26 replies to this topic

#1 Digby

Digby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 12:27 PM

Does anyone ever see any men working at your JC Center? One was recently hired at mine although I still see a woman each week for my weigh-in. I have always wondered why JC spends NO money on advertising geared towards men. The plan obviously works just as well for men -- maybe even better than for women. 15 years ago when I first joined JC, I had a man to see each week. He had lost over 150 pounds on the program (as I did then), and I think it really helped me seeing someone like me who had 'been there.' I do see a couple of other men going through the program from time to time.

#2 theatreannie

theatreannie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:04 PM

I've seen one man working at my center. I haven't seen all the consultants so it is possible there is another guy, but I somehow doubt it.

Of course JC works for men, but I think there is a belief that a man may be willing to talk to a female consultant but a woman wouldn't be as comfortable with a man.
Sept 2nd Goal

Go Turtle.... GO!!!

#3 BoyWonder

BoyWonder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:23 AM

I agree. I'd like to see more male staff members. I'm glad they now have a male spokesperson in George from Seinfeld. That is what got me to walk into the doors last week. One week, down. smile.gif

#4 edorice

edorice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 05:41 PM

Congratulations! I have read all over the boards that women do not feel comfortable talking to a man about weight issues. Also, woman are more emotional eaters. Having a man tell them to "just do it" would not work well with many women. I'm glad to see George as a spokesperson now as well. I've read his blog on this site too.

#5 jdh2010

jdh2010

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:38 PM

My JCC is a man, and I really like him. I was thrown off that I had a man at first when I answered the phone, but so far we're doing fine together.

April Wii Challenge:

SW: 150
CW: 135.4 (WOOT! Hello, 130sville)
GW: 130

My New Motto: Joie de Vivre -- Enjoy Life!

Patience is a Virtue

#6 Glen E

Glen E

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:14 AM

Glad Jason is on board - huge market for men and they lose faster...I always thought it was a frilly program until I met another guy who liked it. But as far as male counselors, I think it would not be good business sense - men can have women counselors, but not the other way around.
SW 280 C223, Maint since 9/2010, restart for 10 lb tunup, 8/28/12, maint again 11/23/12
Remember, it's not the "Glen Craig"plan , It's Jenny's, let her do it!
(meaning when I don't want my salad, I eat it anyway!)

#7 Will R.

Will R.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:00 PM

I can see this hasn't had a new post since February, but I wanted to respond.

I would like to see more men represented at Jenny Craig. I also think women could be comfortable with a male counselor. It would depend on his approach. Each woman would have to know the man wasn't judging her or dismissing her challenges, emotional or otherwise. Women enjoy positive encouragement from men and women.

Hey, I am just happy that Jenny Craig works for me! The staff at my center are excited with me at my success.

The men out there seem pretty quiet for the most part. But hey, there is one in Round Rock, Texas and I am doing GREAT!!!!!!

Will

"I am MMMMMmmelting AAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh!!!!!!"

Join our weight loss forum today for free weight loss support!

Weight Loss Center is your best free resource for weight loss

Join our weight loss forum today for free weight loss support!

#8 kristin67

kristin67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:28 AM

I am doing the At Home program and my first JCC was a man. At first it was a little odd to be discussing measurements and such but I got over it. He was great and I was sorry to see him go. Maybe the anonymous factor of talking on the phone and not in person helped bridge the gender gap.
Kristin

#9 Amanda87

Amanda87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:22 AM

I am a Jenny employee and do indeed have a male coworker smile.gif
amanda

#10 mikedk

mikedk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:33 AM

I am a male on the program and hope one day to work for jenny craig. I am an emotional eater, who binges. However, I have been able to learn how to lessen the frequency and the quantities while on Jenny. thanks
[/size][size="6"]Mike:)

#11 bethanna2004

bethanna2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE(mikedk @ Dec 10 2010, 06:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am a male on the program and hope one day to work for jenny craig. I am an emotional eater, who binges. However, I have been able to learn how to lessen the frequency and the quantities while on Jenny. thanks

Hi, Mike!
I'm a gal, but I think men probably have some of the same issues regarding eating. It's kind of a double standard; meaning a gal will notice a gal and think, "Gee, she could stand to lose a few pounds." But I don't look at a man with the same eyes. I just look at extra flesh on a man as being healthy. I know that is wrong! Extra weight on either sex is not healthy.
Emotional eating and binging is a human response be you male or female. Food is comfort. I don't know why, but it is.
Sounds like you are doing well. I like my JCC but sometimes think I would almost feel better talking to a fella because most guys I know are really understanding! So hang in there! smile.gif BH

#12 jza2k1

jza2k1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:48 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm a male Program Director with Jenny Craig for 4 yrs...I have seen thousands of clients male and female and can count on only one hand how many times someone hasn't wanted to see me because of gender. When I think about it>>>I'm pretty darn good at what I do, which is helping change lives' for the better!!

J

#13 bethanna2004

bethanna2004

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE(jza2k1 @ Dec 11 2010, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello everyone,

I'm a male Program Director with Jenny Craig for 4 yrs...I have seen thousands of clients male and female and can count on only one hand how many times someone hasn't wanted to see me because of gender. When I think about it>>>I'm pretty darn good at what I do, which is helping change lives' for the better!!

J

I bet you are very good!!!!! You've probably helped more people and saved more lives than you know. Bless all of you at JC. smile.gif BH

#14 Rachel Gold

Rachel Gold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:39 PM

I would have no problem with a male consultant, however, I feel it would be inappropriate for a woman to be tape measured by a male employee.
For those who say it can't be done, get out of the way.

#15 rwb

rwb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:40 AM

Perhaps they do not pay enough for a guy to support himself and family.

#16 Digby

Digby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE(Rachel Gold @ Jan 16 2011, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I feel it would be inappropriate for a woman to be tape measured by a male employee.

Why? A Female did all my measuring and I survived!

#17 Rachel Gold

Rachel Gold

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE(Digby @ Jan 28 2011, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why? A Female did all my measuring and I survived!

I bet!!!! smile.gif
For those who say it can't be done, get out of the way.

#18 Judyta

Judyta

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 03:29 PM

There are man too. When I started My consultant was a man ( changed it, because didn't feel so good). I remember I wanted a Sunday Consultant and all of them were man. So I had to change a day. smile.gif
Judy

#19 Linwalker

Linwalker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE(Digby @ Aug 6 2009, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone ever see any men working at your JC Center? One was recently hired at mine although I still see a woman each week for my weigh-in. I have always wondered why JC spends NO money on advertising geared towards men. The plan obviously works just as well for men -- maybe even better than for women. 15 years ago when I first joined JC, I had a man to see each week. He had lost over 150 pounds on the program (as I did then), and I think it really helped me seeing someone like me who had 'been there.' I do see a couple of other men going through the program from time to time.

My dad just started JC last week and his JCC is a man. I was surprised (so was he). My mom is on maintenance and goes to the same centre as my dad, of course. She said she's only seen the one there.

JC has Jason Alexander as spokesperson don't they? I was NEVER a Seinfeld fan. LOL

Posted Image

#20 South Jersey Steve

South Jersey Steve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:10 PM

My Center has a male CD (Center Director), a male councelor (plus two women JCC) and me, the PD (Program Director) so yes, there are lots of guys doing the JC program, as well as working for JC. I'd say about 90% of the clients and staff are women but I see more men joining JC now. I joined in 2010 after seeing Jason Alexander start the program so I'm sure there are other guys who felt the same way. Oh, and Ross Matthews (Ross is from The Tonight Show w/Jay Leno) is a spokesperson & client too.

As far as the tape measuring, it is our policy (in most centers I know) to have the client do their own measuring, whether the consultant is male or female.
Program Consultant
Marlton NJ Center

The comments and opinions expressed here by me are mine alone and not those of Jenny Craig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users