• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Paulala

Paulala

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:56 PM

Just signed up for JC today, start my first menu tomorrow. Spent the eve of my program pigging out on mountain dew, mashed potatoes, and chocolate cake, so you can tell I'm off to a terrific start.

But in all seriousness, I'm super excited for this program and I think it'll really help me out. I've been carrying around about 30 extra pounds of weight for several years now and I'm sick of it!

My biggest problem with trying to lose weight is trying to eat healthy in social gatherings - I see everyone eating chips and drinking soda and any and all willpower I have goes away! I know this'll be a challenge for me on the program as well (especially in college! yikes!). Anybody got any tips for a new start-up like me?

Or if anybody has felt similar anxieties and just wants to vent to me, vent away here.

#2 fbtmokristina

fbtmokristina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 10:39 AM

I definitely know what you mean. I'm in college and on the program too. What I do with social gatherings is pretty simple. If I'm going to a party, I bring single packets of crystal light in my bag and drink that instead of soft drinks or alcohol, and sometimes bring a veggie platter to snack on. When I go out to a restaurant with friends, I just get a salad. It's not too difficult. I found that I started to care a lot less what people thought after I started feeling better about myself. And if people think you're lame for eating healthy, they're the ones that will be paying for their crumby food choices later.
Kristina
SW: 177
GW: 140

Week 1:
Week 2:
Week 3:
Week 4:

#3 MeL01

MeL01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:42 PM

Hey ladies, I am a recent college graduate, I graduated from the best state school in Florida FIU!!! I have been in your shoes (I'm only 26) so yes I know all about the social gatherings such as the mixer parties, pool parties, beach parties, Sunday nights at the bars, we have a Chillis on campus as well, late night studying so wed grab pizza, Starbucks frappuchinos in the library, yeaap temptation was everywhere for me. And the weight of all that didn't creep up on me until now in my mid 20s, so be proud that you are doing this diet now and not in your mid 20s when it's harder to lose weight because your metabolism changes from teens to mid 20s drastically!! Anyways you girls ever need big sister support let me know!!!

#4 a_red_dress

a_red_dress

Sheila

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,851 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:39 PM

Yeah...refuse to fall into the trap that there is a "dreaded college 10-15 pounds!"  NO...tell yourself I'm not gonna let this happen to me I'm going to be mindful of my eating.  So if you work at it, it won't be an issue!  knowledge is power so be strong and resist those fattening foods!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users