kept in the dark!!! :angry:

BREAKFAST:

Banana Nut Mini-Loaf 2.49
Blueberry Mini-Loaf 2.49
Blueberry Pancakes and Veggie Sausage 4.79
Breakfast Scramble 4.99
Breakfast Stuffed Sandwich 4.49
Cheddar Cheese Omelet 5.99
Cinnamon French Toast 4.99
Cinnamon Rolls 2.49
Complete Start Cereal 2.39
Cranberry Almond Cereal 2.39
Frosted Oats Cereal 2.39
Honey Oat Bar 1.99
Multi-Grain Hoops Cereal 2.13
Oatmeal Breakfast Square 1.99
Sunshine Sandwich 4.49
Triple Grain Crisps Cereal 2.39
Table Syrup .50

LUNCH:

Asian Style Orange Chicken 5.99
Beef Barley Stew 4.99
Beef Chow Mein 5.69
Beef and Cheese Slider 5.99
Broccoli and Cheese Potato 4.59
Cheesy Enchilada 5.69
Cheesy Potatoes and Chicken 6.59
Chicken Marsala 6.59
Chicken Salad Kit 5.49
Chicken Sandwich 5.49
Chicken Stuffed Sandwich 5.49
Chicken Teriyaki 5.69
Chicken Tikka Masala 6.99
Clam Chowder 4.99
Creamy Chicken and Corn Chowder 4.99
Meatball Stuffed Sandwich 5.49
Pasta Ole 6.99
Personal Pizza 5.69
Pesto Pizza 5.69
Philly Steak Cheese Panini 5.99
Rotini with Meatballs 5.69
Southwestern Chicken with Rice 5.69
Swedish Meatballs 5.69
Tuna Salad Kit 5.49
Turkey Burger 5.49
Turkey Club Panini 5.99
Zesty Tortellini Soup 4.99

DINNER:

Beef Chili with Beans 4.99
Cashew Chicken 6.69
Cheese Ravioli 5.69
Chicken Carbonara 6.69
Chicken Fajitas 6.69
Chicken Fettucine 6.69
Chicken Florentine Lasagna 5.99
Chicken Pasta Parmesan 5.69
Chicken Pesto Pasta 6.99
Classico Chicken Parmesan 6.69
Cookout Chicken and Beans 5.69
Fish and Chips 6.69
Lentils with Beef 5.69
Macaroni and Cheese 5.69
Mashed Potatoes with Beef 5.69
Meat Loaf with BBQ Sauce 6.69
Mesquite Chicken 6.99
Pasta Fagioli 5.69
Rising Crust Pizza 5.69
Salisbury Steak 6.69
Sesame Chicken 5.99
Spaghetti with Meatballs 6.69
Sweet and Sour Chicken 5.59
Teriyaki Glazed Salmon 6.99
Three Cheese Ziti Marinara 5.69
Traditional Lasagna 6.69
Turkey Chili 5.69
Turkey with Gravy 6.69

SNACKS AND DESSERTS:

Bruschetta Veggie Chips 1.99
Cheese Curls 1.99
Chocolate Chip Snack Bar 1.99
Chocolate Mini Cakes 2.39
Chocolatey Caramel Peanut Bar 1.99
Chocolate Walnut Brownie 2.39
Cinnamon Twists 1.99
Cookies and Cream Cheesecake 2.69
Ginger Bell Cookies (8 servings---the famous gingerbread tub cookies in bell form!!) 9.99
Honey Mustard Pretzels 1.99
Lemon Cooler Cookies 1.99
Lemon Mini Cakes 2.39
Lemon Mousse Bar 1.99
S'mores Bar 1.99
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie 1.99
Strawberry Cakes 2.49
Toffee Cookies 1.99
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake 2.69
White Cheddar Popcorn 1.99
Yogurt Dream Bar 1.99

SOUPITIZER SOUPS:

Tomato Florentine 2.99
Veg Minestrone 2.99

SALAD DRESSINGS:

Balsamic .40
Ranch .40

VITAMINS/SUPPLEMENTS:

MultiPlus (7) 3.49
Oatmeal Raisin Anytime Bar (7) 9.99
Peanut Butter Chocolate Anytime Bar (7) 9.99
ProTect Plus (28) 12.99
Vanilla Chocolate Anytime Bar (7) 9.99
Friends
Posted Image

"If hunger is not the problem, eating is not the solution."

Willpower Definition

Willpower is the inner strength to make decisions, take action and handle and execute an aim or a task, regardless of inner resistance, discomfort or difficulty or external influences. It is inner firmness, decisiveness, determination, resolution, persistence and the power to push towards any goal.

Here's a link to pages of my favorite weight loss motivational book, "100 Days of Weight Loss" by Linda Spangle. Please click on and enjoy her wonderful writings:

http://books.google....K...p;q&f=false

#2 JanetSh

JanetSh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:50 AM

Thanks so much - when I did JC 15 years ago they did not keep it a secret.
I cannot believe what some of this costs compared to Lean Cuisine entrees
This is my second week and next week I am certainly NOT buying the soup at those prices. Can get the Weight Watchers Zero points soups from Progesso Light - so much better and cheaper.

#3 jillybean1226

jillybean1226

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 11:58 AM

So if I choose to get a box of multigrain Cheerios for instance, instead of buying JC cereal, would they call it a MOMA or if I'm on the planned do I have to buy something from JC? Both my man and I are going to be on this and I think for cost savings it wouldn't make much sense to get some of the JC foods. One day I looked at the cheese curls dietary info and compared it to Jensen's Veggie Chips (they also have straws) and for a bag twice the size, the veggie chips were only like 10 calories more, had lower sodium, higher fiber and didn't have a ton of unknown ingredients and chemicals in them. I could split a bag of veggie chips with my honey & get more for our buck. I didn't know if that was tabu or not.

Posted Image

#4 michanne1

michanne1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:12 PM

Are you located in the States? Just wondering whether these are US or Canadian prices? I am guessing US, I believe Canada's prices are much higher...imagine!

I can't understand why they would keep the prices secret. It makes me think they are hiding something, when I wouldn't have thought anything of it if they just gave the prices. I would buy the food anyway.

I noticed the prices are never listed on the receipt or food check-off list when I buy my food in center either, and it makes me wonder why.
Started JC on June 13, 2011

Posted Image

#5 BelugaBabe

BelugaBabe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:20 PM

So if I choose to get a box of multigrain Cheerios for instance, instead of buying JC cereal, would they call it a MOMA or if I'm on the planned do I have to buy something from JC? Both my man and I are going to be on this and I think for cost savings it wouldn't make much sense to get some of the JC foods. One day I looked at the cheese curls dietary info and compared it to Jensen's Veggie Chips (they also have straws) and for a bag twice the size, the veggie chips were only like 10 calories more, had lower sodium, higher fiber and didn't have a ton of unknown ingredients and chemicals in them. I could split a bag of veggie chips with my honey & get more for our buck. I didn't know if that was tabu or not.

Jilly, I have pretty much always done my own breakfasts. Sorry but I will simply NOT pay what amounts to about $25 a box (grocery price) for JC cereal. I do my own snacks, too, with a couple of exceptions---love the Triple Chocolate Cheesecake and the Lemon Cooler Cookies!
My JCC has never given me grief over this. When I started to personalize my menus (like, in week two!) we discussed choosing wisely---Cheerios, Kashi Lean, etc. No big deal. And if the nutrition values of snacks match up to the JC food what would the problem be? JC foods hold no magical qualities, LOL.

Are you located in the States? Just wondering whether these are US or Canadian prices? I am guessing US, I believe Canada's prices are much higher...imagine!

I can't understand why they would keep the prices secret. It makes me think they are hiding something, when I wouldn't have thought anything of it if they just gave the prices. I would buy the food anyway.

I noticed the prices are never listed on the receipt or food check-off list when I buy my food in center either, and it makes me wonder why.

These are US prices, Michanne. Try asking for a price list at your center. When I hear that centers are withholding the info it just p's me off bigtime. :angry:
Posted Image

Willpower Definition

Willpower is the inner strength to make decisions, take action and handle and execute an aim or a task, regardless of inner resistance, discomfort or difficulty or external influences. It is inner firmness, decisiveness, determination, resolution, persistence and the power to push towards any goal.

Here's a link to pages of my favorite weight loss motivational book, "100 Days of Weight Loss" by Linda Spangle. Please click on and enjoy her wonderful writings:

#6 dooley

dooley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:55 PM

I think some of these prices are higher now, I added up what I bought the other day and what I paid is higher. I'm going to get a price list on tuesday.

#7 mamajimmy

mamajimmy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:55 PM

Thanks!
It irritates me we don't have prices when we go in center.

Dooley, maybe the prices are diff because maybe taxes are added in to what you paid?
Kathy from MA

Start date 6/6/11

Restarted 6/24/13

What you eat in private, you wear in public.

Posted Image

#8 BelugaBabe

BelugaBabe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 06:06 PM

I think some of these prices are higher now, I added up what I bought the other day and what I paid is higher. I'm going to get a price list on tuesday.

Thanks!
It irritates me we don't have prices when we go in center.

Dooley, maybe the prices are diff because maybe taxes are added in to what you paid?

I think you're right, Mama. Depending on where you live taxes may be added to part or all of your food bill.
Posted Image

Willpower Definition

#9 dooley

dooley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:25 AM

The difference was over $8, so I don't think it was due to tax.

#10 NursingGal

NursingGal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 02:10 PM

Yeah I've started buying cereals for breakfast and I do at least one dinner or lunch on my own a week even though I'm only 3 weeks into the program. I simply cannot afford to pay 6.99 for a dinner every night of the week! This is the first time I'm doing a week of breakfasts on my own. But so far, I've lost 14.2 pounds...so we'll see! I'm making good choices! We'll see what the scale says!
Posted Image

Check out my blog: Losing For Good!

Goal #1 Complete: 10% Weight Loss and Lowering Risk of Type II Diabetes (8/10/11)
Labor Day Challenge Complete: 25lbs down by 9/5/11

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 vampi

vampi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 02:52 PM

i went to the grocery store and bought some desserts to eat. i wont do it all the time, but maybe 2 or 3 times a week. i got ww so they should be comparable.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#12 reddyrawks

reddyrawks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 02:00 PM

bumping this for someone!!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Jackilyn68

Jackilyn68

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:21 PM

Thanks, for posting this................

Posted Image

Change is a good thing!!!
Jackilyn

#14 KylieH

KylieH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:16 PM

Its always hard to justify paying so much, but we just need to remember that we are paying this much for our heatlth and its worth it!!
I have always done my own breakfasts and snacks, i usually have toast or an english muffin or cereal, and snacks i do 100 cal snack packs or low cal ice cream bars(heatlthy choice from costco or skinny cow) which definitely cuts down on the cost and i dont have a problem losing weight subbing these items!
Im in canada and the prices seem pretty accurate... its a bit crazy i went in yesterday and just buying lunches and dinners(7 of each) it was $100.00!! The things we do for our health!:) ha ha
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#15 kimb1984

kimb1984

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:34 PM

I don't believe that Jenny Craig is "hiding" the prices from us...I believe they don't put them all over the place so that you order what you like, and not what is cheaper...thus having the program be more of a success for you.

#16 CMECRZN

CMECRZN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:15 PM

You may have just hit the nail on the head. When I asked at my center for the price list they handed it to me with no question.

Debbie

No matter what happens, we always have a choice. Even when it seems that there is no option, there is always something else that can be done. What happens in our lives is the result of decisions that we make.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
5/29/2011 - The beginning 6/9/2012 - HALFWAY! August 2011 July 2012
Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 DTrentRN

DTrentRN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:06 AM

I am so glad to see someone else address this issue. When I first started JC a few years ago, you were automatically given a receipt with itemization. When I came back this year I was surprized to see the total w/o knowing what I was paying for each item. Is that even legal? Anyway, I have gotten itemized pricing lists w/o any problem but I think they only give them out if requested. I, too, will substitute items that I can buy much cheaper somewhere else that compares closely with the Jenny foods. Sometimes better flavor as well, but not always. JC has some verrrrrry good foods, if only they would not discontinue them so often. :(

#18 Blessed4Life2

Blessed4Life2

(:Forum Optimistologist:)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,977 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:05 PM

Bump
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•`
MeLissa~

Posted Image

"reached my goal (-64 lbs) and now ROCKIN' maintenance....WooHoooooo"

#19 CouchGoddess

CouchGoddess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:41 AM

Hi everyone! Yes I'm back (again), had kind of a false start back in April and realized i just wasn't ready to commit fully. Anyway just finished week 2 and this time I'm doing my own breakfasts to save money. Well my JCC just informed me that since I'm "not really doing the program fully", she is only going to call me every other week; however, she did say I could call her as needed in between. Has anyone else had this experience? I'm feeling a little gypped, aren't weekly sessions plus the privilege of buying JC food pretty much the 2 main things my membership fee is FOR?

#20 CMECRZN

CMECRZN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:04 AM

Hi everyone! Yes I'm back (again), had kind of a false start back in April and realized i just wasn't ready to commit fully. Anyway just finished week 2 and this time I'm doing my own breakfasts to save money. Well my JCC just informed me that since I'm "not really doing the program fully", she is only going to call me every other week; however, she did say I could call her as needed in between. Has anyone else had this experience? I'm feeling a little gypped, aren't weekly sessions plus the privilege of buying JC food pretty much the 2 main things my membership fee is FOR?

Woah.... really??? I would get a new JCC.......

Debbie

No matter what happens, we always have a choice. Even when it seems that there is no option, there is always something else that can be done. What happens in our lives is the result of decisions that we make.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
5/29/2011 - The beginning 6/9/2012 - HALFWAY! August 2011 July 2012
Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users