27 replies to this topic

#1 SetMeFree

SetMeFree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:56 PM

I just need to know is there any vegetarians on here who have done well on JC and and had success with their weight loss program, If so please share with me how much you have lost. I guess I just need to know it will work for us, knowing that most of our meals are all pasta, which I really love but for some reason it is hard for my mind to beleive that my body will relase weight eating all this pasta. Im so excited and am doing perfect, had a big 4 pounds on my first week, but no loss this week. but im moving forward and I am trusting that JC will work and I willreach my goal. I just need to hear of at least one vegetarian who is loosing and doing good too. So anyone out there???????

#2 SetMeFree

SetMeFree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:40 AM

Really? No one?

I guess that settles it. I will have to be the pioneer who succeeds at reaching her goal. I know I could be out eating the most wonderful vegetarian dishes out there, iv been doing that forever but am not loosing weight doing that, im not disciplined enough yet to loose weight on my own or I would have. So that is why I am here, not for the food, but for the support, I love it, the message board, the center, My JCC, she is great, and no I wont be eating this food forever, yes, Im sure I will get bored with it, but I will eat it as long as I half to if that is going to help me get this weight off, I knew that when I signed on, so Im ready and up for the challenge. My goal is of course to loose the 74 pounds, but my great Joy will be possible inspiring and helping other vegetarians on here make it to their goal as well. So Im excited about this new journey Im on and if anyone wants to join in on here vegetarian or not, come on in and lets support and lift each other up.

Have the best day ever. smile.gif

#3 frana

frana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 02:15 PM

I have done many weeks of JC non-meat choices. Breakfasts are plentiful. Lunch gets a litttle restrictive, as well as dinner. Snacks are easy.

If you don't mind the repetition (I didn't) and you're committed, then you'll be succesful... period.

Good Luck to you.
Height: 5'8"
Heaviest: 176.0
SW: 155.9
GW: 136.0 Reached 06/2010
CW: 136.2

#4 SetMeFree

SetMeFree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:40 PM

Great, sounds like you are happy with it all too. Im very excited. Already in just 2 weeks i can tell me energy has already picked up so much. Looking forward to my next weigh in next Tuesday.

Thanks for posting a response.

#5 Wishing2bskinny

Wishing2bskinny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:51 PM

I've lost 36 lbs since starting JC in 2007 & have maintained at my current weight for a year now. I don't mind the repetition. I just change up the veggies on my lunch pizza to different things & dinners are usually lasagna or pasta fagioli. JC does work for even vegetarians as long as you don't let you own mind get in the way. Vary meals with different veggies.

Good Luck!
SD: 09/12/07
Ht: 5' 3.5"
SW: 165.6
CW: 129.2
GW: 115

Halfway mark: 140 (12/26/07 passed)
Healthy weight: 135 (01/30/08 passed)
3/4 mark: 127.6 lbs (08/20/08 passed)

02/05/2011 4 mile Snowflake race completed in 32:37
05/01/2011 Long Island Half Marathon completed in 02:01:35
05/29/2011 Long Beach City Managers 10 Mile Run completed in 01:30:19
06/16/2011 JPMorgan Chase 3.5 mile Corporate Challenge completed in 29:54
10/02/2011 Divas Half Marathon at Long Island completed in 01:52:44

"Do not give up when you still have something to give.
Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying."

"You can do anything if you get out of your own way"

#6 SetMeFree

SetMeFree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:53 AM

Thanks for posting!!

I agree, once we get our head together and thinking positive thoughts the body will follow, then move forard toward our goals and Dreams. Im so having a great week. It just happens to be one that is not crazy or so over welming with details or stress so that really help and Im enjoying every moment of it as who knows what next week will bring. LOl. Oh another good thing, I have also found that I enjoy getting a few non veggie meals like the beef chow mein or the cashew chicken, which only has about 3 tiny pieces of meat on them, I just take them off and exchange it for a serving of tofu lite whcih = 1 meat so for anyone tired of Pasta it gives you at least something a little different. I only do like one a week just to toss up the mix a little.

It's Friday and Im so looking forward to it and riding my horse as well. I just found out you burnlike 300 calories for every hour you ride. Now thats good news if iv ever heard any as riding and horses are my ultimate passion.

Have a great week end everyone.

#7 livelaughlove714

livelaughlove714

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:30 AM

I do the same thing... for variety, I purchase some of the non-vegetarian meals and substitute Morning Star and Boca products for the meat. It means really picking through the entrees, but it's worth it, as I get bored very quickly eating the same things every day.

#8 SetMeFree

SetMeFree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 10:42 AM

Yeaaaaaaaaa,
Im really happy, just finished 4 weeks, and my total loss is combined is 8 pounds, and have lost almost 12 inches all over, woo hooo, this momma is happy. I had to do a field trip to epcot all day and took my JC snakes and dressings for some saleds, I did great the entire time. Im just so surprised at how easy this diet seems to be working for me. Im not loosing as fast as some crash diets, but on them i never got to enjoy any good food, so this to me is so much better in the long run. Slow and steady wins the race, and a few snacks and deserts included, you just cant beat that. smile.gif

#9 SetMeFree

SetMeFree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:44 PM

just checking in, Im happy to say iv lost a total of 25 pounds now in 14 weeks, and Im just blown away how well this diet works. Hope everyone is doing great and feeling wonderful as well. I am finding all kind of ways to make our veggie entree a bit better by adding different things to them that are listed in the free foods. Just have to get creative and have fun with it all.

Have a great week and I will check back in soon.

#10 Take It Off

Take It Off

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE(SetMeFree @ May 16 2011, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just checking in, Im happy to say iv lost a total of 25 pounds now in 14 weeks, and Im just blown away how well this diet works. Hope everyone is doing great and feeling wonderful as well. I am finding all kind of ways to make our veggie entree a bit better by adding different things to them that are listed in the free foods. Just have to get creative and have fun with it all.

Awesome!!

#11 dijarm

dijarm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,087 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:20 AM

Definately limited choices for us vegetarians! I've past half way and have only 5lbs to my goal. From week 2 I was substituting with Lean Cuisine, and Smart Ones to add variety. I'm just so happy now that I do momo and domo and still losing!

Started March 10, 2011
height-5'7
sw-195
1st goal-170
2nd goal-150 Aug. 2011 and still lost more!
maintenance weight-145

3 YEARS OF MAINTENANCE!! WHOOHOO!

http://i1090.photobu...an/Untitled.jpg[/img]P1020021.jpg

#12 frana

frana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:36 PM

You can also take the chicken out of the fajitas and replace it with 2 oz tofu.

Height: 5'8"
Heaviest: 176.0
SW: 155.9
GW: 136.0 Reached 06/2010
CW: 136.2

#13 LisaAnnW

LisaAnnW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE(SetMeFree @ May 16 2011, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi - I am a new member and a vegetarian. It is great to know this can work and I love the ideas people have shared to make this work and not get bored by the repetition.

Thanks.

#14 SetMeFree

SetMeFree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:45 PM

Just passing by here, life has got so busy I dont get to get on much, but im so happy to say, im still doing great, Iv lost almost 40, have met my half way mark, and now get to have fun trying to plan a few of my own meals my self. my life is changing before my eyes. I no longer even think about diet or how much longer or more to go, I just do the plan and live life and have fun, and every week i am still so thrilled to see the weight coming off. all the great tips above is the same that I do and have had no problems at all as far as being a vegetarian member. Loving it so much.

#15 trekkievet

trekkievet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:58 AM

I have lost 18# and have been at my goal weight for 14 weeks now. I got to where I made dinner for the family using healthy vegetarian options and actually have a little stockpile of Jenny Craig meals for nights I don't have time to cook. I have been vegetarian for 5 years now, so they are used to it. But I had to get out of the cheese ravioli/cheese pizza rut. I have also been watching "Hungry Girl" and using some of her recipes for healthy dishes. I either don't make the non-veg ones, or substitute tofu/etc. for the protein.

My biggest problem was my consultant kept forgetting I was vegetarian and would tell me all about the great new chicken dishes available when I ordered. I got tired of telling her every week I was vegetarian, so I just didn't any more. Otherwise, I am extremely happy being back to a size 8 and get compliments on how I look, especially from co-workers who have shared my journey with me.

I am glad to find a forum to talk to other vegetarians.

#16 SetMeFree

SetMeFree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:52 AM

That is fantastic, I too have said that i will alway keep some JC meals for those kind of nights as we all have them and it is so nice to just grab one. Thanks for sharing. My JCC was so helpful and actually had great suggestions. I feel so blessed to have met her. She may be moving away now to a different city but we have become good friends so will stay in touch to support one another.

Thanks for inspiring me I would love to get down to a size 8. wooo hooooo!!

#17 SetMeFree

SetMeFree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:49 AM

Hello friends,
Just wanted to say that Im still doing great, hit my 50 pound total loss mark a week ago and just am so happy. Still getting creative with the meals, but of course since im past my half way mark, i get to now make some of my own a few days a week, which if you all can hang in there and get to the half way mark you can start adding your own wonderful favorite veggie dishes into the plan. It has been the most wonderful diet plan iv ever been on and had fun as well. I have about 26 more pounds to hit my goal, and of course the weight loss is a bit slower,or I should say in much smaller amounts each week. Like .08 or 1 pound and sometimes just stays the same, instead of 2 or 3 pounds, but I dont even worrie about that because they add up and before I know it iv last another 5 or 10 pounds. The old me use to give up when I got stuck or came to a stand still, but my consultant was so good to promise me if I just push through, the body will eventullay release that weight, she was right!! so im pushing on through past where iv never gone before, and that is really exciting to me. So my vegetatian friends as well as every one on JC. Just keep pushing on!!
Love and Hugs to all.

#18 marree

marree

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:09 PM

Hi,
I have lost 54 lbs and now over Christmas, my weight has crept up by over 4 pounds. :( I am having a hard time maintaining a focus on my eating and have given in to extras, rich foods. I am having a hard time keeping a routine of exercise. Does anyone have this problem? I have to get back to my routines! I think focus is everything for me and I seem to be distracted by other people and events in my life! :o

#19 SetMeFree

SetMeFree

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:27 AM

Hello Marree,

Well I have to say, I have done about the same, my Birthday is around Christmas and I turned 50, and I really wanted to let go, not the best choice, but we are human, so I actually gave my self permission to just enjoy a few extras during my Birthday, and Christmas, but I ended up extending the extra, through new year as well. Lol,

So I had my fling and basically anything I wanted, I gained about 5 pounds, which Im not stressing over because I already except the fact that I knew ahead this would happen and would get right back on as soon as possible, and now I have,

The main thing is to not be upset with your self, and to just say, ok I had a blast, party is over, and now lets get back on track 100% and since it is like starting over again those 4 pounds will come off quickly, kind of like the first few weeks in the beginning, every one looses the most when they first start, iv been back on for a week now and lost 4 already this week. But we have to be 100%

The thing that helped me was setting a new goal as well, something that would get me super excited again. For me I have decided I want a brand new Saddle for my horse. Iv been riding in an old ugly one for 10 years, it is so huge and heavey, and I want to see my self riding in a brand new pretty one and I know when I loose the next 20 or 30, I will love how im going to fit in that saddle as well as how happy my horse will be with less weight on her back.

So is there something really great that you can reward your self with that would motivate you to want to jump back on track 100% that the desire of that reward is much more exciting than the rich foods? Take your time, think about something that really makes you happy, what is that?? maybe, clothing, Maye getting ready for summer time and cute out fits, maybe a trip some where, maybe a new car, maybe going back and visiting someone you knew when you were young. I even have a picture cut out of my saddle just to keep me excited. anyway.

Not sure if any of this will help, but this is how im getting past my little bump in the road. I always tell my self, this is just for now, If i give up something right now, it is not forever, It is just until I get all my weight off, then after that, we can have things we love of our choice, even the rich food, but when we are in maintenance we will do it in small portions and be in control over it all.

Hang in there, and maybe take some time out from others who may not inspire you, and more time with those who will, and if you have no one to do so, then I find reading my favorite health magazines, like Body and soul, yoga and meditation, veggie times, anything that lifts you up, lifts your spirit, read it and look at all the beautiful pictures, and soon you will be feeling so good inside and ready to get back on board to become the new you that is inside and so ready to take on the world.

We can do this!!!!

#20 walkitoff

walkitoff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:25 PM

I'm a vegetarian restarted beginning of the new year. I need some serious tips to help me not get bored with the food. Anything and everything you can tell me about what you add to our meals to make them interesting will help. I like pizza but am already over it! What can I add to make the pizzas taste better?!?!! I am used to sauce and yumminess!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users