• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 nonnie23

nonnie23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:07 AM

I read on one of these boards that Pria bars are a good substitute for the anytime bars and much less costly. However I researched the Pria Bar vs the Anytime Bar and the Pria is 5g less Protien and 4g more carbs. However they are $.80 a bar vs the Anytime bar at $1.40 each. Any suggestions?

#2 LesterLou

LesterLou

Oldtimer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:19 AM

You have to do what feels right and makes sense to you.

Personally, I go with the AT bars. I like that they are nutritionally balanced to go with the JC program. I like the taste, size, convenience of them. I also don't have a problem with the cost.

You'll read lots of things that some people do to tweak their programs. It works for some and not for others. I would rather stick with the program as written and proven so that when I have struggles both my consultant and I know where to look... not at the multiple tweaks that I've made to the program. It just simplifies things.

Of course, many people have lost weight without JC. So certainly the bars are not magic. Just another tool in the JC toolbox.

#3 Blessed4Life2

Blessed4Life2

(:Forum Optimistologist:)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,977 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:11 PM

As far as taste the Pria Bars far out weigh the AT Bars. The Prias are so delish....taste like girl scout cookies, which can get ME in alot of trouble honestly.

The AT Bars and Pria's are both made by Nestle. Although some may disagree, they are very similar in nut. values. The differences are so minimal I dont think it will make or break your weight loss program.

Here are the Nutritional Values of both....

Anytime Bar
Serving Size: 1 bar (27 grams)

Amount per Serving
  • Calories 110 Calories from Fat 25
% Daily Value *
  • Total Fat 3g 5%
  • Saturated Fat 1.5g 8%
  • Trans Fat 0g
  • Cholesterol 0mg 0%
  • Sodium 65mg 3%
  • Potassium 40mg 1%
  • Total Carbohydrate 12g 4%
  • Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
  • Sugars 7g
  • Protein 8g 16%
  • Vitamin A30%
  • Vitamin C100%
  • Calcium20%
  • Iron50%
  • Vitamin E50%
  • Thiamin (B1)20%
  • Riboflavin (B2)20%
  • Niacin (B3)20%
  • Vitamin B620%
  • Folic Acid (Folate)100%
  • Vitamin B1220%
  • Magnesium25%
  • Panthothenic Acid20%
  • Zinc25%
  • Chromium25%
Est. Percent of Calories from:Fat 24.5% Carbs 43.6% Protein 29.1%
--------------------------------------------------------------

Chocolate Mint Pria bars

Nutrition Facts
Serving size 1 bar

Calories 110

Calories from fat 30
* Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Amount/Serving% DV*Total Fat 3.5g5% Sat Fat 2.5g13% Trans Fat 0g Cholesterol 0mg0% Sodium 90mg4% Amount/Serving% DV*Total Carb 15g5% Dietary Fiber 1g4% Sugars 9g Protein 5g10%
  • Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 60% Biotin 30% Pantothenic Acid 60% Calcium 30% Iron 20% Phosphorus 15% Iodine 15% Vitamin E 60%
  • Vitamin K 15% Magnesium 15% Zinc 15% Thiamin 30% Riboflavin 30% Selenium 15% Copper 15% Niacin 30%
  • Vitamin B6 30% Manganese 15% Chromium 15% Folate 60% Vitamin B12 60%
  • Molybdenum 15%
Ingredients
Cocoa Crisp (Soy Protein Isolate, Rice Flour, Alkalized Cocoa), Brown Rice Syrup, Chocolatey Coating (Sugar, Fractionated Palm Kernel Oil, Alkalized Cocoa, Soy Lecithin, Vanilla), Soy Protein Isolate, Natural Flavor, Oat Fiber, Glycerin, Peanut Butter, Almond Butter, Calcium Caseinate. MINERALS: Calcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Oxide, Iron (Ferrous Fumarate), Zinc Oxide, Copper Gluconate, Manganese Sulfate, Chromium Chloride, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Molybdate, Sodium Selenite. VITAMINS: Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Vitamin E Acetate, Pantothenic Acid (Calcium Pantothenate), Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide), Vitamin B6, Vitamin B2, Folic Acid, Vitamin B1 (Thiamin Mononitrate), Beta Carotene (Contains Soy), Biotin, Vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin K, Vitamin B12. Contains Almond, Milk, Peanut and Soy Ingredients. Made on equipment that also processes wheat.

*´¨)
  ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•`
MeLissa~

Posted Image

"reached my goal (-64 lbs) and now ROCKIN' maintenance....WooHoooooo"

#4 nonnie23

nonnie23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:46 AM

Thanks so much for you input both of you. I've decided to stay with the Anytime Bars. The Pria bars are no longer in stores and the ones on line are on sale which makes be believe that they will be no longer making them. I don't know what an AT bar is anyway. That tells me to stay put! Thanks again.

#5 Blessed4Life2

Blessed4Life2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,977 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:21 PM

QUOTE(nonnie23 @ Jan 7 2011, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks so much for you input both of you. I've decided to stay with the Anytime Bars. The Pria bars are no longer in stores and the ones on line are on sale which makes be believe that they will be no longer making them. I don't know what an AT bar is anyway. That tells me to stay put! Thanks again.

Nonnie, AT is Anytime bars...sorry, getting too lazy to spell out.

The Pria Bars are selling still , and very strong I might add. Someone online is always running a sale on them. They are very good....almost too good, I really have to watch myself with them.

If you decide the AT bars arent working for ya, then try the prias.

*´¨)
  ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•`
MeLissa~

Posted Image

#6 nonnie23

nonnie23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 07:59 AM

Duh - AT = Anytime Bars................gads...................!!!!! I just thought that Pria bars might be cheaper, and they are, but I'll stick with the AT bars. They're good and I know they are the right thing for me to have on Jenny. Thanks for the input.

Love the pix with your new grandson. Love him to death. You can never get enough of them.

#7 Blessed4Life2

Blessed4Life2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,977 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE(nonnie23 @ Jan 10 2011, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Love the pix with your new grandson. Love him to death. You can never get enough of them.

Thx Nonnie......I have to have my baby 'fix' daily, he is so snuggly and precious wub.gif
*´¨)
  ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•`
MeLissa~

Posted Image

#8 nonnie23

nonnie23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 08:42 AM

I am losing so slowly on the program (story of my life) that I get discouraged. I'm determined to keep going and adding exercise gradually. I walk with my friend (we joined Jenny together) at the mall twice a week. Once a week I try to do a 30 minute Jenny DVD. At work, whenever I get up to use the rest room I walk the entire length of the building including down a staircase and up one. I'm fighting eating out. It's a social thing. Had lunch with a friend yesterday and then ate out with my monthly supper club last night. Made good choices, but I'm sure it will effect my weight loss. It's just so hard.

Bummed.

Nonnie

#9 cagey419

cagey419

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:11 PM

I sometimes use Pria bars but mainly because they have less iron. Most women don't need an iron supplement after menopause and in fact it's not heart healthy to take additional iron. I've found a few other bars that serve the purpose as well and they all cost less than anytimes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users