15 replies to this topic

#1 jmcape

jmcape

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:50 AM

I'm finding that I'm simply not hungry for breakfast before noonish or so. That means it's really lunch time in my head. I'm missing the mid-morning snack as well. Anyone else experiencing this? I am hungry late at night though, hungrier than the snack fills me up.
Check out my blog Fat in Suburbia

Posted Image

#2 dani4jc

dani4jc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:06 AM

QUOTE(jmcape @ Jul 25 2011, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm finding that I'm simply not hungry for breakfast before noonish or so. That means it's really lunch time in my head. I'm missing the mid-morning snack as well. Anyone else experiencing this? I am hungry late at night though, hungrier than the snack fills me up.

I would say talk to your JCC, BUT.... here's my take on it, based on my own personal experience (which pre-dates me being on Jenny). I used to NEVER eat breakfast, and like you, I just wasn't hungry. I read lots of articles about how obese people (which I'm one of) don't eat breakfast. That never really made sense to me. However, now I understand it. You need to stoke the fire - kick start your metabolism to start soon after you get up for the day!

Once I started eating breakfast (and it started by me forcing myself to do it), within a week or so, I found that I have just ravenous minutes after waking up. My body not only got used to it, but started WANTING breakfast.

So my advice is, just do it... and see how your body reacts after a week of breakfast eating. You might find yourself with an awakening metabolism & more energy to boot! biggrin.gif

~Dani

Posted Image

#3 BelugaBabe

BelugaBabe

"Here's lookin' at you, kid!"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:00 AM

You really have to eat breakfast. I wasn't a breakfast eater either and quickly discovered that the hot meals were not a favorite of mine. It's about all I can do, most mornings, to down a bowl of cereal and drink my coffee. But I have my breakfast even if I have to force it down, LOL and I do notice that, if I skip breakfast, I tend to be much hungrier later and generally mess up my eating plan pretty badly.
Are there any particular breakfasts that you find more appealing than others? If so, you can repeat those breakfasts---have your JCC help you plan that out.
But yes, it's important. Spacing out your meals and snacks helps you avoid feeling hungry and gets your system used to a new way of eating. It's essential to making this program work. smile.gif
Posted Image

"If hunger is not the problem, eating is not the solution."

Willpower Definition

Willpower is the inner strength to make decisions, take action and handle and execute an aim or a task, regardless of inner resistance, discomfort or difficulty or external influences. It is inner firmness, decisiveness, determination, resolution, persistence and the power to push towards any goal.

Here's a link to pages of my favorite weight loss motivational book, "100 Days of Weight Loss" by Linda Spangle. Please click on and enjoy her wonderful writings:

http://books.google....K...p;q&f=false

#4 jmcape

jmcape

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:13 AM

I'll do it and see how it goes. I like the breakfast scrambler just not for "breakfast" LOL. Thanks ladies!

Posted Image

#5 J.E.

J.E.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:56 AM

I never ate breakfast before JC so it was hard getting used to so much food early in the morning. I've learned to spread out the food over the course of the morning. I will eat part of the breakfast at 9, an hour later yogurt and an hour later fruit. That works much better for me and my tempermental stomach. I have to say eating breakfast is so important to kick starting your metabolism. I wish I would have realized this years ago. Your body will adjust to it, but stick with it. You really need breakfast to help with your weight loss.
GOAL!!!

Posted Image

GOAL!!!
Halloween Challenge

Posted Image

#6 JoyDallas

JoyDallas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 12:46 PM

I used to skip breakfast, too. Now I have a banana, milk and Oatmeal Square each morning after I arrive at my desk. These items are easier to deal with, because they are handheld and portable. About 2 hours later, I have the Anytime bar.

I agree with the PP who said it kick-starts your metabolism and energy early in the day. Make yourself do it, and soon it will be a habit. rolleyes.gif
Joy
41 years old, 5'3.5"
Started 12-14-10

#7 jmcape

jmcape

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:32 PM

Thanks ladies!

Posted Image

#8 Blessed4Life2

Blessed4Life2

(:Forum Optimistologist:)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,977 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE(dani4jc @ Jul 25 2011, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would say talk to your JCC, BUT.... here's my take on it, based on my own personal experience (which pre-dates me being on Jenny). I used to NEVER eat breakfast, and like you, I just wasn't hungry. I read lots of articles about how obese people (which I'm one of) don't eat breakfast. That never really made sense to me. However, now I understand it. You need to stoke the fire - kick start your metabolism to start soon after you get up for the day!

Once I started eating breakfast (and it started by me forcing myself to do it), within a week or so, I found that I have just ravenous minutes after waking up. My body not only got used to it, but started WANTING breakfast.

So my advice is, just do it... and see how your body reacts after a week of breakfast eating. You might find yourself with an awakening metabolism & more energy to boot! biggrin.gif

Great advice Dani!!!! btw, is this the same Dani6666666?
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•`
MeLissa~

Posted Image

"reached my goal (-64 lbs) and now ROCKIN' maintenance....WooHoooooo"

#9 dani4jc

dani4jc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE(Blessed4Life2 @ Jul 25 2011, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great advice Dani!!!! btw, is this the same Dani6666666?

Thanks! biggrin.gif ... and YES, they finally got around to changing my display name. So rather than looking like the devil baby (unfortunate choice made out of frustration & lack of creativity!! LOL) ... now, I'm just "Dani for JC", much more upbeat & positive! wink.gif

~Dani

Posted Image

#10 Blessed4Life2

Blessed4Life2

(:Forum Optimistologist:)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,977 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE(dani4jc @ Jul 25 2011, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks! biggrin.gif ... and YES, they finally got around to changing my display name. So rather than looking like the devil baby (unfortunate choice made out of frustration & lack of creativity!! LOL) ... now, I'm just "Dani for JC", much more upbeat & positive! wink.gif

laugh.gif ROFLMBO.....so funny!!! I have to admit Dani....I was a lil mystified by that name......glad you changed it, I like your new one alot better!
*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•`
MeLissa~

Posted Image

"reached my goal (-64 lbs) and now ROCKIN' maintenance....WooHoooooo"

#11 mamajimmy

mamajimmy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:25 PM

I do the same thing as J.E.
I space out my breakfast.
I start with my yogurt, then have some fruit, then my JC cereal or oatmeal square on days I am at work.
Just be sure to eat all your food!
Kathy from MA

Start date 6/6/11

Restarted 6/24/13

What you eat in private, you wear in public.

Posted Image

#12 CMECRZN

CMECRZN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:55 PM

I like to grab a banana ( a small one) as I head out the door. Then when I get to work I pull out the Breakfast and Yogurt. Then a couple hours later the Anytime bar. That really gets me through the morning.

I've heard it many times that you NEED to eat breakfast even if you are not hungry. NOW, if I skip it, I am RAVENOUS ALL DAY LONG. Even after I eat something else.

- Debbie

Debbie

No matter what happens, we always have a choice. Even when it seems that there is no option, there is always something else that can be done. What happens in our lives is the result of decisions that we make.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
5/29/2011 - The beginning 6/9/2012 - HALFWAY! August 2011 July 2012
Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 loosh

loosh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:10 PM

I am another who is not hungry first thing in the morinng. I have coffee, then bfast after an hour or so. Please do it. It will help. The breakfast bars are so easy to eat, taste good, and portable. Love them!!

#14 Degu

Degu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:23 PM

QUOTE(jmcape @ Jul 25 2011, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I used to eat at 3pm and then at 9pm. But my metabolism used to be a lot higher also. I am not hungry in the morning so I have coffee and eat probably half of my breakfast. What I find though, is that my mind is a lot clearer when I eat breakfast than when I just have coffee waiting for the caffeine kick. It is true that the more you eat breakfast the more your body wants breakfast.

But the main thing is that you need to eat every 3 hours to keep your metabolism burning at its highest rate. So if you want to lose weight I would say "force the breakfast down"! You will get to where you look forward to it.
Posted Image

#15 Mojo80

Mojo80

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:39 AM

I've never been a breakfast eater but what I've been doing is eating a yogart and fruit in the morning, eating my breakfast at lunch time and combining my lunch and dinner. It's been working well with me because I'm not hungry at at all and I've been losing. I think finding what works best for you is the most important part of this plan, you are more likely to stick to it. :D

#16 joan719

joan719

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:30 PM

After working shift at the hospital for almost 40 years, I slept mornings and started my eating pattern for the day at 12 noon. Even on days off, I would have only coffee and wait until 12 noon, because the hunger wasn't there, the coffee was perfect and I was not going to force myself to eat anything, if I didn't want it. It worked out very well for me. Even now, being retired, I follow the same schedule and it working out extremely well for me. My 'three hour rule' begins each day at noon and so on. :)
'Let's not be narrow, nasty and negative'. T.S. Eliot
'I've always believed that you can think positive just as well as you can think negative'. Robinson

'What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us
are tiny matters, compared to what lies within us'.
Walt Emerson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users