any one having problems eating Jenny foods and constipation

#2 SweetDreams

SweetDreams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 11:01 AM

It's not specific to JC foods for me. It started when I lost 120 lbs on my first JC stint. My doctor said she thinks it has more to do with the volume of food that I had been eating before. My colon is as stretched out as my skin was, and so it's not working as well as it should. Seems plausible to me anyway.

I take a daily natural supplement called Colon Cleanse that helps some. I just picked it up at the drug store. When things are really bad, I take Correctol. There's also an herbal tea that's a natural laxative that my Dr. recommended, but I didn't find that it helped me much.

The biggest thing for me is to drink LOTS of water (one of the big factors in colon health), especially if I'm increasing water soluble fiber. Otherwise. The fiber ends up making things worse.

Good luck. I know it's no fun!
Denise

A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
Steven Wright

Then 223.1
Now 190.5

#3 wantorun

wantorun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:45 PM

Thanks-
I might have to do something more-
just on my 5th glass of water today and drinking peppermint tea
tried Miralax-too!
sad.gif
Keep going! I hope!

#4 Lexykins

Lexykins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:56 AM

Usually the Jenny snack bars cause the opposite problem. The substitute is pria bars, although I don't know if powerbar still makes them.

Have you been taking any ibuprofen? Sometimes that causes constipation.

For general tummy trouble (other than peppermint tea) you should try seedless blackberry jam-it works really well on an upset stomach!

#5 Lanie's Grandma

Lanie's Grandma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

I've had this problem since the day I was born. It has nothing to do with eating less or this diet or that diet. I've found out the more water you drink and the more veggies you eat plus exercise does help the problem. Good Luck!

#6 I Called Jenny

I Called Jenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

I've been on maintenance for a while and for some reason this week, I'm either constipated or making tiny weird "dumps." I'm not sure what's going on. I've been taking stool softener hoping to "clear the pipes" but I'm not sure what's going on either. It's not affecting me "physically"...yet - but it is bothering me mentally.

So if anyone comes up some great ideas, please let me know. I've been eating all the roughage and doing the water so I'm not sure why it is an issue but it doesn't seem like a problem worth going to a doctor to see.

Anyway tips would be appreciated by me too. :)
Phyllis

Height: 5'2
SW - 177.6
Goal! - 132
Returning Weight - 143
CW - GOAL AGAIN!!!

Posted Image

Before JC with hubby and nephews in 2006/After JC (2nd time) in 2011

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 venicegypsy

venicegypsy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:25 PM

I use Docusate Sodium Stool Softener the Walgreens because it is cheaper but there are brand names of this also. I take calcium, Aecetaminopen for pain, and other meds which have a tendency to clog. I take 2 or 3 of the stool softener with my meds and 3 at bedtime with other meds. This keeps things going nicely. But I did have to take MiraLAX when I had a problem for a few days. Doctor recomended it once and it is very gentle, taseless, and I mixed it with Orange Crush! Good stuff.

#8 Baby B Grandma

Baby B Grandma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:56 PM

Water, water, water, water, water...

I also find that when I drink a lot of cold drinks, like a couple of diet cokes in a day (with ice), it tends to exacerbate the problem. I once read somewhere that a lot of cold liquid tends to freeze up the pipes, too. That's why hot tea and hot coffee seem to help, according to this article, anyway.
Posted Image

Returning Client Goal (12 pounds BACK OFF!)

50+ pound weight loss and gained 12 back after two years of maintenance. Time to get it back OFF! http://s859.photobuc...nt%3Dzumba3.jpg

Posted Image

#9 I Called Jenny

I Called Jenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,822 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:59 PM

I upped my stool softener dosage to THREE pills and I am seeing a major difference in BMs. I feel lighter and BMs are more "pleasant" and less painful.

So add the veggies and fat and maybe a couple of stool softeners and you should see a BIG difference. :)
Phyllis

Height: 5'2
SW - 177.6
Goal! - 132
Returning Weight - 143
CW - GOAL AGAIN!!!

Posted Image

Before JC with hubby and nephews in 2006/After JC (2nd time) in 2011

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 nannynatalie

nannynatalie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

I have had the same problem- as well as farting. Thanks JC- I didnt fart in front of my boyfriend until I got the Anytime Farts. :( I find exercise helps with the constipation. And the farts? Well, I have resorted to taking Beano.

#11 Kaimi2012

Kaimi2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

Probiotic gummies and Colace

November 2, 2012

Starting weight: 197.2

1/2 way weight: 172.7

1500 calories: 197.2-180

1200 calories: 180-155

Goal Weight: 155

#12 ejenny2003

ejenny2003

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:03 PM

It's funny-I thought I was the only one constipated.  I mix up the vegggies and I drink water, hot tea and coffee all day long. Usually BM's are every other day. Never used to be that way. I'm guessing before I consumed more FAT.  I returned 14 weeks ago and have lost 24 pounds of ugly fat. :(

#13 Boopison

Boopison

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:04 AM

It happened to me the first time I was on JC.  I couldn't figure out why, because I was eating far more fruits and veggies and drinking a lot more water.  My JCC recommended fresh pears.  That didn't help, so I found that drinking one cup of "Smooth Move" tea by Traditional Medicinals at night did the trick.

Vegas, 9/1/14!

Current Weight:  133.6

Target Weight by Vegas:  123.6

Overall Goal Weight:  117.0 (by 10/31/14)

Starting Weight:  133.6

Week 2, 7/29:  134.00

Week 3, 8/5:

Week 4, 8/12:  133.2

Week 5, 8/19:

Week 6: 8/26:

Week 7:  9/2:  hoping for 123.6!

#14 MindyG

MindyG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:04 AM

I was never regular before I started JC but once I began the problem became worse.  I tried many types of stool softeners and laxatives and all were ineffective or caused a lot of discomfort.  A friend turned me on to Smooth Move tea and it changed my life!  You can buy it in the grocery store and it comes in like 5 different flavors (mine is peppermint).  The trick is to figure out how many tea bags and how long to steep that suits your body.  For me I use two bags and let it steep for 30 minutes before drinking (I do this around 8pm as I wake up at 6am so adjust based on the time you get up).  There is no discomfort and POW it works every time!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users