27 replies to this topic

#21 Susanjt

Susanjt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:23 AM

I'm a vegetarian restarted beginning of the new year. I need some serious tips to help me not get bored with the food. Anything and everything you can tell me about what you add to our meals to make them interesting will help. I like pizza but am already over it! What can I add to make the pizzas taste better?!?!! I am used to sauce and yumminess!

I like to saute shallots or onions and mushrooms in Pam. Sometimes I throw in spinach too sometimes. I've seen elsewhere on the boards that you can have 35 cal of anything as 1 limited free item (you can have up to 3 a day). So you could add some 1 Tbs grated parmesan (22 cal) to add some extra flavor.

For the mac and cheese I usually add broccoli and 1/4 oz cheese (you have to add 1/2 meat serving to it). Those are my few little tips.

Susan
Susan

Posted Image

Height: 5'4"
SW - 220.4
Goal - 160
Returning Weight - 213
CW - 202

#22 I Called Jenny

I Called Jenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 10:45 AM

Two of our very successful JCers put together a number of recipes (not all vegetarian but I'm sure you'll find some of the foods you do eat on these lists). Check them out - they're fabulous. :)

http://community.jen...1377#entry31377

http://nothankstocak...like-crazy.html
Phyllis

Height: 5'2
SW - 177.6
Goal! - 132
Returning Weight - 143
CW - GOAL AGAIN!!!

Posted Image

Before JC with hubby and nephews in 2006/After JC (2nd time) in 2011

Posted Image

Posted Image

#23 DonnaLee0213

DonnaLee0213

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:42 AM

Thanks for sharing Phyllis!
I am jumping in here too for veggie ideas / tips / recipes
I have had good success on program twice before, but both times have quit because of limited veggie options
Susan, I had not thought of adding to the mac and cheese, that's one of my favourites!
Maybe I will try adding some veggie meat crumbles to it...

SW - 276.4 (May 3, 2014)

Week 1 - 270.2 (May 10, 2014)

Week 2 - 268 (May 17, 2014)

Week 3 -  264.8 (May 24, 2014)

Mini goal #1 - under 270 lbs before the end of May - 268 May 17, 2014 :wub:

Mini goal #2 - under 200 lbs by the end of 2014

Memorial Day Challenge goal - 5 lbs in next two weigh ins = 265.2 by May 26, 2014 - 264.8 May 24, 2014 :wub:

July 4th challenge goal - 10 lbs in next 6 weigh ins = under 255 by July 5, 2014

Mle7m4.png

#24 JennyVeg

JennyVeg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

I've been on the program for ONE WEEK and I am loving it. I love that protein isn't something that I need to think about-- heck, there are 10g of protein in just the Anytime bars!! I don't mind the repetition, but I'm looking for some 'free soup' options to get me through. I loved the vegetable minestrone soupetizer, but I want to be able to make something on my own. It's nice to see some other veggies here! Hooray for Jenny Vegs!

#25 ctiff123

ctiff123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:50 PM

I, too, am a vegetarian and I just started. I am on Day #2. I agree about all the pasta. However, my biggest concern was getting in enough protein and such. I also use MyFitnessPal as a guide and I went off plan a little today and had a slice of pizza from the local pizza shop and for lunch I had a low fat cheese sandwich on whole grain bread and some mayo. Even though I consumed more than 1200 calories according to this tracker, I am cutting myself some slack because this has been the best that I have stuck with a "diet lifestyle change" so far.

I am seeking for progress not perfection; that is what the lady said that helped me sign up for this plan.

I will say that I have made some awesome changes so far. I have tried whole grain cereal (the one in the packet from JC) and I have really enjoyed it. I have also tried the whole grain bread from the store which I have never been brave enough to attempt before and I actually felt that my sandwich was less starchy but with more flavor (maybe I was just hungry LOL).

So I am in this to make small changes.

So far I have been hungry a few times but nothing drastic like I was on WW. I actually at times feel over full. I have tried both days so far to get my water in and I believe it really does help!
Posted Image

Starting weight    05/31/2012 - 209.8
   06/07/2012  - 207.6    (-2.2)

#26 marcifer

marcifer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:55 PM

I was really inspired by finding this thread. I made the conscious choice to start eating meat again when I joined Jenny Craig a few weeks ago, because I knew that such limited food choices would bore me quickly and I'd find it that much harder to stick with... and I also had the same concerns about being able to lose any weight eating basically nothing but carbs/starches.

But seeing that y'all have had such success and managed to stick with the few meatless options JC has... I am inspired to give it a try! I will make this next week meat-free, and if I don't lose my mind out of food repetition, I hope to stick with it. :D

#27 dianeiam

dianeiam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:45 AM

Hi-
Any vegetarians out there in 2012? Just starting back again as a vegetarian and would like to connect with others.
Thanks

#28 Veggie Eater

Veggie Eater

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

Diane, I don't know if you're still here (or if anyone else is reading the veg board), but I am a long-time Jenny client. I lost 35 pounds nine years ago, going from size 10/12 to a size 0/2, and I did it on the veg diet. I decided that the 0/2 size was just too skinny for me, and not realistic, so I chose to put on about 10 of those pounds. I maintained at that weight for about eight years, until starting a new job a little over a year ago and gaining about 20 pounds. So I have rejoined. When I lost the weight the first time I was very religious about the program and it worked well and quickly. I hope I am as successful this time.

Unfortunately, it seems there are even fewer vegetarian options this time around. It always surprises me how little Jenny offers by way of vegetarian meals--I know many meat eaters who prefer not to eat chicken or beef at every meal. This time around, I'm basically living off of pizza.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users