has anyone started using the body media arm bands

#2 Sulynn

Sulynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:41 AM

I don't believe anyone has received the armbands as of yet.   My JC rep ordered mine on the 1st day, and she thought they would be in by today.   I haven't heard if it's in yet.   It appears that if you buy it directly from the company they are out of stock and back logged 4-6 weeks.    I am hoping that is not the case with our orders at JC.

I did some research online and there are many great reviews from people that purchased this product directly or from Amazon or Best Buy.   Most people like that the unit tracked their sleep paterns (Body Bugg doesn't have this feature) and many were surprised by the lack of calories there bodies were burning compared to the average charts that are out there.  The only complaint from the reviews was the lack of customer service from Body Media Fit and the fact that you have to pay for a subscription after you buy the unit.

From what I have seen Jenny is offering a great price and you get 6 months subscription with that price.  Also,  after that time period it's around $7.00 a month with a 12 month subscription.

I am anxious to start using the unit.   I know it will help motiviate me to move more.

Sulynn

Sulynn

#3 Kleeperez

Kleeperez

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:45 PM

[quote name='Sulynn' date='Dec 30 2010, 09:41 AM' post='597584']
I don't believe anyone has received the armbands as of yet.   My JC rep ordered mine on the 1st day, and she thought they would be in by today.   I haven't heard if it's in yet.   It appears that if you buy it directly from the company they are out of stock and back logged 4-6 weeks.    I am hoping that is not the case with our orders at JC.

I did some research online and there are many great reviews from people that purchased this product directly or from Amazon or Best Buy.   Most people like that the unit tracked their sleep paterns (Body Bugg doesn't have this feature) and many were surprised by the lack of calories there bodies were burning compared to the average charts that are out there.  The only complaint from the reviews was the lack of customer service from Body Media Fit and the fact that you have to pay for a subscription after you buy the unit.

From what I have seen Jenny is offering a great price and you get 6 months subscription with that price.  Also,  after that time period it's around $7.00 a month with a 12 month subscription.

I am anxious to start using the unit.   I know it will help motiviate me to move more.

Sulynn
[/quote]

I just ordered mine tonight and can't wait to get it. I have been looking into it for a while now. I hope that they are not back ordered.

Posted Image

Posted Image  (After my first try with JC)

SW: 239.8
CW:237.2
Goal: 140

Wk1: -2.6
Wk2:
Wk3:
Wk4:
Wk5:
Wk6:
Wk7:
Wk8:
Wk9:
Wk10:
Wk11:
Wk12:

#4 Jewel-ia

Jewel-ia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:52 AM

I just re-joined yesterday with the at home program. They did not say anything to me about the armbands being on back order, so I am hoping that mine will arrive on Tuesday with my food. I'll let you know if it does...here's hoping.

Have to admit that the armband will be a huge motivator to me. I am very competitive and can see myself trying to up the calorie ante (calories out) every day. I think the armband will be the best thing ever offered by a weight loss program.

[quote] From what I have seen Jenny is offering a great price and you get 6 months subscription with that price. Also,after that time period it's around $7.00 a month with a 12 month subscription. [/quote]True, Jenny does pay the subscription fee for 6 months, but was then told that I am responsible for the monthly fee at $40.00/month. But have to admit that $7.00 a month with a 12 month subscription sounds a lot more appealing. Hoping your information is more accurate than mine.  smile.gif

#5 Jewel-ia

Jewel-ia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:03 AM

Just a note of correction or clarification to what was written above....I was reading on another thread that the 12 months subscription is $78.00 for the year...have to admit that makes more sense than $7.00...but I sure wish it was $7.00. tongue.gif

I should mention that after your 6 months subscription with Jenny is up, it is $68.00 for the rest of the year (6 months) and then after that the $78.00 yearly subscription fee kicks in.

#6 TiffJ

TiffJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:21 AM

I bought mine from Costco yesterday because it was a better deal than what my center was charging. (they were charging $199 for unit & 6 mos subscription- Costco was $199 & 12 mos.)

I just started wearing it yesterday at 2:00 and I already LOVE IT!! I think it will be a great tool to keep me accountable and moving more. And I am not one for wearing things on my arms, but it doesnt bother me at all. The online info you download from it is so cool. I know you guys will love it!

#7 Jewel-ia

Jewel-ia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:30 AM

[quote name='TiffJ' date='Dec 31 2010, 03:21 AM' post='597661']
I bought mine from Costco yesterday because it was a better deal than what my center was charging. (they were charging $199 for unit & 6 mos subscription- Costco was $199 & 12 mos.)

I just started wearing it yesterday at 2:00 and I already LOVE IT!! I think it will be a great tool to keep me accountable and moving more. And I am not one for wearing things on my arms, but it doesnt bother me at all. The online info you download from it is so cool. I know you guys will love it!
[/quote]

I wish Costco in Canada sold the armbands, unfortunately, JC is the only way we can get it here. I guess the added bonus of getting it through Jenny, is that if you are doing their program, their foods are already programmed into the software database, so inputting your food is much easier and quicker.

I am so glad you are enjoying it...I can't wait to get mine. I sure hope that the rumours about the armbands being on back order are untrue.

Blessings,
smile.gif

#8 Wombat

Wombat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:19 AM

[quote name='Covenant keeper' date='Dec 31 2010, 05:30 AM' post='597665']
I wish Costco in Canada sold the armbands, unfortunately, JC is the only way we can get it here. I guess the added bonus of getting it through Jenny, is that if you are doing their program, their foods are already programmed into the software database, so inputting your food is much easier and quicker.

I am so glad you are enjoying it...I can't wait to get mine. I sure hope that the rumours about the armbands being on back order are untrue.

Blessings,
smile.gif
[/quote]

Let me jump in and clear up some possible confusion: The armbands are only on back order if you are trying to order them directly from the company that makes them. That's probably because JC bought them out! hahaha I would imagine JC made sure they had enough of the gadgets to be able to deliver them on time to their customers, so don't worry about them being on back order from JC! (not yet, anyway!)

#9 Sulynn

Sulynn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 07:33 AM

Glad to here that JC's band's are not on back order.   smile.gif

Also, just wanted to clarify from my post about the fee being about $7.00 after the 6 months.   I meant monthly if you buy the 12 month subcription for $78.00.   Thanks for clarifying ...Jewelia
Sulynn

#10 tipseytoodle

tipseytoodle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 07:42 AM

[quote name='Covenant keeper' date='Dec 31 2010, 02:30 AM' post='597665']

Blessings,
smile.gif
[/quote]

Go to the Body Media Fit website... it shows retailers in Canada you can get them, as well as how to order.  I checked Best Buy, but my local one didn't have them.  They are considerably more money though if you buy through BMF rather than Jenny.
Cari

Start date: Nov 16th, 2010

#11 KnittyKitty

KnittyKitty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 07:58 AM

I was the first in my Centre to order one on Monday morning; it has not yet arrived.   I had my normal weekly consult on Christmas Eve and then today New Year's Eve morning.  I lost 1# last week and 1# this week.  My goal was to just maintain for these 2 weeks of holiday craziness and instead got the Bonus of 2 weeks of losing.   Hopefully, my band may arrive on the truck with today's shipment to the centre; else we are hoping it arrives next week.   Really excited about churning and burning up some calories and being able to track again.   I had a old body bugg that I was going to upgrade when JC announced its offering, so woohoo!!
[url="http://www.myfitnesspal.com"][img]//badges.myfitnesspal.com/badges/show/338/6913/3386913.weight-togo-lg.gif[/img][/url]
[center]MyFitnessPal - Free [url="http://www.myfitnesspal.com"]Calorie Counter[/url][/center]

#12 MarionD

MarionD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 08:34 AM

[quote name='tipseytoodle' date='Dec 31 2010, 07:42 AM' post='597694']
Go to the Body Media Fit website... it shows retailers in Canada you can get them, as well as how to order.  I checked Best Buy, but my local one didn't have them.  They are considerably more money though if you buy through BMF rather than Jenny.
[/quote]

yeah I looked at that - all the retailers listed for Canada lead to the US websites and when I checked the Canadian website for Best Buy and Costco it didn't recognize the product name.
It is NOT cheap in canada, (which is ridiculous as the dollar is at 99 cents) but I ordered my band yesterday

Marion

Since starting JC Jan 2 2010

#13 Wombat

Wombat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 08:37 AM

[quote name='KnittyKitty' date='Dec 31 2010, 10:58 AM' post='597700']
I was the first in my Centre to order one on Monday morning; it has not yet arrived.   I had my normal weekly consult on Christmas Eve and then today New Year's Eve morning.  I lost 1# last week and 1# this week.  My goal was to just maintain for these 2 weeks of holiday craziness and instead got the Bonus of 2 weeks of losing.   Hopefully, my band may arrive on the truck with today's shipment to the centre; else we are hoping it arrives next week.   Really excited about churning and burning up some calories and being able to track again.   I had a old body bugg that I was going to upgrade when JC announced its offering, so woohoo!!
[/quote]

It's funny -- I have a couple of friends who have the BodyBugg, and I had no interest whatsoever in getting one. And when I first heard about the new JC Metabolic Max program, I was kind of 'meh' about it. But now I'm so excited about it, that I can't wait to get my gizmo and strap it on! I won't get mine until Monday, though, so I will have to exercise a little patience!

PS -- I have a feeling I'll be giving mine a name. :-)

#14 becki w

becki w

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:00 AM

I just bought mine this morning - I was disappointed to find they had to order it, I'm ready to jump in and go.  But it's supposed to be a week until they get it - I hope that's true.  To wait 4-6 weeks would severely disappoint me.  I got it at $149 because I'm a premium member, I guess.

I can't wait to get going.  My JCC has had one for 8 months, but couldn't talk about it or wear it to work because it wasn't a JC product.  She showed me her webpage with tracking and everything, it looks GREAT!

Weighed in this morning with a 1.2 loss, I'm at 188.8 now.  I haven't seen the 180's in two decades.  JC Rocks!
Becki

[/img][url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqJJCR5/]

#15 AuntaAnne

AuntaAnne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:24 AM

I ordered on on Wed the 29th and was told I would get it next week when I go for my appt. I hope it's true. I am hoping this is the key to getting me moving more. Lost 13.2 pounds since joining. It has been a struggle being 63 yrs old. Good Luck to all and Happy 2011.

#16 TiffJ

TiffJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:34 AM

Day 2 & I still love it! Sorry you can't get it from Costco in Canada. But the JC food is on their website so it is in there to input even if you don't buy if from JC. Easy breezy!  And if you happen to eat something that is not already in, you can add it & input calories, etc.

I wasnt all that excited either, when I first heard about it, but now I'm addicted to it!!  

I hope you guys get yours soon!

#17 Jewel-ia

Jewel-ia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:32 PM

Just wanted to pass along that if your live in Calgary, Canada, the Crowfoot location has the BodyMedia armbands on hand, so you could take it home the same day.

Mine is arriving on Tuesday, to coincide with a new season of Biggest Loser... laugh.gif

Good luck to everyone. Praying that all your (weight loss) dreams come true in the New Year.

Blessings,
smile.gif

#18 8675309j

8675309j

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:50 PM

Ive had mine for a week and LOVE IT

- Jenny
started Jan 25th, 2011 @221.6
Feb 1 = 217
Feb 22 = 210.6

#19 harleygirl17

harleygirl17

Harley Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:31 AM

have mine 2 weeks and the info that it gives is quite great, only if it is accurate which many of us are questioning....

so far I like it.  i never realized how "unactive" I was at work until now....booooo
Posted Image

Week 1 -4.8
Week 2 -1.0
Week 3 -2.4
Week 4  0   (booo)
Week 5 -1.0
Week 6 -0.4
Week 7- Royal
Week 8- Royal
Week 9- -1.6
Week 10- +1.8 urrrr
Week 11 -2.6
Week 12 -1.8
Week 13-15 cruise vacation
Week 16 + 8.0 (urrr dam Xmas & cruise)
week 17 -3.0  (Thank you Lord)
Week 18 -1.8
week 19 +.08  urrrrr (mom & dad)
Week 20 -1.2
Week 21 - 0.8 (still a lose..take it...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users