16 replies to this topic

#1 Beaner5

Beaner5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:30 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am almost to goal weight and would like to transition to a substitute for the anytime bar.  Something that I can buy in a grocery store.  Has anyone had any success with a mid morning snack like the bar?  Thanks for replying.

Beaner5

#2 tipseytoodle

tipseytoodle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:51 PM

I am looking for one too!

I read a post elsewhere that the Luna bars were a good substitute.  They are fantastic, and less calories.  They don't have as much protein though.

I've also heard the Pria bars (I think that's what they are called) are good, but we don't have those in Canada, so I haven't tried them.

Be sure to post if you find something!
Cari

Start date: Nov 16th, 2010

#3 julie_bean

julie_bean

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 01:59 PM

How many cals are in the Anytime bars? I never buy them anymore as I don't care for the consistency. I replace them with a low-fat string cheese (60 cals) and multivitamin (upon suggestion of my JCC), or a Pria bar (110 cals) in mint chocolate cookie flavor.

I'm looking at a Luna bar right now and it's 180 cals for the whole bar - so I'm not sure that's a good substitution...

#4 Beaner5

Beaner5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE(tipseytoodle @ Jan 3 2011, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I read a post elsewhere that the Luna bars were a good substitute.  They are fantastic, and less calories.  They don't have as much protein though.

I've also heard the Pria bars (I think that's what they are called) are good, but we don't have those in Canada, so I haven't tried them.

#5 Beaner5

Beaner5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:44 PM

I have been using the Weight Watchers string cheese (40 cal) and everyone is saying the Pria bar is a good sub but not as filling as the anytime bar.

#6 ljn162

ljn162

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:01 AM

I eat the Pria bars and like them sooooo much better than the Anytime bars. I get mine from drugstore.com at a pretty good discount and I order 3 boxes at a time to get the free shipping.

#7 LazyZebra

LazyZebra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:06 PM

I never could tolerate the Anytime bar and have substituted with yogurt, cheese or hard boiled egg.   There are also some protein bars out there but they are very high in calories and sugar so I've avoided them.  I take vitamins every day as well.
Leslie - Lazy Zebra

First Goal - 145 lbs -  Met 8/10/2010.  Lost 24 pounds in 16 weeks, Average 1.5 lbs/week
Second Goal - Zap those last 10 pounds!!

Whether you say "I can" or "I can't",  you're right!

#8 Blessed4Life2

Blessed4Life2

(:Forum Optimistologist:)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,977 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE(ljn162 @ Jan 11 2011, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I eat the Pria bars and like them sooooo much better than the Anytime bars. I get mine from drugstore.com at a pretty good discount and I order 3 boxes at a time to get the free shipping.

...and they are only 110 calories wink.gif
*´¨)
  ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•`
MeLissa~

Posted Image

"reached my goal (-64 lbs) and now ROCKIN' maintenance....WooHoooooo"

#9 JennyPat

JennyPat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:17 AM

So what department in the grocery store would you find the Pria bars? I have been using fiber one bars, but there are more calories, not as much protien, and more sugar in them them as I would like.

Jenny P
Started JC 2/18/2010 ....192 pounds
Hit goal 10/28/2010 ....145 pounds

#10 Blessed4Life2

Blessed4Life2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,977 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE(JennyPat @ Jan 26 2011, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So what department in the grocery store would you find the Pria bars? I have been using fiber one bars, but there are more calories, not as much protien, and more sugar in them them as I would like.

Jenny P

I have not ever found them a grocery store, like some others have. They are by all the other health bars in the healh food stores though. I order mine from Drugstore.com..... cheaper. At whole foods I have paid 16.99 a box, but online they are 12.99.
*´¨)
  ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•`
MeLissa~

Posted Image

#11 JennyPat

JennyPat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:10 AM

Thanks! I will have to check that out, we only have one little health food store in our town, they "might" have it. But maybe I will order them instead. Easier than driving to town, and forgetting to stop and check!

Jenny P

QUOTE(Blessed4Life2 @ Jan 26 2011, 04:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have not ever found them a grocery store, like some others have. They are by all the other health bars in the healh food stores though. I order mine from Drugstore.com..... cheaper. At whole foods I have paid 16.99 a box, but online they are 12.99.

Started JC 2/18/2010 ....192 pounds
Hit goal 10/28/2010 ....145 pounds

#12 Scrapbook Queen

Scrapbook Queen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE(JennyPat @ Jan 26 2011, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jenny P

If you like the Fiber One Bars, they make a higher fiber Fiber One bar (I love the chocolate chip!) that is only 90 calories.....the Anytime Bar is 110

Patti ><>
Start Weight - 217.2
Current Weight - 172.2
Goal Weight - 155

Posted Image

#13 Blessed4Life2

Blessed4Life2

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,977 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE(Scrapbook Queen @ Feb 1 2011, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you like the Fiber One Bars, they make a higher fiber Fiber One bar (I love the chocolate chip!) that is only 90 calories.....the Anytime Bar is 110

These are really good, and the sugar content is surprisingly low. I like the peanut butter chocolate, but my daughter likes the choco chip.....yummO tongue.gif
*´¨)
  ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•`
MeLissa~

Posted Image

#14 FitThinandHealthy

FitThinandHealthy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:45 PM

Im at Halfway point and every now and then I substitue my Anytime Bar with a smoothie using 1 scoop of Muscle Light Protein powder (97 calories), adding carrots and tomato and a serving of fruit.  Muscle Light comes in many flavors: strawberry or banana creme or vanilla works goes well with my veggies.  This really fills me up and provides a much higher grams of protein than the Anytime Bar.

#15 Lorraine37

Lorraine37

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE(Beaner5 @ Jan 3 2011, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Everyone,

I am almost to goal weight and would like to transition to a substitute for the anytime bar.  Something that I can buy in a grocery store.  Has anyone had any success with a mid morning snack like the bar?  Thanks for replying.

Beaner5

Sorry this reply is so late - I just saw it.  I had the same problem.  Forget the other kinds of bars - they cost too much and really aren't satisfying.  Go with a piece of string cheese.  It's a great substitute, especially if you have it with an apple.

#16 Lorraine37

Lorraine37

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE(tipseytoodle @ Jan 3 2011, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Try string cheese - even better with an apple.  Wonderful sub.

#17 Jehovah lover

Jehovah lover

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 03:54 PM

As I recall, JC is most concerned about vitamins and dairy in the Anytime Bar.  It and the salad dressings were the first to go when I got back on Jenny.  I take a couple of mega doses of very pricey argenix and Vit D plus a Kroger brand centrum silver every day.  But I strongly support South Beach snack and meal bars.  They have enough protein, snack bars are 100 cal, and they are LOW IN SUGAR.  Most of the other bars are high in sugar.  Check the labels.  Although the bars can be pricey, every now and then they'll be on sale.  If you're a member of Sam's Club you may find them in there cheaper too.  The more protein, the less hunger.  Keep that in mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users