• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Andrea1976

Andrea1976

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

i am at my half way mark and need to start doing MOMO. i am scared to death! I seem to have reached a plateau and think a change in the food may inspire and help me along. i am going to order the Diabetes cook book you recommened. thanks for the information you shared! You gave me hope and confidence to venture out a little 'on my own".
starting weight 317
current weight 246
goal weight 180
joined june 2011

#22 matt from nj

matt from nj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

Great job Jenny on your loss.

I actually have been doing MOMO's since week 2, getting rid of the JC breakfasts and lunches first and starting doing complete DOMO's a week or 2 after that. I'm definitely going to check out that cookbook, sounds like it could be helpful. If you search out some of my other threads, you can see all of my substitutions that I have made for JC meals. JC food was a bridge to eating healthy. There are plenty of ways to eat healthy and accomplish what you can with JC food just by making nutrition label comparison and substitutions.

Do your own healthy cooking. Find lowcal and lowfat alternatives to things that you like. Change your white rice to brown and regular pasta to whole grain. Be a little creative with making things, get your chef to help you out.

Andrea, don't be scared, I get excited to see what I can come up with to cook and eat. With the internet, you have endless healthy recipes at your fingertips. I get so many great recipes from Pinterest and skinny cooking blogs and websites, I make turkey meatloaf, pasta stir fry with whole grain pasta, porkchop, chicken, steak and many other meals. Last night we had a hamburger on a 100 calorie pita bread with homemade french fries and it was delicious. Don't be scared, you can do it. Take baby steps and start subbing breakfast or lunch if you want.

Keep up the great job for the other half of you loss and maintenance.
Posted Image

My MOMO's
http://community.jen...y-509-my-momos/

"I don't cheat, I moderate"

I joined Jenny starting on a diet and it has changed into a journey to my new healthy lifestyle.  I won't be on maintenance, I'll be living my new life.

Week 1----> -3.8
Week 2----> -4.4
Week 3----> -2.4
Week 4----> -2.2
Week 5----> -3.8
Week 6----> -5.6
Week 7----> -2.0
Week 8----> -4.4
Week 9----> -1.6
Week 10---> -2.2
Week 11---> +.4
Week 12---> -3.6
Week 13---> -3.8
Week 14---> +4.8
Week 15---> - 8.4
Week 16---> -.4
Week 17---> -3.4
Week 19---> -4.4
Week 22 ---> -2 lbs

22 Weeks and 54.8 lbs lost

Total------->  59.9 ----  Hit my original goal of 50 lbs and went to 60 lbs loss in total.

Before

Posted Image

June

Posted Image

8/25/12

Posted Image

Posted Image

3/20/2013 - almost 6 months in maintenance

#23 Moi2

Moi2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

Hi, the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada has some great recipes too, and they list the caleries, fat etc.

#24 Slimin07

Slimin07

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:59 AM

I have this cookbook too! A life saver!

What's the name of this cook book and the Author please!!! Email me at emmie02@gmail.com TY!!!!

#25 zombolina

zombolina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

Please post the title and author of the book? Thanks!

S

#26 chocofreak

chocofreak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:54 PM

I want to try to substitute deserts and snacks too! But I live in the USA. So I really don't know what's out threre

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users