• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 carolinagirl25

carolinagirl25

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 07:12 AM

Hi everyone. Can anyone share with me what Jenny Craig will cost me per month/week? I have 60 lbs to lose

I dont have the money to join Jenny Craig at this time, but will be joining as soon as I can. Finances are tight right now.

Im doing my best to do a modified JC diet. I bought some Pria bars, usually eat a Smart Ones or Lean Cuisine for lunch & make a healthy dinner for me & the family of course salad, fruit, veggies too. I still struggle with grazing throughout the day & portions. I know the grocery store food is not nutritional identical to JC food sad.gif but they do help with portion control (even if they are a bit larger than JC) biggrin.gif

I am familiar with exchanges & am just trying to eat balanced.
I want to join JC but until I can afford it, Im doing the best I can with what is available to me :-)

Thank you!
SW: 221.2

#2 JWinATL

JWinATL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,078 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:10 AM

Carolina: I love Jenny Craig, and it has been wonderful for me. The cost varies by individual. Personally, I don't eat the anytime bars (don't care for them), so I have the yogurt and Multiplus vitamin instead. Either way, the cost is roughly $125 a week. I also use the Protect Plus vitamins which contain antioxidants. I swear by the vitamins. I have always used them, and my results speak for themselves!

I highly recommend the Planned Menus as opposed to Personalized because you get the best results. But, I have a friend who could not afford as many of the frozen foods as they are the more expensive items, and she did well selecting the shelf-stable foods to a greater extent.

No, Jenny is not inexpensive. But, if you think about monies we all waste on lattes and lunching out (even at a fast food restaurant), you will see the money you invest in yourself will pay off. Besides the Jenny foods, you still have to buy milk, fruit and veggies.

It is up to you, but I think it is the best program FOR ME.

LOVE, JILL
Started 1/5/04 - weighed 282.8
5/24/04 - 216.2 HALFWAY!
5/21/05 - 164.6

Fresh Start 9/6/2010 - 205.8 Goal: 170 (being realistic)
April 4, 2011 - 170 GOAL!!!!!

Posted Image January, 2004
Posted Image March, 2011

Cruise - December, 2011

Posted Image

#3 joan719

joan719

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:02 PM

Jenny is affordable if you trade off the foods/drinks you don't need and purchase(JC) the ones you do need. That is, if your weight loss efforts are sincere, and yours sounds like they are. Join when you can. Only you know what you really can afford, the forum can only offer you their good advice, such as Jill, who is one of a handful of posters I rely on, for information. They are my "go-to" peeps!! laugh.gif Best wishes and success to you when you get your journey in flight! smile.gif
'Let's not be narrow, nasty and negative'. T.S. Eliot
'I've always believed that you can think positive just as well as you can think negative'. Robinson

'What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us
are tiny matters, compared to what lies within us'.
Walt Emerson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users