• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Peechuz

Peechuz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:36 AM

I've just restarted JC and have been very cautious in selecting foods based on a GF lifestyle. I do not have Celiac Disease, but my nutritionist recommended that I choose a closer to GF lifestyle. Some tests have been done to indicate the I do not absorb my nutrients as should be. As such, I try to stay away from white/wheat products but find it difficult in the main dishes that JC provides because I need to be cautious of wheat/barley, etc. I want to stay on JC, but just need to be careful in my selections - the counselor that I deal with at JC is not really a dietician, so need to get a more professional bias. Thanks very much!
SW: 171
CW: TBA
GW: 130

#2 JC Dietitian 16

JC Dietitian 16

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:54 AM

Thank you for your post,

If you are looking for a gluten free diet, Jenny Craig will not be your best option. Most of the foods contain gluten/wheat. The few remaining foods that do not contain this ingredient are not enough to make up a complete balanced menu based on nutrients and calories.

You may want to see weight loss advice with a dietitian in your area. You can look at www.eatright.gov for a dietitian in your area.

Best wishes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users